• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Coronavirus predictions...

T

Tania Admin

Having a touch of emphysema it does concern me, that if I contract it, my lungs won't handle it.
In saying that I actually do have faith in our national pandemic plan. Also the fact the population is smaller in Darwin is also a plus I believe.
Good hygiene (washing hands etc) is vital.
And hopefully anyone who is ill remains home and anyone coughing or sneezing covers their mouth and nose.
Also being Darwin we have a rather good cyclone kit we've packed. The food and supply of essentials (though not toilet paper 🤣 ) Should get us through a period of isolation should the NT go into lock down.

I'm very confident though that everything will be okay.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
The coronavirus epidemic is up-ending the carefully calibrated logistics of global shipping, as plunging exports from China disrupt the trade of American goods, especially farm products such as fruit and meat destined for Asia.
Congestion at Chinese ports and interrupted sailings have squeezed space on China-bound vessels and created an imbalance of the 40-foot refrigerated containers used to ship fruit, meats and other perishables on three-week voyages across the Pacific, with many stuck on the China side.
The traffic jam is pushing up transportation prices for US exporters and sowing turmoil on the heels of a painful trade war.

Shipping volumes out of China plummeted in February as factory shutdowns in the wake of the epidemic crimped industrial production. Containership operators have cancelled nearly 60 trans-Pacific sailings to the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, California in the first quarter and more than 110 to all of North America. Normally there are about 200 sailings of container ships across the Pacific a month.
That means fewer ships are available to make the return journey east, and the normal turnover of containers has stalled.
“Right now empty [refrigerated] containers are in short supply,” said Peter Friedmann, executive director of the Agriculture Transportation Coalition, a trade group for exporters. “It’s harder to get on a vessel, and there’s not enough outbound capacity to handle all the cargo seeking bookings, particularly to China.”
“The lines are so long it looks like the LA freeway,” said Carleton Booker, the company’s director of sales and operations.

Stolen from The Australian On Line

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Health Minister ‘flabbergasted’ at doctor’s actons
Victoria’s Health Minister has been left “flabbergasted” by a Melbourne doctor - the latest Australian to test positive for COVID-19 - after he went to work with flu-like symptoms and potentially exposed 70 patients and fellow medical staff to the virus.
The 70-year-old doctor, who works at a Toorak clinic on Malvern Road in Melbourne’s south east, recently travelled to the United States and reported feeling mild symptoms on a flight from Denver to San Francisco on February 27.
He then flew from San Francisco to Melbourne on United Airlines flight 0060, arriving at approximately 9.30am on February 29.
Despite having mild flu symptoms, the doctor went to work this week and saw about 70 patients over five days, including two at a nursing home in Malvern.
Health Minister Jenny Mikakos said those patients had been contacted by text message on Saturday morning and urged to self-isolate for 14 days in case they also develop symptoms.
Ms Mikakos said she was shocked by the doctor’s decision to go to work.
“I have to say I am flabbergasted that a doctor that has flu-like symptoms has presented to work,” she told reporters on Saturday.

download.jpg

stovo82

Diamond Member
A computer has predicted between 100 million to 1 billion people will die from the Corona Virus.
Nothing can be done now and we just have to wait and see how it unfolds.
Governments have not acted quickly enough and it takes years to develop vaccines.
The Spanish Flu 1918 to 1919 killed between 50 to 100 million people around the globe.
The Spanish Flu killed more than the two world wars combined.
Corona Viris = Spanish Flu 2.0!

stovo82

Diamond Member
With mutations and different strains of the disease, Corona Virus potentially can kill up to a billion people world wide.
Corona Virus in air, water supply, food, etc.
Preventive measures like no kissing, no hand shakes, wash hands multiple times per day may help an individual avoid catching Corona Virus.
The more aggressive strains of Corona Virus will kill more people, Corona Virus has only just started.
Black Death killed 25 million people.
1918 Spanish Flu killed between 50 to 100 million people and started in the same year the First World War ended.
Only 17 million people were killed in World War One, less than both Black Death and Spanish Flu.

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
I think it should be taken seriously but we need to stop the conspiracy theories. This is the first big one where the world health organizations have come together, and I think we have an overreaction by the people themselves. I think it is great to have the governments working together to find sensible solutions to slow the spread of this virus.
The death rate is relatively low compared to other viruses and people with other ailments are more likely to succumb than fit and healthy people, so hopefully, all our fitness levels will improve...I think it is more beneficial to work on your personal fitness than to stock up on toilet paper when your hand soap and water can achieve the same result...what did we use 100 years ago?

stovo82

Diamond Member
Trump is using Corona Virus as a political football, victim blaming and mocking the people on the cruise ships. Attempted to blame Obama for the lack of corona virus test kits, attacking the Democrats and calling the media coverage as fake news. Trump is so credible, reliable and honourable in his role as President!
Link not working so taken down

Last edited by a moderator:

Flatboroque

Thick Thighs Saves Lives.
Diamond Member
87668969_3111861615499193_3059626468494540800_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Cornavirus has been a topic of conversation tonight, online and in house

Wondering what everyone thinks is going to happen next?
Next week? Next month? By the end of the year.......?
:vomit:

My tip is Wall Street will recover , we all will be back in jobs, the world economy will escape recession, Pay rises will finally happen, and Trump will be POTUS for another 4 years..... with no one ever being able to point a finger at anyone over the correction we are seeing at the moment.

Fucking
Other
Men
On the
Side

YOU see this is why you only eat Beef/Chicken/Lamb/Pork and Fish!.....

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
I think it should be taken seriously but we need to stop the conspiracy theories. This is the first big one where the world health organizations have come together, and I think we have an overreaction by the people themselves. I think it is great to have the governments working together to find sensible solutions to slow the spread of this virus.
The death rate is relatively low compared to other viruses and people with other ailments are more likely to succumb than fit and healthy people, so hopefully, all our fitness levels will improve...I think it is more beneficial to work on your personal fitness than to stock up on toilet paper when your hand soap and water can achieve the same result...what did we use 100 years ago?
Yes as aparently fit people dont catch it as its a airborne lung virus andDoes anyone know if anyone who has caught corona virus ever recovered???