AFL--- Grand Final at Subi this weekend

User184

Gold Member
That was the greatest travesty in the history of travesties... Greek Theatre created the Tragedy only to foreshadow what the umpires did tonight at Subiaco Oval.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Unreal the weagles jyst won a game...we'll probably never hear the end of this ......all the worms will come out of the woodwork now

S

Scottyy

Funny thing is Victorians don't care, they enlarged the competition for these types of weekends and outcomes if they didn't want to make the AFL it would still be the VFL.... ..

Don't be jelly already Phoebe. #thewestisfinals

That was the greatest travesty in the history of travesties... Greek Theatre created the Tragedy only to foreshadow what the umpires did tonight at Subiaco Oval.

I reckon the umpires did well tonight. Just a couple of unfair calls.

Unreal the weagles jyst won a game...we'll probably never hear the end of this ......all the worms will come out of the woodwork now

And lastly but not least. HA. HAAA.. We're the Eagles, and we're flying high. Yeeowww

AxeMan

Diamond Member
Yep always the umpires. There were 36 players out there at any one time but the 3 blokes who can't kick, mark or handball won the game for one side...

Happy2

Legend Member
Yep always the umpires. There were 36 players out there at any one time but the 3 blokes who can't kick, mark or handball won the game for one side...
Yes we can be very selective as to who to blame

I am still surprised at how many people blame Murray Wrenstead for losing the game against Melbourne Which would have put the eagles into the finals for the very 1st time in only there 2cnd season Yet there were about 15 points kicked that match But we never hear the names of those point instead of goal kickers

AxeMan

Diamond Member
Yes we can be very selective as to who to blame

I am still surprised at how many people blame Murray Wrenstead for losing the game against Melbourne Which would have put the eagles into the finals for the very 1st time in only there 2cnd season Yet there were about 15 points kicked that match But we never hear the names of those point instead of goal kickers
But it was Murray so yeah he deserved it :D

MrBig

Diamond Member
Let me say, firstly, that I'm not an Eagles nor am I a Hawks supporter - I was born and bred in Perth. Btw - I'm not a Freo supporter either.

To me, last night's game was a disappointing spectacle.

Umpiring was a disgrace - Hawks players would have had to second guess themselves all the time in fear of being unfairly pinged whenever they touched the ball or an Eagles player. Umpires swayed by the spectators rather than using their own judgement - they are only human and Hawks failed to finish second on the ladder (their loss to Port Adelaide a few weeks back might come back to haunt them) - however, that's the advantage of getting to play finals on home soil

Many of spectators were a disgrace - Victorians generally embrace sports of many codes irrespective of being a fan of a particular sportsperson or team. A large proportion simply love supporting and watching sports for entertainment value as opposed to the West's mentality where the game itself doesn't matter as long as the outcome is that we beat the Vics.

The Hawks didn't bring their best game - how many bad passes did Rioli make? It was possibly his worst game of the season.

The wind and weather were a definite advantage to Eagles - but that is why a team strives for a home final.

The ground surface - likewise an advantage to the Eagles (Many of the Hawks players must have brought their wrong boots) - but again home ground advantage.

It was, by far, not the most skilful game I've seen this year but it showed just how much advantage you have by finishing the season as far up the ladder as possible. The Hawks were not good enough DURING THE SEASON to win enough games to be in an advantageous position during the final.

Having said that, the ladder position of the teams may have been very, very different if there was a balanced pairing of home and away games during the season and not pre-determined pairings for the AFL's financial benefit. I'd want to have each team play each other team twice (once at home and once away).

Wet today? I think it a disadvantage for Freo - let's see if they can slog it out.

Cheers

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Just in case its needed....eagles n dockers fans can now buy tissues in a box of their teams colours

Happy2

Legend Member
Just in case its needed....eagles n dockers fans can now buy tissues in a box of their teams colours
Yeah ? I just bought some toilet paper in Carlton colours
Didn't look much different before or after

S

Scottyy

It's also a shame that Priddis wasn't playing otherwise it would have been more of a flogging :D:D

And a wins a win. You win some and you lose some :p

juddy

Gold Member
If Cyril Rioli had the game that Josh Hill had it would have been a wank fest in the commentary box.

Happy2

Legend Member
I apologise to the west coast supporters for jumping to the conclusion that Freo supporters would not boo Adam Goodes
They were nearly as bad :);)

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I am praying that those seats on planes the dockers supporters have they will be refunding them soon, as I need to get east soon..... ;)

Phoebe

Legend Member
The WA Media killed them.... but the 1st 5 minutes the dockers controlled.... ;)

How you would love to be on those trains in Perth now.... ... I spy with my little eye something beginning with L .....

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
The WA Media killed them.... but the 1st 5 minutes the dockers controlled.... ;)

How you would love to be on those trains in Perth now.... ... I spy with my little eye something beginning with L .....
Lyons.freo coach

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Losers........ I should go down my local station and play the hawks song....
Awww geee thats being tough phoebs
I thought the 2 biggest LOSERS on the night were those 2 docker supporters ...one who shaped up to a Hawks player who was only playing the game and the udder who gave a Hawks player a mouthfull ofno doubt shit after he was pushed backwards into the fence,n looked like he hurt himself.....it was good tp see this supposed yo b freo supporter get spoken to by ground staff but boy didnt he let the crowd kniw how muxh of a DIK he is

Phoebe

Legend Member
Awww geee thats being tough phoebs
I thought the 2 biggest LOSERS on the night were those 2 docker supporters ...one who shaped up to a Hawks player who was only playing the game and the udder who gave a Hawks player a mouthfull ofno doubt shit after he was pushed backwards into the fence,n looked like he hurt himself.....it was good tp see this supposed yo b freo supporter get spoken to by ground staff but boy didnt he let the crowd kniw how muxh of a DIK he is

I follow English Premier league and world football I have seen worse than that and heard worse..... Football fans here are not even close to the round ball game supporters... Those two dudes full of dutch courage, the hawks players got the last laugh and in sport that's the best revenge The scoreboard, The players go home with a fatter wallet and a beautiful woman there, what will they do?

The AFL crowds really are well behaved compared to European Football crowds..

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
I follow English Premier league and world football I have seen worse than that and heard worse..... Football fans here are not even close to the round ball game supporters... Those two dudes full of dutch courage, the hawks players got the last laugh and in sport that's the best revenge The scoreboard, The players go home with a fatter wallet and a beautiful woman there, what will they do?

The AFL crowds really are well behaved compared to European Football crowds..
In the EPL are u allowed to BOO

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Just to dhow how feral some dockers supporters are go to wanews today n watch the clip of a hero.....good to see that feral whi shaped up to a Hawk player was evicted from the ground n also police r looking into tge ohter incident ...Docker supporters you really done ur tean proud tonight
Cmon lyons defend ya suppoters