• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

AFL--- Grand Final at Subi this weekend

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I'd say you're pretty safe they wont win the GF They havent got a coach or players to take em to that level..so u can keep ur pink laxey g-string all covered upbut watch out for the moths

Then I said Grand final night... MAYBE, depending on the input for wl's

Happy2

Legend Member
Hey bepp ,Mr Little How do we wankers commiserate with each other
Only polite suggestions from nosebleed seats thank you

MrBig

Diamond Member
Hey bepp ,Mr Little How do we wankers commiserate with each other
Only polite suggestions from nosebleed seats thank you

Well there are many fans out there that had known long ago that their respective team wouldn't make the finals. At least the pies made it this far.

H2 needs to lose the "happy" . So g'day sad2
I'm now known as Mr Littler Still
Bepp - sorry - got nothing clever - not that the other name changes were real clever.

Pies weren't gonna win the flag so they might as well have a longer rest/recover stage and come out stronger next year.

Buk

Diamond Member
Well there are many fans out there that had known long ago that their respective team wouldn't make the finals. At least the pies made it this far.

H2 needs to lose the "happy" . So g'day sad2
I'm now known as Mr Littler Still
Bepp - sorry - got nothing clever - not that the other name changes were real clever.

Pies weren't gonna win the flag so they might as well have a longer rest/recover stage and come out stronger next year.
And they can get their dental problems sorted out too....reinforce that one tooth. :)

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
At least we didnt BOO at the SCG we're a polite mob....AND anudder honorable lose

Last edited:
Reactions: Buk

MrBig

Diamond Member
As for the derby.
My reason for believing West Coast to win are...
Lyons is not interested in beating Eagles.
He's hungry for the flag.
Freo has secured a home final's game already.
Now he'll be preparing his team for the finals.
He'll play his squad like a finals - but not for the whole game.
He'll be swapping/testing/restiing players.
Eagles need the win to anchor second spot.
They'll be hungry.
If freo still end up winning then the eagles will struggle against other teams come finals time.

Buk

Diamond Member
As for the derby.
They'll be hungry.
If freo still end up winning then the eagles will struggle against other teams come finals time.
I like your thinking.....and if Eagles win, I'll ummm.....let me think....mmmm....give u the address of a lovely WL....and she doesn't charge like a wounded bull :)

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
As for the derby.
They'll be hungry.
You could b right there Mr L.but dont forget Lyons doesnt have a great track record finals time

S

Scottyy

And the annoying thing is Scotty will try and say he was only book g the white stripe
But we know he was booing the other stripe :D

But it's equal if I boo Collingwood. Not being racist, they're black and white

MrBig

Diamond Member
You could b right there Mr L.but dont forget Lyons doesnt have a great track record finals time
Exactly. That's why he's only interested in finals and the flag, He's been bridesmaid a few times but never the bride.

S

Scottyy

As for the derby.
They'll be hungry.

The Dockers can't let the Eagles win a derby though. It will hurt the Dockers to see the Eagles boast about a win over them

Happy2

Legend Member
Exactly. That's why he's only interested in finals and the flag, He's been bridesmaid a few times but never the bride.
Agree Thats why the Saints struggled when he left He was so intent on the flag he didn't blood the youth for the future
Same appears to be happening at Freo If he leaves with no flag He will leave another squad with untried young talent

MrBig

Diamond Member
The Dockers can't let the Eagles win a derby though. It will hurt the Dockers to see the Eagles boast about a win over them
Freo's had the wood over them for a while now. Losing to Eagles on this occasion shouldn't worry them in the least - much more important is the Finals. The players (but not so much as previous freo teams) and fans want the bragging rights - not the coach. They may be on top of the ladder but there are still other teams that are playing good footy at the moment. It should be an interesting final series.

S

Scottyy

Freo's had the wood over them for a while now. Losing to Eagles on this occasion shouldn't worry them in the least - much more important is the Finals. The players (but not so much as previous freo teams) and fans want the bragging rights - not the coach. They may be on top of the ladder but there are still other teams that are playing good footy at the moment. It should be an interesting final series.

Freo will never hear the end of it. Eagles beating them. Eagles being on top of them. And hopefully but I doubt it, Eagles taking the flag. And to top it off, Pavo retires and Fyfe moves on to a greater team..

MrBig

Diamond Member
Now that the swans v pies game is over, the only other game of real interest and should be hard fought this weekend is the cats v hawks match. Cats need it to stay in top 8 and hawks to stay in top 4. :p

MrBig

Diamond Member
Lyons not perturbed at all. Appears to me he just wanted his team to practice a come-from-behind scenario in case it's needed in the real games to come.

Happy2

Legend Member
You don't give your main rivals a confidence boost just before the finals if you can possibly help it