Why no one really dates anymore..............

T

Tania Admin

I asked @Naughty Thoughts on a date. We went on quite a few dates and after 6 weeks he proposed. We still went on dates. 3 months later we were married. 8 years on and we still go on dates ❤

I think it really depends on the type of people both parties are and if you direct things along a dating path.

Plenty of my single friends started their relationships with going on dates. A lot that are single still, still do. Dating helps weed out the rubbish.

I think a lot of people jump into bed to quick and then think it's love but it's just a chemical attraction.

S

SilverSurfer44

Sometimes theres violent people round women. My friend has told me her son in law has had ideas to hurt me, knuckle dusters and rest, and friend has a night prowler.

Possible ex bikie boyfriend , Ive got better Things to do than get bashed up for being with a woman. She said she always hung round violent men her while life, what a joke.

Run

Osman

Gold Member
Sometimes theres violent people round women. My friend has told me her son in law has had ideas to hurt me, knuckle dusters and rest, and friend has a night prowler.

Possible ex bikie boyfriend , Ive got better Things to do than get bashed up for being with a woman. She said she always hung round violent men her while life, what a joke.

Run

I worked with a girl like that, always preferred the rough diamond. Every guy she introduced me to was a candidate for Australia's Most Wanted. I never understood it, but it was her choice. She told me once that she was looking for some extra money, so I arranged work behind the bar at our sports club.

Needless to say a few of the guys were interested so they asked me about her. I told them they were welcome to try but I didn't like their chances. Not one of them got anywhere with her because they didn't ride a motorcycle, were covered with tatts, have several teeth missing, be genuinely lacking in intelligence, and have some kind of police record. I'll never understand what the attraction is, but there you go.

stovo82

Diamond Member
Low intelligent men with tattoos, criminal records and no future have violent aggressive personalities and are regarded as the bad boys/dead beat losers that women like to try to change. A clean cut guy with university qualification(s) and a professional job are often used as a Beta provider. Women do not value intelligence and prefer the dead beat loser/Bad boys.

S

SilverSurfer44

Sometimes better off paying than getting thrown off a cliff

The friend likes her night time intruder. Think s its her ex, great, not very comfortable knowing someone come by. Relationships aren't worth violence, overrated when it occurs. Low lifes best avoided. I've even been told I have weapon with my name on it !!! some peice of step son in law s upset and wants is jail mates involved too, never heard of such bullshit

Even threatened they'll come where I sleep at night to tear my head off

This is why dating does not work !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Osman

Gold Member
I don't really know about the concept of dating these days, people seem to meet on the Internet or in large groups of friends these days, so when they actually do get to go out together, they pretty much know what each other are like, you know what each other likes to do, so you have a good idea of where to go.

When I began dating, I was attending an all-boys school, and the girls I met were usually on the bus, or friends would set you up, where you would ask them out, but all you really knew was you liked how they looked, and where to go to pick her up for the first date. That's where Jerry Seinfeld's theory rings true. Right from the start it becomes a job interview. Spending all night trying to work out if you even like this person.

Then, as the male, you had to decide where to go, what to do, and hoped like hell it was something she wanted to do as well. It was hell. Also, being a student and not having a disposable income, you'd pretty much spend your entire cash reserve and all you got for it was a polite "no thanks" when you asked for a second date. It pretty much sucked. So you went back to the petrol station to make some more money on a Saturday morning and she prepared for her next date with some other bloke …. and you still had no idea what you did wrong, or may have done right.

Blind dates were even worse. As John Becker says, "There's a reason why they name the blind date after a debilitating disease". :)

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Low intelligent men with tattoos, criminal records and no future have violent aggressive personalities and are regarded as the bad boys/dead beat losers that women like to try to change. A clean cut guy with university qualification(s) and a professional job are often used as a Beta provider. Women do not value intelligence and prefer the dead beat loser/Bad boys.
I have always dated 'nice guys" and I will continue to do so. The "bad boy" does not appeal to all of us

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
I worked with a girl like that, always preferred the rough diamond. Every guy she introduced me to was a candidate for Australia's Most Wanted. I never understood it, but it was her choice. She told me once that she was looking for some extra money, so I arranged work behind the bar at our sports club.

Needless to say a few of the guys were interested so they asked me about her. I told them they were welcome to try but I didn't like their chances. Not one of them got anywhere with her because they didn't ride a motorcycle, were covered with tatts, have several teeth missing, be genuinely lacking in intelligence, and have some kind of police record. I'll never understand what the attraction is, but there you go.
Think I know that girl she doesn't like football or cricket players she says it's the way they talk they are all wankers where the exbikie type knows how to talk to people been to a brothel or to and are known to shower girls with jewery, gifts and fun things to do . she also knocks on my neighbours door then my door then runs Into one of the other neighbours houses and me and my neighbour are blaming each other for knocking on the door and running away funny game player she is.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Think I know that girl she doesn't like football or cricket players she says it's the way they talk they are all wankers where the exbikie type knows how to talk to people been to a brothel or to and are known to shower girls with jewery, gifts and fun things to do . she also knocks on my neighbours door then my door then runs Into one of the other neighbours houses and me and my neighbour are blaming each other for knocking on the door and running away funny game player she is.

