Why Do Guys Never Want To Take You On Dates?

John Smithl

Legend Member
Women want love/respect/trust how simple can you get? Oh and to feel safe in that relationship! NOT a garage full of crap
The view is too simplistic and is therefore erroneous.

The issue is where people (men and women) are looking for it.
Love, respect, trust needs to start with oneself; and then flows outwards to partner, children, family, work, community, nation, globe.
This is the point of taking responsibility for oneself, and not dis-empowering oneself by blaming others.
It is not about being self absorbed.
This is not about men vs women.

How can we expect others to love us when we cannot love ourselves unconditionally?

stovo82

Diamond Member
Most men are stuck in the 1950s/60s era and regard a woman like Elizabeth Montgomery aka Samantha from Bewitched as our ideal woman.
Women have endless choices and earn their own money and rather wait for a Perfect Man like George Clooney and Brad Pitt than settle for an unsuitable man or an average man.

Modern education system is failing boys/men. It is more suitable for women that are better at reading and writing essays. Men are better at learning practical skills than sit for hours on end in classrooms. 60% of university graduates are women and women never consider men who earn less than them or has a lower education. Low skilled jobs and manual labour jobs are being made redundant: automated or sent overseas and that means less jobs for men without adequate education.

The education system and the economy has changed dramatically over the last 50 years as a result of technological advancements. Men have not changed much since the 1950s/60s, women have changed significantly from housewives dependent upon husbands to independent women with unlimited choices in life. Men from a middle or upper class background with higher education will be able to adapt to change but the men from lower socio-economic backgrounds with little or no education are going to struggle in life.

Last edited:

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Most men are stuck in the 1950s/60s era and regard a woman like Elizabeth Montgomery aka Samantha from Bewitched as our ideal woman.
Women have endless choices and earn their own money and rather wait for a Perfect Man like George Clooney and Brad Pitt than settle for an unsuitable man or an average man.

Nail/ Head... hit on. well said... Men have done nothing to combat the rise of Women.. nothing .

C

Ciao Baby

The view is too simplistic and is therefore erroneous.

The issue is where people (men and women) are looking for it.
Love, respect, trust needs to start with oneself; and then flows outwards to partner, children, family, work, community, nation, globe.
This is the point of taking responsibility for oneself, and not dis-empowering oneself by blaming others.
It is not about being self absorbed.
This is not about men vs women.

How can we expect others to love us when we cannot love ourselves unconditionally?
That is probably the most logical answer in this entire thread.
One thing that seems to have been overlooked tho either intentionally or unintentionally is that the original poster is an active working girl so I cannot 4 the life of me see how the same rules & expectations of a 'normal lady' could even remotely apply to the expectations of a working girl? To me it is a textbook case of both wanting her cake & 2 eat it as well.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Yeah right, says she on a sex forum.
You're here because of your dad.
Simplistic and continuously erroneous views... lol

I'm here because of Ovaries, Fallopian tubes, and a thing called a womb....

John Smithl

Legend Member
I'm expecting either an upcoming personal attack, or "I was just kidding", or nothing (avoidance/denial)

Phoebe

Legend Member
I'm expecting either an upcoming personal attack, or "I was just kidding", or nothing (avoidance/denial)

Buddy.... no personal attack here.. LOL

... and a successful sperm from your dad's testicles

Suggest looking at things from a wider perspective that includes humanity rather than men vs women.

Awwww daddy must thank him one day... maybe just not today..... LOL

If men were humane why do they enjoy killing other men ? and sending other men off to war? LOL

Women V Men was created by Men sorry to say, probably a white dude with a comb over.

John Smithl

Legend Member
Buddy.... no personal attack here.. LOL

Awwww daddy must thank him one day... maybe just not today..... LOL

If men were humane why do they enjoy killing other men ? and sending other men off to war? LOL

Women V Men was created by Men sorry to say, probably a white dude with a comb over.
Ha, and you're perpetuating "Women V Men".... mindless following... lol
Where's the evidence it was created by men?
I agree, there is no personal attack here.
Yet we'll see whether you'll be able to find and clearly express the fourth option that wasn't mentioned.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Ha, and you're perpetuating "Women V Men".... mindless following... lol
Where's the evidence it was created by men?
I agree, there is no personal attack here.
Yet we'll see whether you'll be able to find and clearly express the fourth option that wasn't mentioned.

Why would women need to attack men for when men do a fine job of that themselves...

John Smithl

Legend Member
Why would women need to attack men for when men do a fine job of that themselves...
Phoebe: "Women rule just face it... women dont need men.. but men need women.. "
Phoebe: "Men have done nothing to combat the rise of Women.. nothing"
Phoebe: "Why would women need to attack men for when men do a fine job of that themselves... "

Inconsistent, simplistic, erroneous views...

