AFL--- Grand Final at Subi this weekend

MrBig

Diamond Member
Could be both coaches got together to get 2 Home Finals...
That could be the case but I've still got Eagles finishing 3rd at best and perhaps as low as 5th.
Hawks 2nd, Sydney 4th
I can see Hawks winning last 3 but Eagles to lose least one game (Crows or Bulldogs).
Bulldogs and Eagles 3rd and 5th probably depending on which team wins when they face each other next week.
Then I expect Hawks to make the final - against either Freo, Richmond or Eagles. Of these three Freo might have best chance of beating Hawks simply because of last year's finals experience.
I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG. This is my unbiased prediction (my team is not playing finals this year).
There you have it in black and white - we'll see how far off base I am in a few weeks' time.
After all, I usually get it all wrong. :)

AxeMan

Diamond Member
That could be the case but I've still got Eagles finishing 3rd at best and perhaps as low as 5th.
Hawks 2nd, Sydney 4th
I can see Hawks winning last 3 but Eagles to lose least one game (Crows or Bulldogs).
Bulldogs and Eagles 3rd and 5th probably depending on which team wins when they face each other next week.
Then I expect Hawks to make the final - against either Freo, Richmond or Eagles. Of these three Freo might have best chance of beating Hawks simply because of last year's finals experience.
I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG. This is my unbiased prediction (my team is not playing finals this year).
There you have it in black and white - we'll see how far off base I am in a few weeks' time.
Fact is all the critics have been underestimating the Eagles all season and they've stayed in second now for the majority of the season. I predict they'll finish second. I'd be more worried as a Freo supporter. They do not have the sort of game plan that responds well to a fast moving team like West Coast, Hawthorn or Richmond.

Buk

Diamond Member
Hawks 2nd, Sydney 4th
Which paper do you write for Mr little?

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
adac-gt-masters-15-640x425.jpg

Questions, Drive very fast around a race track risking life and limb, or walk down Pit Lane in heels and a short skirt looking beautiful.... ?

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, that derby looks to have cost both W.A. teams plenty in terms of injuries and suspensions. I normally ignore sport in general and AFL in particular but even I would love it if we had an Eagle/Dockers grand final just because of the agony it would cause to those arrogant, parochial Victorians.

MrBig

Diamond Member
Hawks 2nd, Sydney 4th
So far I stuffed up because I didn't think Hawks would lose to Port Adelaide a couple weeks ago.
That loss enabled Eagles to finish in 2nd spot.

AxeMan

Diamond Member
Not this CRAP AGAIN
No one's forcing you to read it!

Best thing is there will be 4 finals in WA regardless of results! Sweet :D

Going to be a cracker of a game Friday night. Definitely the game of the finals.

Fremantle should be Sydney at Subi.

North and Richmond is anyone's guess as those teams are hot and cold and just depends who turns up.

Bulldogs and Adelaide go in with shock losses under their belts. I think Adelaide are the better side and will prevail.

My predictions:

Week 1:
Hawks def Eagles
Fremantle def Sydney
Adelaide def Bulldogs
North def Tigers

Week 2:
Eagles def Adelaide
Sydney def North

Week 3:
Eagles def Fremantle
Hawks def Sydney

GF:
Eagles def Hawks in massive upset.

:) :) :)

MrBig

Diamond Member
It will definitely be a very colourful couple of weeks and weekends in Perth.

Interesting how you have hawks winning here and then losing GF.

I think both Perth teams should win at home especially if it is not a wet weekend.

North and Richmond I agree could go either way but I think I Richmond might get up.

Adelaide over bulldogs - totally agree.

That leaves me with week 2.
hawks to beat adelaide
Richmond to beat Sydney (tough road trip for Sydney if they play after a loss in Perth).

Week 3
Freo to beat hawks
then......

bugger that can't be right..... but good for WA.

I'm heading down the path for Eagles/freo final. Eagles finishing second stuffed up my earlier prediction. Both perth teams will hard to beat at home.

Too hard.
LOL.

juddy

Gold Member
Ross Lyon was not flirting with form as his side doesn't have any :)

Every side in the Top4/Top8 have had either shock loss or heavy loss in the last 5 rounds.

It's anyone's cup to hold aloft.

MrBig

Diamond Member
Wet weather for both games here this weekend. Instead of free flowing skilful game we might see a slogfest where any team can win.
:p To Bepp if he's still reading this thread. :)

scavenger

Gold Member
Help yourself out bepp and unwatch the thread.

Western grand finals..
Yes a Western GF , west as in the Western Oval over the bridge in Footascry mite,, reckon their due . but for me go Saints,, oh well it's nice to have at least one item of silverware in the almighty cabinet.

Happy2

Legend Member
Dont forget the Mighty Carlton (we have the ) Blues
4 wooden spoons in 14 seasons

I reckon just before they present the Premiership medallions and cup They should bring up the Carlton hierarchy to collect their woodware Might stop others tanking to

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Dont forget the Mighty Carlton (we have the ) Blues
4 wooden spoons in 14 seasons

I reckon just before they present the Premiership medallions and cup They should bring up the Carlton hierarchy to collect their woodware Might stop others tanking to
\\

Or
18k20b6dflfqgjpg.jpg

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Carn the West Coast Eagles!!

I reckon, and hope the Eagles and Dockers win . Just so the West can take a piss over the Victorians

Funny thing is Victorians don't care, they enlarged the competition for these types of weekends and outcomes if they didn't want to make the AFL it would still be the VFL.... ..