Up or down? Kate Changed Viewing to show newest post first we need your feedback

LongHair

Legend Member
Now we are talkin about sex again, I have been getting horny again now that I have shed 16 kilo. It is still infrequent but I think 2022 is to try again. After nearly a 10 break I am going to have a another go sometime later this year if I find someone interesting. LOL
Firstly congrats on losing the weight, great effort, as for the Sex, Just like riding a bike so I am told 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:

TantraShiva

Legend Member
What we need is the notification of a new post to take us to the earliest post, not the latest. Then we just scroll up to the top where the post button is. At the moment we are scrolling three times in the thread. Down to earliest new post to read in order, then scroll up to the latest new post. Then scroll down again to reply.

Before the change it was two scrolls, scroll up to earliest new post then scroll down to read in order and post.

D

Deleted member 49173

What we need is the notification of a new post to take us to the earliest post, not the latest. Then we just scroll up to the top where the post button is. At the moment we are scrolling three times in the thread. Down to earliest new post to read in order, then scroll up to the latest new post. Then scroll down again to reply.

Before the change it was two scrolls, scroll up to earliest new post then scroll down to read in order and post.
Do you rate cinnamon scrolls ?? No, I don't..

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
That's passed - now a decision won't be made until Monday by MAK (posted on another thread).
Kate is on Birthday weekend off she will contact me when we have news I am teating this over the weekend as finding it much easier after the first visit takes you to where you

Cs009

Silver Member
It is far easier to use the default (old) way. Annoying to have to scroll to the bottom of every page to starting reading. It might be a different story if it snapped to the bottom every time you loaded a page.

JimmyJamz

Diamond Member
It makes no sense to read all the way down a long post, just to scroll up to the responses posted after it.

Incredibly counter intuitive, and definitely not user friendly.

If you want it so that the roster post is at the top of the thread, create the action for a pinned posted within the thread?

If it is never changing back, or we aren't given the ability to select our preferred default viewing, I'll definitely be regretfully moving on from the forum

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
It makes no sense to read all the way down a long post, just to scroll up to the responses posted after it.

Incredibly counter intuitive, and definitely not user friendly.

If you want it so that the roster post is at the top of the thread, create the action for a pinned posted within the thread?

If it is never changing back, or we aren't given the ability to select our preferred default viewing, I'll definitely be regretfully moving on from the forum
I use the forum on a desk top and it shows me where I left off if I reply or hit the like button. I scrollup to see later posts and only have to scroll down if not replying to a thread via reply button. Is it different on a mobile phone you guys will have to let me know as loving it personally.

JimmyJamz

Diamond Member
I use the forum on a desk top and it shows me where I left off if I reply or hit the like button. I scrollup to see later posts and only have to scroll down if not replying to a thread via reply button. Is it different on a mobile phone you guys will have to let me know as loving it personally.

Even viewing on the PC this upside s rolling is annoying (unless I'm on the longer portraits screen) long posts mean scrolling down to read the whole post, and then scrolling up to see what was posted after/in response to

Definitely odd UI characteristics

lỗ đít

Excuse me young lady may I kiss your cute bum
Gold Member
On a mobile one must go down to up and then go down to view next page.... then repeat down up down to select next or previous page. Yes it returns you to the last viewed post if you had previously l👀ked butt, if it's the first time opening an 8 page thread.... terrible.

StevieG

Diamond Member
Mrs Langtrees, there seems to be a setting in Xenforo that would allow the original post in each thread to be repeated at the top of every page.

Use this for the roster postings (advertisers edit it daily/weekly/whatever) and then you have achieved your goal of maximising views for the advertisers, while the rest of the members can still read threads in logical order.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Mrs Langtrees, there seems to be a setting in Xenforo that would allow the original post in each thread to be repeated at the top of every page.

Use this for the roster postings (advertisers edit it daily/weekly/whatever) and then you have achieved your goal of maximising views for the advertisers, while the rest of the members can still read threads in logical order.
Sounds a great solution Kate is back on Monday so Ill @Kate VIP Perth so she sees this

StevieG

Diamond Member
This format only places the original post at top. Fruit salad is still dished up for the replies etc...
The intent would be the OP is at the top of each page, and the rest of the posts are in the normal oldest-to-newest order.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member

Sticky aqre dangerous as everyone forgetsd to take down babe and they maean more scolling to get to new stuff.

Anon1

Silver Member
Another problem with ordering by new first on busy threads is that you can miss posts when trying to catch up.

If someone adds a new post while you're reading page 2, it'll insert it at the top of page 1. That will push the bottom post from page 1 over to page 2, and we'll miss it entirely unless we happen to read page 2 (again...).