• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

What is your favourite thing about Australia?

Happy2

Legend Member
You for real? surely not........... if you want me to shut up, put up a credible argument about what this nation does better than any other? and please dont mention 1.Sport. 2. Weather....... Because those dont put food on my plate.....
We have the best farmers in the world
We have pisspoor soil low rainfall Not subsidised to the hilt like the land of free enterprise (Never quite got how that works ) or Europe But still we produce enough to feed us and much of the world
And bring in some valuable export dollars

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
We have the best farmers in the world
We have pisspoor soil low rainfall Not subsidised to the hilt like the land of free enterprise (Never quite got how that works ) or Europe But still we produce enough to feed us and much of the world
And bring in some valuable export dollars

I agree with you.

Phoebe

Legend Member
That's disturbing

If some one puts up a topic and I know its truth and fact I will agree with them, its pointless disagreeing there happy2 when you are just that a farmer and know what you said is the truth and even me a city boy does too..

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Free range chicken, free range eggs,
Fresh air, clear blue skies...maybe not today

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
How about its politicians? a 45 degree day and you need to do a lot of things out in the heat.... Paying 2-3 times more for things than any nation does, having the worlds slowest internet speeds in the English speaking world, waiting forever for a parcel to come from the other side of the country, but one arrives in speedy time from overseas, Trying to Find Made in Australia, loosing jobs left right and center due to costs, having no leadership anywhere at all 3 levels of government..... All you mentioned was geographical features every nation has those.....
WOW Phoebe
I actually thought this was a post about what we LOVE about Australia. I know there are many for and against but this was just a few of the things I love.
I think I will start a new thread about what we don't Like about Australia LOL

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
WOW Phoebe

I think I will start a new thread about what we don't Like about Australia LOL
no dont do that or Feebz will def hi-jaqu it
actually sounds like Feebz's rolling round the dirt n got double gees in his knickers

Ginger Spice

Here Comes Trouble
Legend Member
Definitely the freedom of speech, I think compared to some other countries we are pretty laid back :)

Yoshi Langtrees

Gold Member
i love Koala Bear its the best for me ;);)
Tree_Kangaroo_8.5.2012_hero_and_circle_HI_37017.jpg

Morgan Sapphire

Diamond Member
I love that out of 24 million aussies we have Happy2 and Morgan Sapphire... :)... and :

1. The straightest road without a bend
2. The longest straight railway on the planet
3. Happy2
4. Morgan Sapphire
5. Decent weather when its under 30
6 Perth beaches in summer during a work day are empty
7. Aussie Seafood is awesome especially WA lobsters
8 Melbourne coffee
9 Seeing collingwood loose
10 watching premier league games at night :)

I luuuv to see Collingwood lose , especially since I'm a Carlton supporter. Hate to admit it lately. One day they might play some decent footy.

Phoebe

Legend Member
I luuuv to see Collingwood lose , especially since I'm a Carlton supporter. Hate to admit it lately. One day they might play some decent footy.

I lived right over the road form Carlton FC years back, I still have nightmares.... LOL

Morgan Sapphire

Diamond Member
You for real? surely not........... if you want me to shut up, put up a credible argument about what this nation does better than any other? and please dont mention 1.Sport. 2. Weather....... Because those dont put food on my plate.....

I think both you and Andyrew are a little correct with your comments, or freedom of speech, as you put it. But with regards to sensitive topics such as race, sex, and religion, most of society in this country choose discretion when it comes to discussing these topics, if at all. I do believe this plays a big part in keeping the peace .

Phoebe

Legend Member
I think both you and Andyrew are a little correct with your comments, or freedom of speech, as you put it. But with regards to sensitive topics such as race, sex, and religion, most of society in this country choose discretion when it comes to discussing these topics, if at all. I do believe this plays a big part in keeping the peace .

I was reading that and got up to sex and thought is that a statement or is Morgan asking me a question ? ;)

Happy2

Legend Member
They say the breeze gets a bit strong up here Jasmine but I refute that
Does this beautiful tree from the Greenough flats look like it's been grown in a windy region
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
You gotta love the freeways.

163676-197b0c4e-7b6f-11e3-897f-d21e3ddd1df9.jpg

And the so called speed cameras that are supposed to safe lives with statistics to prove, yet initiatives to improve safety have been slow cumming.

Besides these, you gotta love these...Bunker Bay

BM_SWA011.jpg

Moore River, where the river meets the ocean. It sure beats Swanbourne...lol...
Guilderton.jpg

Phoebe

Legend Member
You gotta love the Eastern Freeway..... and to think those progressive vics stopped the extension,... they must love that ... and Punt Rd that crosses it.. from that point to swan street once it took me nearly 2 hours.... ... FFS a person could fly to sydney and be getting head at a local parlor in that time.. ;)