• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Panic Buying - WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Annoyance

That's cause IGA is the most expensive place to get stuff, the last place to shop kinda thing.

dan60

Diamond Member
oh how my mates laughed when i applied for my concession card.
they wouldn't be laughing this morning as i waltzed past the long line of needy fuckers waiting for the 8am opening at coles.
i told myself that the coles security asked for my card because he didn't think i looked old enough (no laughing at the back please)
how i laughed as i grabbed one of the last 6 packets of dunny roll, filled my trolley with rice, pasta, hand wash, bleach etc.
i tried in vain to control the smirk as the aforementioned needy fuckers raced past me and the 2 x police officers at 08:01am to fight over the remaining 5 packets.
when will these needy fuckers learn?

PS does anybody know any good carpenters, the shelves in my pantry have collapsed

N

Night Owl Ciao

oh how my mates laughed when i applied for my concession card.
they wouldn't be laughing this morning as i waltzed past the long line of needy fuckers waiting for the 8am opening at coles.
i told myself that the coles security asked for my card because he didn't think i looked old enough (no laughing at the back please)
how i laughed as i grabbed one of the last 6 packets of dunny roll, filled my trolley with rice, pasta, hand wash, bleach etc.
i tried in vain to control the smirk as the aforementioned needy fuckers raced past me and the 2 x police officers at 08:01am to fight over the remaining 5 packets.
when will these needy fuckers learn?

PS does anybody know any good carpenters, the shelves in my pantry have collapsed
Maybe you could prop up the shelves in your pantry with rolls of dunny paper mate? 😊

D

Drinkwater

That's cause IGA is the most expensive place to get stuff, the last place to shop kinda thing.
Not all. The bigger IGA stores are fairly competitive. Especially with the price gouging Coles and Woolworths are doing at the moment.

Think things might be changing. I've been to three supermarkets this week and had no issues. Seems the only stores with stock issues are the stores in large shopping centres. Stand alones are ok.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member

How many of those needed to leave that line to take a shit or pee .... Irony at its finest!

A

Annoyance

How many of those needed to leave that line to take a shit or pee .... Irony at its finest!

What about when Costco opened ppl waited in line since 12midnight, and I bet there are no toilets around there with TP in them. LoL.

Treecat

Gold Member
I have been told that a lot of the problems with Coles, Woolies, IGA and Aldi not having enough stock is that most stores have a curfew, that is , no deliveries after a certain time. The Premier has ordered that to catch up with restocking the stores, that the curfews are to be ignored for the time being. Hopefully this, and the changes in opening hours will help get enough stick into the stores.

Phoebe

Legend Member
I have been told that a lot of the problems with Coles, Woolies, IGA and Aldi not having enough stock is that most stores have a curfew, that is , no deliveries after a certain time. The Premier has ordered that to catch up with restocking the stores, that the curfews are to be ignored for the time being. Hopefully this, and the changes in opening hours will help get enough stick into the stores.

100% correct. They need to bring on more trucks and drivers and remove curfews and things should ease..

Treecat

Gold Member
100% correct. They need to bring on more trucks and drivers and remove curfews and things should ease..
Even then there is the backlog at the DCs. I have friends who go south to do the Coles stores and they were all running about 10 hours late.

Mickey91

Gold Member
Will continue for the fore sable future unfortunately, work in the business and cant see the situation improving anytime soon, as the Distrubition centre's don't have the stock levels to supply the shops with their demand. The panic and greed continue

Phoebe

Legend Member
Will continue for the fore sable future unfortunately, work in the business and cant see the situation improving anytime soon, as the Distrubition centre's don't have the stock levels to supply the shops with their demand. The panic and greed continue

Maybe or maybe not depending on how many deliveries truckies can do now that curfews have been lifted...

Bunnings sells toilet rolls.

stovo82

Diamond Member
There is a war with china and they have a virus with Trump's name on it. It is Germ warfare. A Pathogen that expands and kills everything in sight and sets us on fire with a ticking time clock.

Mickey91

Gold Member
Brother works in a distribution centre, they places orders in for these essentials and get very little of it in, many stores don't even receive any of it, what little is placed on the shelf is gone within the day. The problem will be over once you walk into your local shop day after day after day and see these essentials are their and these sections aren't empty

Phoebe

Legend Member
Brother works in a distribution centre, they places orders in for these essentials and get very little of it in, many stores don't even receive any of it, what little is placed on the shelf is gone within the day. The problem will be over once you walk into your local shop day after day after day and see these essentials are their and these sections aren't empty

Silly Humans

Mickey91

Gold Member
What can you do utter greed, its happened all thought-out history and will continue to. Large portion of the population and my friends are doing the right things, these others need to get off their asses and stop placing their faces in front of their tv, phones watching main street media controlling their decisions and making the situation worse, hopefully one day these people will be able to civilise themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.