Up or down? Kate Changed Viewing to show newest post first we need your feedback

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Guys give us another day the problem is if we dont have newest to oldest we have to delete all old posts & threads this sort was an add on and old members will remeber when we had V bulleting this is how we would view. It is the only way we can keep old content so let Kate source the add on that will give you option to make a post from the top, If it is not available we will change back

StevieG

Diamond Member
Guys give us another day the problem is if we dont have newest to oldest we have to delete all old posts & threads this sort was an add on and old members will remeber when we had V bulleting this is how we would view. It is the only way we can keep old content so let Kate source the add on that will give you option to make a post from the top, If it is not available we will change back
I don't understand why you need to delete all the old posts? The whole point of forum software is that old content is retained in the same thread for easy reference

sircurious

Legend Member
24 hours guys is all I ask
If this new system does stay - then when your office staff post the Langtrees roster can they post it in reverse, so that the girls who are on shift first appear at the top of the post like they did before these changes were made. Now these girls appear at the bottom of the thread.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
It's customizable, so do as you wish; I'm happy with the change to default here
are you saying members can customise that is awesome @Kate VIP Perth we did not know that what we are trying to achieve is a cleaner system with current info at the top over next few months we will be closing off a lots of threads I did in Perth Private girls as its a two person job moderating and going to India to teach two operators how to work on this every day so once clean it stays clean.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
You can change your view in your membership button Joe Ozzie tells us can you expalin how plz Joe, PS you just made the 100 club babe xxx

StevieG

Diamond Member
main reason I want the change as then todays roster is first for the advertisers . Its my job to get the advertisers as many page views as I can.
Agree that Roster threads would be the one important circumstance when latest post should be at the top. Can it be limited to those threads only?
All other review/intel/discussion threads are way more difficult to read in reverse order

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I checked my prefernces and can t see how to edit to view which way a person likes so need more help. I did learn thet lots things have been added like viewing stats and more

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 7

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Agree that Roster threads would be the one important circumstance when latest post should be at the top. Can it be limited to those threads only?
All other review/intel/discussion threads are way more difficult to read in reverse order
Trying babe give us 48 hours and we will have all the info @Joe Ozzie IS SUGGESTING MEMBERS CAN DEFAULT IT BUT i THINK HE MEANS TO THE OLD RED GOLD VERSION WHICH MANY MEMBERS STILL USE.

D

Deleted member 49173

Overall , IMO , this is exactly the kind of event that wiped my ancestral dinosaur bloodline off the face of earth last time .. ;)

Sed

Bronze Member
main reason I want the change as then todays roster is first for the advertisers . Its my job to get the advertisers as many page views as I can.
Having these posts ordered backwards is really confusing.

Is it possible to instead give advertisers the ability to edit their posts indefinitely?
That way they can keep the first post of the thread up-to-date (assuming they started the thread) without breaking our brains too much.

Reactions: JLX

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
This is how you do it @Mrs Langtrees . You can set it to only the rosters thread.
Babe that dosent work as have to set the whole thread to this default & be more confusing working both ways one way for this forum and one way for that forum. I hate change like any one else but this format is how we used to use V bulleting forum for first 10 years.
Once we have info back from xenforo I will base my decision on whats best for all the members the new ones in the future and the old ones that have kept the forum alive.
I would be curious if someone sets there default to old Red-Gold theme to know if it resets that order back to how you like, its the same forum just a different colour scheme and I know many older members still use this.

LongHair

Legend Member
Babe that dosent work as have to set the whole thread to this default & be more confusing working both ways one way for this forum and one way for that forum. I hate change like any one else but this format is how we used to use V bulleting forum for first 10 years.
Once we have info back from xenforo I will base my decision on whats best for all the members the new ones in the future and the old ones that have kept the forum alive.
I would be curious if someone sets there default to old Red-Gold theme to know if it resets that order back to how you like, its the same forum just a different colour scheme and I know many older members still use this.
I tried the old Red Gold theme this morning and no, the order still display as it does now, well it did for me at least on a desk top computer

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I tried the old Red Gold theme this morning and no, the order still display as it does now, well it did for me at least on a desk top computer
thanks I thought it would but I was hoping I will start a poll tomorrow and be guided by majority rule

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Having it changed is super confusing and makes threads really hard to follow - people are often responding to other posts and they make no sense reading them in first-to-last order. Definitely dislike this change. Please give us the option to change it back for our accounts.
I am waiting for replys from xenforo head office babe they usually reply within 48 hours and 24 have nearly gone.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
If this is all so that advertisers can have their roster at the top why not change things so they have a pinned roster post at the top that they edit each day?
That is the first reason but I have had many new members that get lost with the old system I did lots research with how most forums publish threads and it is this way we did also for 10 years when we had v bulletin, when we changed to xenfor we had this same problem as they did not have any other option. I know its a pain guys but bear with me for a few days plz I personally hated it yesterday love it today as post from quote which is what we are meant to do

D

Deleted member 49173

thanks I thought it would but I was hoping I will start a poll tomorrow and be guided by majority rule
you're a legendary marvel MAK .. you can tell that although we're too old to get it up 3 times a day we can still whinge likphuk when we're in pain 🤣🤣

keep on keeping on .. it's wonderful to be allowed to participate in such a progressive forum-place 👍👍

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
you're a legendary marvel MAK .. you can tell that although we're too old to get it up 3 times a day we can still whinge likphuk when we're in pain 🤣🤣

keep on keeping on .. it's wonderful to be allowed to participate in such a progressive forum-place 👍👍
Now we are talkin about sex again, I have been getting horny again now that I have shed 16 kilo. It is still infrequent but I think 2022 is to try again. After nearly a 10 break I am going to have a another go sometime later this year if I find someone interesting. LOL