Coronavirus predictions...

The Voice

Diamond Member
Yep great resource the ABC, but the Australian really? As with Sky news it is hardly a trustworthy news source. It is only die hard conservatives that would pay for that rubbish - fake news, climate change denial, sports rorts corruption not reported, Scott Morrison is a legend and can do no wrong. If I had to choose the Australian online or paper I'd take the latter as it could at least alleviate the toilet paper shortage.

Flatboroque

Thick Thighs Saves Lives.
Diamond Member
Huff and Puff all ya like, you're not blowing this house down.

hundreds-of-toilet-paper-rolls-stolen-amid-coronavirus-fears.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Yep great resource the ABC, but the Australian really? As with Sky news it is hardly a trustworthy news source. It is only die hard conservatives that would pay for that rubbish - fake news, climate change denial, sports rorts corruption not reported, Scott Morrison is a legend and can do no wrong. If I had to choose the Australian online or paper I'd take the latter as it could at least alleviate the toilet paper shortage.

Well the ABC had that bit about the 70year old Doctor working while infected on its TV news tonight I think the newsreader was reading from the Australian not the teleprompter.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Yes as aparently fit people dont catch it as its a airborne lung virus andDoes anyone know if anyone who has caught corona virus ever recovered???
They interviewed a young couple who did, they were on the Diamond Princess. Was on channel 10 Project

sdm85

Gold Member
Wondering what everyone thinks is going to happen next?
Next week? Next month? By the end of the year.......?

I'm expecting many of us will get a bit sick, some worse than others and many old or very sick people will sadly die but health wise most of us will recover. The impact on the health system will be huge but hopefully a vaccine arrives before the end of the year?

Financially this is incredibly bad and it'll only get worse in the short term. Can you imagine AFL games played with no crowds, silent olympics, cancelled events, casual employers loosing work, small business closures etc etc. It's going to be a long road to recovery

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
From the government website

Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
From the government website

Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
I was listening to the radio today and one those profits had predicted this and said it will disappear as soon as it came but there will be a second wave that will be devastating those survivors will be relocated from infected city's to else where on the creation of the new world different as we know it now did anyone else hear that radio broadcast.

Tammy Jo

Gold Member
I think it should be taken seriously but we need to stop the conspiracy theories. This is the first big one where the world health organizations have come together, and I think we have an overreaction by the people themselves. I think it is great to have the governments working together to find sensible solutions to slow the spread of this virus.
The death rate is relatively low compared to other viruses and people with other ailments are more likely to succumb than fit and healthy people, so hopefully, all our fitness levels will improve...I think it is more beneficial to work on your personal fitness than to stock up on toilet paper when your hand soap and water can achieve the same result...what did we use 100 years ago?
I agree with all this but I do hope they make a vaccination faster than ever before

Tammy Jo

Gold Member
I was listening to the radio today and one those profits had predicted this and said it will disappear as soon as it came but there will be a second wave that will be devastating those survivors will be relocated from infected city's to else where on the creation of the new world different as we know it now did anyone else hear that radio broadcast.
Your off your face surely?

Davep89

Silver Member
I'm expecting many of us will get a bit sick, some worse than others and many old or very sick people will sadly die but health wise most of us will recover. The impact on the health system will be huge but hopefully a vaccine arrives before the end of the year?

Financially this is incredibly bad and it'll only get worse in the short term. Can you imagine AFL games played with no crowds, silent olympics, cancelled events, casual employers loosing work, small business closures etc etc. It's going to be a long road to recovery
People die of the flu every year! They're just trying to manage the load on our medical system.