It appears that you blame men for everything, even attacking themselves - are you enjoying your self imposed victimhood much?
You can set yourself free from it, yet you choose not to.
I wonder why?

Phoebe

Legend Member
Phoebe: "Women rule just face it... women dont need men.. but men need women.. "
Phoebe: "Men have done nothing to combat the rise of Women.. nothing"
Phoebe: "Why would women need to attack men for when men do a fine job of that themselves... "

Inconsistent, simplistic, erroneous views...

It appears that you blame men for everything, even attacking themselves - are you enjoying your self imposed victimhood much?
You can set yourself free from it, yet you choose not to.
I wonder why?

Because I was born with a massive wooden spoon in my right hand ;) hint hint... and plus I have been labelled a bitch so may as well live up to that reputation.. ;)

John Smithl

Legend Member
We need to find that out for ourselves... Delphic oracle says to "know thyself"
A search for "advaita vedanta" on Google finds the link below which goes some way to explaining it.

Yet it is to experience that, not talk about it.
This is a universal principle.
For example:
"In Mayan tradition, there is a greeting that many people working with Mayan wisdom know of. It is the law of In Lak'ech Ala K'in, which means I am another yourself (A modern day interpretation). It also means I am you, and you are me (A traditional Mayan interpretation). We have come to understand that this Mayan greeting is an honoring for each other. It is a statement of unity and oneness. In Lak'ech Ala K'in mirrors the same sentiment of other beautiful greetings such as Namaste for East India, Wiracocha for the Inca, and Mitakuye Oyasin for the Lakota."
"Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Down boy

Gold Member
Did that
We need to find that out for ourselves... Delphic oracle says to "know thyself"
A search for "advaita vedanta" on Google finds the link below which goes some way to explaining it.

Yet it is to experience that, not talk about it.
This is a universal principle.
For example:
"In Mayan tradition, there is a greeting that many people working with Mayan wisdom know of. It is the law of In Lak'ech Ala K'in, which means I am another yourself (A modern day interpretation). It also means I am you, and you are me (A traditional Mayan interpretation). We have come to understand that this Mayan greeting is an honoring for each other. It is a statement of unity and oneness. In Lak'ech Ala K'in mirrors the same sentiment of other beautiful greetings such as Namaste for East India, Wiracocha for the Inca, and Mitakuye Oyasin for the Lakota."
"Do to others as you would have them do to you."

does that include their penchant for human sacrifice?

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
My grandfather told me many years ago that you must always "court" your lady. So I always tried. Truth is I am a romantic and despite two failed long term relationships, I will continue to adhere to my wonderful grandfathers advice. He is right.

Josfer72

Gold Member
My experience was that I'm just a normal guy on a normal wage! I couldn't give her the thousands of dollars per week that she earned as a WL! We were together for a couple of years and I did everything I could to make her happy! It worked for a while but eventually the lure of some of her millionaire clients was too strong! And she lost interest!

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
One thing that seems to have been overlooked tho either intentionally or unintentionally is that the original poster is an active working girl so I cannot 4 the life of me see how the same rules & expectations of a 'normal lady' could even remotely apply to the expectations of a working girl? To me it is a textbook case of both wanting her cake & 2 eat it as well.
Well if that is how you feel you should not ever date a working girl You are saying a normal lady. You obviously think we do not deserve to be happy & treated right because of our chosen profession. So you are not someone i would like to ever meet or have in my life !

C

Ciao Baby

Well if that is how you feel you should not ever date a working girl You are saying a normal lady. You obviously think we do not deserve to be happy & treated right because of our chosen profession. So you are not someone i would like to ever meet or have in my life !
No read my post again. I am saying that you can't have your cake & eat it as well.

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
My grandfather told me many years ago that you must always "court" your lady. So I always tried. Truth is I am a romantic and despite two failed long term relationships, I will continue to adhere to my wonderful grandfathers advice. He is right.
No read my post again. I am saying that you can't have your cake & eat it as well.
Why cant we be treated like any other lady. Why should i drop my standards ?

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
Why cant we be treated like any other lady. Why should i drop my standards ?
Why cant i have a relationship. I know people who do and their partners treat them very well ! It is just getting the right guy that understands its a job. NOT A LOVE AFFAIR !

C

Ciao Baby

Why cant i have a relationship. I know people who do and their partners treat them very well ! It is just getting the right guy that understands its a job. NOT A LOVE AFFAIR !
And I know someone that won division 1 lotto 3 times darling šŸ˜Š