Why no one really dates anymore..............

baal6007

Foundation Member
I love how the article pretty much blames "guys" for everything.. I thought we were supposed to be in the grand age of equality now. Surely women are as able to improve the dating situation as men are.

I'm a bit more old fashioned with these things I guess.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
I have never been asked out on a date by a lady, not even by the ex-wife. Not once. Maybe I got the question out before they might have? Regardless, now I am over 50, that opportunity window is more than likely well shut.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
What's wrong with asking your steady partner out on a date?
How about asking a platonic friend out to dinner?
Or a favourite WL?

I've done all three.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Have you noticed that no one really goes on dates anymore? When was the last time you really went on a proper date?

Why go out on a date to sit in a fancy restaurant while you both check your own many Social Media accounts, and post your meals to your 10,000 Facebook friends to make them feel jealous that you are at Nobu with your date which you know they really don't care where you are eating and who with, all they know is you are going to be hit with a $400 bill for a meal you could of cooked at home for $40.... So sad..

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
Why go out on a date to sit in a fancy restaurant while you both check your own many Social Media accounts, and post your meals to your 10,000 Facebook friends to make them feel jealous that you are at Nobu with your date which you know they really don't care where you are eating and who with, all they know is you are going to be hit with a $400 bill for a meal you could of cooked at home for $40.... So sad..
Perhaps if the ladies ask you over for dinner some people might think it's a lnvitation for sex.
Reminds me when a primary school teacher invited me to her house for dinner we had sandwiches with 100 & 1000s on them chocolate crackles potato chips jelly bean ice cream deserts washed down with raspberry creaming soda well her kind thoughts were there.

Osman

Gold Member
"Guys have become super lazy about how much effort they put into a date. They’ll rock up to dates looking like they haven’t shaved or showered in days. Gross. It’s like they want to do as little as possible while still getting female attention. This is probably why it makes more sense for them just to hook up, instead of taking a date to a fancy restaurant."

I think this has an element of truth about it, although women are partly to blame for this. Back in the 1970s when I began dating, a guy had to do all the right things, well groomed, polite, considerate, on time, etc, just to have a chance of a second date, let alone sex. If you turned up to a date the way guys dress these days, you'd be told to piss off. These days a guy could turn up straight from the garage, holes in his shirt, unwashed, unshaven, behave like a jerk all night and he'd still get sex. Women have allowed men to drop their standards.

Phoebe

Legend Member
“Let's face it: a date is a job-interview, that lasts all night. The only difference between a date and a job interview is: not many job-interviews is there a chance you'll end up naked at the end of it. ”

― Jerry Seinfeld

If the interview is at Langtress YOU will end up like that so hey Jerry WRONG..

Osman

Gold Member
I believe dating is a 2 way street. Women should ask guys out too!

Amen to that. The worst part is when a guy asks a woman on a date and they behave as if it's some kind of insult that you asked them. It's not nice ladies, a simple "Thank you but no" would suffice.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Amen to that. The worst part is when a guy asks a woman on a date and they behave as if it's some kind of insult that you asked them. It's not nice ladies, a simple "Thank you but no" would suffice.

Why did Donald J Trump go to Eastern Europe to find a wife?

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
"Guys have become super lazy about how much effort they put into a date. They’ll rock up to dates looking like they haven’t shaved or showered in days. Gross. It’s like they want to do as little as possible while still getting female attention. This is probably why it makes more sense for them just to hook up, instead of taking a date to a fancy restaurant."

I think this has an element of truth about it, although women are partly to blame for this. Back in the 1970s when I began dating, a guy had to do all the right things, well groomed, polite, considerate, on time, etc, just to have a chance of a second date, let alone sex. If you turned up to a date the way guys dress these days, you'd be told to piss off. These days a guy could turn up straight from the garage, holes in his shirt, unwashed, unshaven, behave like a jerk all night and he'd still get sex. Women have allowed men to drop their standards.

Not all of us are like that. There are still guys who put some effort into presenting themselves even when they've known the lady for years.

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member
Hi Penny,
I am the shy & reserved type as well.
I was wondering if you would be interested in coming to Hungry Jacks with me to cash in my
Buy one Whopper get one for free voucher? (My shout) ☺
will let you know chow

Osman

Gold Member
Not all of us are like that. There are still guys who put some effort into presenting themselves even when they've known the lady for years.

Yes, it's a generalisation, like most cases, but seriously, how often have you seen an attractive woman who has obviously gone though a lot of trouble to make herself look nice and she's with some guy who looks as though he's gone through three rounds in the lion's cage at the zoo?

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Yes, it's a generalisation, like most cases, but seriously, how often have you seen an attractive woman who has obviously gone though a lot of trouble to make herself look nice and she's with some guy who looks as though he's gone through three rounds in the lion's cage at the zoo?

Too true. See that all the time. You start to wonder who has the lower standards because clearly, they both do.