What is your favourite thing about Australia?

Morgan Sapphire

Diamond Member
I've just read a post about someone who had to leave Australia because she couldn't raise the $10,000 needed to renew her student visa. Very sad indeed. This makes me realise when I hear stories like this over and over, just how lucky we all are to live in this amazing country.
I like a lot of things about Australia including freedom of speech, great weather, beautiful scenery and a fantastic multicultural society.
What do you love about Australia?

Last edited:

Happy2

Legend Member
The Bush But not the galahs and especially not those damnable corellas

But sometimes I don't really appreciate my own country until I've been abroad Once back on my little-ish piece of Oz I realise how lucky I am

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I love that out of 24 million aussies we have Happy2 and Morgan Sapphire... :)... and :

1. The straightest road without a bend
2. The longest straight railway on the planet
3. Happy2
4. Morgan Sapphire
5. Decent weather when its under 30
6 Perth beaches in summer during a work day are empty
7. Aussie Seafood is awesome especially WA lobsters
8 Melbourne coffee
9 Seeing collingwood loose
10 watching premier league games at night :)

Happy2

Legend Member
I love that out of 24 million aussies we have Happy2 and Morgan Sapphire... :)... and :

3. Happy2
4. Morgan Sapphire
8 Melbourne coffee
9 Seeing collingwood loose

I love that out of 24 million aussies we have XXXXXX and Morgan Sapphire... :)... and :
3. XXXXXX
4. Morgan Sapphire
8 Melbourne coffee
9 Seeing XXXXXXXXXXX XXXX

Just amended a few errors Phoebe Dont worry no charge

Phoebe

Legend Member
I love that out of 24 million aussies we have XXXXXX and Morgan Sapphire... :)... and :
3. XXXXXX
4. Morgan Sapphire
8 Melbourne coffee
9 Seeing XXXXXXXXXXX XXXX

Just amended a few errors Phoebe Dont worry no charge

11.. And Farmers.... :)

MarcusTheDriver

Bronze Member
The diversity. Travelling around Australia you experience so many different landscapes and cultures. And I love the animal life aswell, especially the bird life. Actually I love everything about Australia and I've only been here 4 months so far, so are excited about whats coming :)

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
All those beeps. Your post sounds like it might be malfunctioning, bepp.

Happy2

Legend Member
Beep beep beep beep beep
That's beep reversing and us mere mortals getting in his bloody way

Phoebe

Legend Member
?????

But the Queens birthday is April 21 no holiday Then
And Molly Meldrums birthday is Jan 29 No holiday Then either

Ewe know what I mean..... I need to come to your funny farm with my cattle prod........ you need some shock treatments,,,,,

Phoebe

Legend Member
Hey I wear it tastefully...... I wear nice tasteful undies.......

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
I LOVE OUR SUNBURNT COUNTRY,SWEEPING PLAINS, RAGGED MOUNTAIN RANGES OUR DROUGHTS AND FLOODING RAINS OUR FAR HORIZONS AND DEEP JEWELL SEAS.
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT AUSTRALIA!!!:)

Phoebe

Legend Member
I LOVE OUR SUNBURNT COUNTRY,SWEEPING PLAINS, RAGGED MOUNTAIN RANGES OUR DROUGHTS AND FLOODING RAINS OUR FAR HORIZONS AND DEEP JEWELL SEAS.
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT AUSTRALIA!!!:)

How about its politicians? a 45 degree day and you need to do a lot of things out in the heat.... Paying 2-3 times more for things than any nation does, having the worlds slowest internet speeds in the English speaking world, waiting forever for a parcel to come from the other side of the country, but one arrives in speedy time from overseas, Trying to Find Made in Australia, loosing jobs left right and center due to costs, having no leadership anywhere at all 3 levels of government..... All you mentioned was geographical features every nation has those.....

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
And yet, despite everything you've whinged about, it's still a better place to live in than most other countries.

frank mueller

Silver Member
How about its politicians? a 45 degree day and you need to do a lot of things out in the heat.... Paying 2-3 times more for things than any nation does, having the worlds slowest internet speeds in the English speaking world, waiting forever for a parcel to come from the other side of the country, but one arrives in speedy time from overseas, Trying to Find Made in Australia, loosing jobs left right and center due to costs, having no leadership anywhere at all 3 levels of government..... All you mentioned was geographical features every nation has those.....
Are you always this gloomy Phoebe? Firstly, we have the politicians we deserve: who puts them where they are if not us? If you don't vote it's even worse then you're guilty of handing a blank cheque to every Tom, Dick or Harry who wants to have a crack at politics. You regret the lack of leadership? then get involved in matters concerning your neighbourhood, run for council elections, become a politician who will be ethical and interested in people's issues.
We have high prices because we have a high standard of living. Our internet is slow but hey it's not the end of the world. Jobs are being lost, even mine is under a cloud, but Oz is not the only one concerned, try Europe for instance. There are always "issues" and something to complain about but I find my glass is half full rather than half empty. Have a good day!