Press one for English!

stovo82

Diamond Member
Typical bad boy has done time in jail for assault, dealing drugs, armed robbery, or break and enter but overall is a good bloke. A convicted felon with tattoos is regarded as a better dating option than an IT guy, accountant, engineer, lawyer or some other professional role with no criminal record. Women usually prefer guys that are exciting and challenging. Criminals and bikies are regarded as better dating options because they offer excitement and they can handle themselves in tough situations.

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
The optimal bad boy has done time in jail for assault, dealing drugs, armed robbery, or break and enter but overall is a good bloke. A convicted felon with tattoos is regarded as a better dating option than an IT guy, accountant, engineer, lawyer or some other professional role with no criminal record. Women usually prefer guys that are exciting and challenging. Criminals and bikies are regarded as better dating options because they offer excitement and they can handle themselves in tough situations.
Another reason there used lot of exmilitary who were recruited as bikies good with the ladies and can kick ass in tough situations now there mainly ex kick boxers who just dont take shit.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Another reason there used lot of exmilitary who were recruited as bikies good with the ladies and can kick ass in tough situations now there mainly ex kick boxers who just dont take shit.

And Ex-Cons too!

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Typical bad boy has done time in jail for assault, dealing drugs, armed robbery, or break and enter but overall is a good bloke. A convicted felon with tattoos is regarded as a better dating option than an IT guy, accountant, engineer, lawyer or some other professional role with no criminal record. Women usually prefer guys that are exciting and challenging. Criminals and bikies are regarded as better dating options because they offer excitement and they can handle themselves in tough situations.
What are you basing this on? Can I see the evidence/stats that back up your argument? I really think you are way off base here

T

Tania Admin

Funnily enough I was dating a police officer for quite a while. I had given him an ultimatum and he told me that I was absolutely beautiful (he used to call me his Elle McPherson) and awesome but he just was happy with us being Friends With Benefits. He said I needed to find myself a nerd, who would treat me like I was his whole world.

Ironically not long later I met Naughty Thoughts. Total IT Nerd (i wouldn't have him any other way). Initially he had no idea I existed. He made me blush just by him being in the room, my legs would go to jelly and I wouldn't be able to speak properly. Tania (the cleaner), Lucky, the other cleaning and reception staff and the girls all knew. I couldn't hide it.
Anyway those who know the story know we are very happily married now.

Mr Police Officer was devastated when he realised that it was over between him and I. To this day (we are still good friends) he say's he wishes I hadn't taken his advice and though he is happy I am happy he say's he always dreams I'll be back one day (won't ever happen though).

Osman

Gold Member
Funnily enough I was dating a police officer for quite a while. I had given him an ultimatum and he told me that I was absolutely beautiful (he used to call me his Elle McPherson) and awesome but he just was happy with us being Friends With Benefits. He said I needed to find myself a nerd, who would treat me like I was his whole world.

Ironically not long later I met Naughty Thoughts. Total IT Nerd (i wouldn't have him any other way). Initially he had no idea I existed. He made me blush just by him being in the room, my legs would go to jelly and I wouldn't be able to speak properly. Tania (the cleaner), Lucky, the other cleaning and reception staff and the girls all knew. I couldn't hide it.
Anyway those who know the story know we are very happily married now.

Mr Police Officer was devastated when he realised that it was over between him and I. To this day (we are still good friends) he say's he wishes I hadn't taken his advice and though he is happy I am happy he say's he always dreams I'll be back one day (won't ever happen though).

I've often wondered how it would be to have a woman feel about me in that way. Something I'll never know. Your police officer is a perceptive man, well done to him, and you.

I guess I've been around the block many times, seen many marriages and long term relationships hit the wall. I wish I had a dollar for every time I hear this from a woman, "The things I liked about him in the beginning are the same things I can't stand about him now". Somehow those "exciting" things became annoying.

Phoebe

Legend Member
I've often wondered how it would be to have a woman feel about me in that way. Something I'll never know. Your police officer is a perceptive man, well done to him, and you.

I guess I've been around the block many times, seen many marriages and long term relationships hit the wall. I wish I had a dollar for every time I hear this from a woman, "The things I liked about him in the beginning are the same things I can't stand about him now". Somehow those "exciting" things became annoying.

Every Woman I know that her marriage has ended never lived with the man she married, and everyone said if I lived with him before I married him I would of never married him ever... the ones that lived together marriage has lasted through tough times and well as good.

Osman

Gold Member
Every Woman I know that her marriage has ended never lived with the man she married, and everyone said if I lived with him before I married him I would of never married him ever... the ones that lived together marriage has lasted through tough times and well as good.

Agree 100%. Also, I've said to women over the years never marry a man who hasn't lived on his own for a while and learned responsibility. Marrying a man who has always lived with their parents and used to having everything done for them is a recipe for disaster.