Panic Buying - WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Annoyance

What can you do utter greed, its happened all thought-out history and will continue to. Large portion of the population and my friends are doing the right things, these others need to get off their asses and stop placing their faces in front of their tv, phones watching main street media controlling their decisions and making the situation worse, hopefully one day these people will be able to civilise themselves
I highly doubt it tho since we live in a technology age for social feeds and digital news, remember the old saying parents use to say stop gluing your eyes at the TV. Well it's all everyone does these days. First thing most ppl do is watch news every day.

stovo82

Diamond Member
I am just a match with a fuse.
A life is a match.
Share market, drops to bottom, war again!
Time is Up!

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Just saw a bloke walk out with six cartons of Emu Export cans (which took three trips). so the new hoarding item might now be booze, even though you can still buy it in the exact same store he walked out of.

Why anyone would want to hoard Emu Export is beyond me.

dan60

Diamond Member
Just saw a bloke walk out with six cartons of Emu Export cans (which took three trips). so the new hoarding item might now be booze, even though you can still buy it in the exact same store he walked out of.

did he have a gun? :)
perhaps he has a lot of dogs to wash?
is there any other use for it?

A

Annoyance

Its because of all these fools that the prices are going to sky rocket, saw a cabbage today selling for $5, and that not the only thing that's super expensive now.
Now fuel is cheaper I bet ppl will be hoarding that too.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Gun shops are reporting a surge in ammunition sales amid concerns of looming shortages and price hikes, as hunters heading for the hills are warned they could spread the coronavirus.
The low Australian dollar is set to cause a spike in ammunition prices, while scenes of gun shops being stripped of stock in the US has led Australian firearm owners to begin stockpiling in case of shortages, dealers say.
A notice on the website of Toowoomba gun shop The Barn warns that “major ammo shortages and price rises (are) predicted to hit Australian gun shops”.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Gun shops are reporting a surge in ammunition sales amid concerns of looming shortages and price hikes, as hunters heading for the hills are warned they could spread the coronavirus.
The low Australian dollar is set to cause a spike in ammunition prices, while scenes of gun shops being stripped of stock in the US has led Australian firearm owners to begin stockpiling in case of shortages, dealers say.
A notice on the website of Toowoomba gun shop The Barn warns that “major ammo shortages and price rises (are) predicted to hit Australian gun shops”.

Yes but the American can buy an AR/AK what can the free Aussie buy?

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Yee haw. Dem dang corona zombie critters gunna get sum if they all comes looking fer me bog paper stash...

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Yee haw. Dem dang corona zombie critters gunna get sum if they all comes looking fer me bog paper stash...

More than 10 million guns were produced in the U.S. in 2016. The industry's economic impact rose from $19 billion in 2008 to over $51 billion in 2016, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the firearms industry's trade association.

I bet deep down Australia would love to have that, BUT some freaking political hack called Howard saw fit to end that... with a knee jerk reaction, to a crazy DUDE that held licensed firearms.. LETs not forget that FACT!

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member

spot on....that's exactly what will happen......booze will turn into the new toilet paper 🤦‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.