Phoebe

Legend Member
Are you always this gloomy Phoebe? Firstly, we have the politicians we deserve: who puts them where they are if not us? If you don't vote it's even worse then you're guilty of handing a blank cheque to every Tom, Dick or Harry who wants to have a crack at politics. You regret the lack of leadership? then get involved in matters concerning your neighbourhood, run for council elections, become a politician who will be ethical and interested in people's issues.
We have high prices because we have a high standard of living. Our internet is slow but hey it's not the end of the world. Jobs are being lost, even mine is under a cloud, but Oz is not the only one concerned, try Europe for instance. There are always "issues" and something to complain about but I find my glass is half full rather than half empty. Have a good day!

I am not gloomy.......... you do know a half full glass started off empty then ends how?

AndyRew00

Hercules
Diamond Member
The best thing about this country is that we have the ability to voice our opinions amongst one another without fear of being imprisoned, beheaded, stoned, or flogged, we believe in free speech and equal opportunity for everyone that lives within. Ive been in three wars over the last 17 yrs sent to the shittiest places on earth the shit holes of the world and lived amongst my fellow human beings, who don't understand the freedoms we have, the right to agree or disapprove on any subject voiced in our community at any particular time. What comes with the good is also the bad. We might not have the best landscapes, history and heritage in the world, but what I do know is that the way we live is so cherished by others around the world they are prepared to die just to live here, Ive seen the evil that men do to one another and the places they fight for, there is no other place in the world I would rather be other then right here. Free to voice my thoughts amongst others who are welcome to voice theirs just as I. We continually tell foreigners that if you don't like it here then leave and go back to your own country, surly as Australians we must however bad it may seem at the time love our own country because we cant go anywhere else, now everyone has to kiss each other and ass tap me on the way passed........

Phoebe

Legend Member
Cant leave hmmmm alot of aussies have euro passports so can pick one of many EU nations to live in... so thats kind of a not right.

Free voice you say... Ok walk down James street tonight saying you hate Aboriginals, or say that anywhere, or you hate Islam or maybe you just hate women.. all free voice statements.. and see how far you get... so not right

You may of been in 3 wars and I thank you for that, hats off you to for putting your life on the line, 10/10 respect for you, but when you come home your weapon you use stays on base with you, but the people whom you were fighting are allowed to own an AK47 at home and ammo without being locked up to defend there family, and that war politically will have to come to an end over some trade/oil deal somewhere, as its growing by the decade ISIS or ISIL are not going away, they will just keep on poping up all over the shop..

The aussie way of life is under threat actually its that way of life that has got us into this kind of mess, debt and deficits and record amounts of house debt too, dont think just cause we have minerals china wants the rain clouds will stay away, Canada and Brazil both mineral rich are both in recession and we are not immune so who knows what will be for the perfect nation of oz.... but after telling europe to get its house in order some time ago, Aussie land may have to eat some humble pie and egg on face...:)

However I thank you once again for pulling a uniform on and fighting over there, thank you!

AndyRew00

Hercules
Diamond Member
Cant leave hmmmm alot of aussies have euro passports so can pick one of many EU nations to live in... so thats kind of a not right.

Free voice you say... Ok walk down James street tonight saying you hate Aboriginals, or say that anywhere, or you hate Islam or maybe you just hate women.. all free voice statements.. and see how far you get... so not right

You may of been in 3 wars and I thank you for that, hats off you to for putting your life on the line, 10/10 respect for you, but when you come home your weapon you use stays on base with you, but the people whom you were fighting are allowed to own an AK47 at home and ammo without being locked up to defend there family, and that war politically will have to come to an end over some trade/oil deal somewhere, as its growing by the decade ISIS or ISIL are not going away, they will just keep on poping up all over the shop..

The aussie way of life is under threat actually its that way of life that has got us into this kind of mess, debt and deficits and record amounts of house debt too, dont think just cause we have minerals china wants the rain clouds will stay away, Canada and Brazil both mineral rich are both in recession and we are not immune so who knows what will be for the perfect nation of oz.... but after telling europe to get its house in order some time ago, Aussie land may have to eat some humble pie and egg on face...:)

However I thank you once again for pulling a uniform on and fighting over there, thank you!
you just dont get it do you, even now you have missed the point of what I was saying. Ive seen all your posts and the one thing in common is your negativity in everything go have a look, do you have one of those passports mentioned? Christ I really hope you do.....

And by the way why quote me in my last post, who said it was directed at you, your mistaken your the last person I would direct my thoughts too...

Last edited:

Phoebe

Legend Member
You want to help me pack and drive me to Perth International Airport? ;) boot me out at high speed...

Hows it negative when its stating the obvious.... Australia is not utopia.... or has lisa wilkinson convinced you too....

I see.... why quote you, I thought you believed in free voice, I was practicing it, maybe off with my head, or string me up by crane at King and Hay street..... ...

Phoebe

Legend Member
Go look up the Dunning Kruger effect...

You for real? surely not........... if you want me to shut up, put up a credible argument about what this nation does better than any other? and please dont mention 1.Sport. 2. Weather....... Because those dont put food on my plate.....

Last edited: