• Leave it to the state government to decide

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
May be we should just round up the naysayers who are convinced its a beat up and invite them join the like minded in cluster central for a a couple of weeks. Perhaps in one of the aged care facilities, they might like to try their hand at bingo or take some Devonshire tea....

No PPE, no social distancing, no paramedics support, no ICU - let them all party and let nature take its course !!!! (all in the name of scientifically proving they're right that its all just a media beat-up it just a bit of a cold).

Society can't lose.

If they're right we have the proof to trust them and their wisdom, rather than the virologist and epidemiologists' advice we're currently relying on.

If they're wrong, perhaps if nature has its way, they will no longer have a voice or the presence to be able to spruik...
Keep the boarders closed for now just look what happened in New Zealand where the Victorian got off the ruby princess.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Hmm you do know where the bailout cash, the job seeker, keeper money etc is coming from don't you? Yep the taxpayers who still are in jobs, and when people finally get back to stacking shelves at bunnings, Taxes, both federal and state and state charges utilities will be going up substantially to pay for all of this, so those wanting to keep borders closed including the international ones, then please STFU when state and federal governments announce the cost of living is going to go through the roof, but it WILL not be Bunnings, Qantas, Twiggy Forest picking up the tab it will be the average joe and jane citizen of Australia.

But if you are a jockey or horse trainer and even Kerry Stokes these laws mean F all to you... Time for the people to push back after all these politicians work for ALL citizens don't they? no they work for corporates..

Why are we all in THIS together when its on the down, BUT as soon as things get BACK to GOOD it's just for the elites...

Last edited:

Numpty

Illegitimi non carborundum
Legend Member
Hmm you do know where the bailout cash, the job seeker, keeper money etc is coming from don't you? Yep the taxpayers who still are in jobs, and when people finally get back to stacking shelves at bunnings, Taxes, both federal and state and state charges utilities will be going up substantially to pay for all of this, so those wanting to keep borders closed including the international ones, then please STFU when state and federal governments announce the cost of living is going to go through the roof, but it WILL not be Bunnings, Qantas, Twiggy Forest picking up the tab it will be the average joe and jane citizen of Australia.

But if you are a jockey or horse trainer and even Kerry Stokes these laws mean F all to you... Time for the people to push back after all these politicians work for ALL citizens don't they? no they work for corporates..

Why are we all in THIS together when its on the down, BUT as soon as things get BACK to GOOD it's just for the elites...
The GST will be the first to climb IMHO.
Cash Will be king 👑 again methinks

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member

Jerry Ryan racehorse owner Jayco owner over 21 of his staff have covid 19 keep the borders closed.

Phoebe

Legend Member
All jobs are but some will fail.
Dystopian but it won’t be equal around the country

Walk from Perth City Councils head office, to the new Woodside building and count the amount of Cafes and Burger bars and how many meters apart they are. Really I can't see how they are all making enough coin to pay rent, wages, utilities, upkeep purchasing of equipment, then paying themselves a wage also... There is what real hard work does to a nation, and before you jump down my neck Australia and America started off around the same time in the late 1700's and with 0 people. But one went ahead.

1598784006421.png

John Smithl

Legend Member
Walk from Perth City Councils head office, to the new Woodside building and count the amount of Cafes and Burger bars and how many meters apart they are. Really I can't see how they are all making enough coin to pay rent, wages, utilities, upkeep purchasing of equipment, then paying themselves a wage also... There is what real hard work does to a nation, and before you jump down my neck Australia and America started off around the same time in the late 1700's and with 0 people. But one went ahead.

View attachment 105043
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Can it be put another way?

Phoebe

Legend Member
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Can it be put another way?

Ok.. Australia doesn't do anything special any more there is no inventive spirit anymore... Look at Bunnings all made in china. The She'll be right mate attitude has killed everything that Australia could be and can still be.

Numpty

Legend Member
We ac
Ok.. Australia doesn't do anything special any more there is no inventive spirit anymore... Look at Bunnings all made in china. The She'll be right mate attitude has killed everything that Australia could be and can still be.
we cant rely on selling our stuff to each other.

so we May have to actually have fabricate things 🙄

Duh.......not so hard, what it means is that the gov can’t support lazy f##kers doing nothing but may have to Encourage people to grasp actually earning a coin.

John Smithl

Legend Member
Economies of scale, labour laws, corporatisation, privatisation, "level playing fields", two party politics on a 4 year cycle, intellectual property theft, executive remuneration, reliance on exporting hole dirt, etc, etc. There needs to be a new way forward. What that is, I don't know.

The world economy is also based on ever-increasing population and therefore inherently unsustainable.

Numpty

Legend Member
Economies of scale, labour laws, corporatisation, privatisation, "level playing fields", two party politics on a 4 year cycle, intellectual property theft, executive remuneration, reliance on exporting hole dirt, etc, etc. There needs to be a new way forward. What that is, I don't know.

The world economy is also based on ever-increasing population and therefore inherently unsustainable.
Nice summary.

Phoebe

Legend Member

And Australia has never ever tried to compete on a global scale .. 1.7 trillion after 28 years of boom years , it was a crab walk .

Phoebe

Legend Member
Using dollars is just one part of the story

Don't worry:

CANBERRA (Reuters) - The Australian government’s plea for couples to have more children, with “one for mum, one for dad and one for the country,” has helped slow the aging of the nation’s population, Treasurer Peter Costello said on Monday.

The Kid everyone had for the country will pick up today's debt pile long after Costello is a rotting corpse.

Every state premier/ the PM and every politician has not lost one cent in wages.. BUT those that voted for them have and can't open their business to trade properly hmm and get fined doing so, that's called Communism/Fascism my friend something a few members of my family went to save us all from only 75 years ago.. They would be turning in there graves seeing this BS today! But RIP to them!

John Smithl

Legend Member
...can't open their business to trade properly hmm and get fined doing so...
If by "trade properly" you mean trade like they were pre-COVID, then it is unlikely to happen for a while - even post vaccine (which is being developed for the initial strain and not the mutations). I can only see that vaccines will be implemented, people will be continuously reinfected with ongoing mutations (like the recent Hong Kong guy) and COVID-19 becomes endemic; like flu strains and the cold, until a mutation appears that knocks the population around again.

The fines are to encourage self-responsibility that has been deemed by medical experts to promote public health and safety. Hardly comparable to Nazi, Mao or Soviet industrial scale massacres which sought to actively kill and dispose of people.

Financially, things are very, very tight as I can attest.

Ultimately, Covid presents people with:
1) how much is a human life actually worth?
2) to whom?
3) is death a cost of doing business (livelihood)?
4) how much do we need vs want?
5) where is our source of happiness?

Phoebe

Legend Member
Should stay closed untill the virus has come down in other places

Worst recession GDP dip in Australia since WW2.. I hope it keeps on getting deeper too, Time for Australia to grow up, but things will be dandy there as long as house prices don't take the potential 40% drop the RBA is talking about.

America / Russia / Germany and Japan have nothing to fear about Australia actually nor does anyone else in the region there, a country that being stripped of Car making, clothing manufacture, 85-90% of all food production is foreign owned, same as dairies, now cattle stations are going the same way, crocodile farms for ladies hand bags are becoming foreign owned, all that $$$ ending up somewhere else. but she'll be right, now loads of retailers are going out of business with getting there crap made in china, to survive is what we were told, not the high cost to do anything in Australia no that's not to blame , University numbers down, apprenticeship numbers down, all points to more imports which equates to lower wages. Maybe Australia can become something here but I fail to see where the growth can come from, Ore/mineral prices at record high maybe its time to thank China for buying it and Japan the same for the LNG, but no that won't happen, let's attack them instead.

I hope next 1/4 is even worse maybe time for Australia to grow a set and become a republic too perfect timing I say. AND let's look at the elephant in the room in Australia ALL retail, shopping malls, those tall buildings in the CBD which lay empty etc etc, even toll roads are ALL tied to Superannuation trusts working to profit for members growth for the members retirement which if they take a hit guess what? so does peoples account balances which means older people will be staying in the workforce longer, meaning the younger ones may not have jobs to come to. :)

Last edited:

dan60

Diamond Member
can i just say that the economy was pretty shit many years before covid.

keep the borders shut for now.
shut tony abbot up.
shut dickheads like sam newman up (jail him for incitement please)

Phoebe

Legend Member
can i just say that the economy was pretty shit many years before covid.

keep the borders shut for now.
shut tony abbot up.
shut dickheads like sam newman up (jail him for incitement please)

30,000 at the GABBA for A Night Grand Final.. while Aussie citizens face homelessness overseas trying to get home with negative test results and have to do 15 days in a hotel alone... double standards or what? whos lying to who?

I think the song Highway to Hell should no longer be about The Canning Highway!

dan60

Diamond Member
personally don't give a flying fcuk about AFL.
the airlines only taking 1st class passengers is a rip-off that needs to be sorted out though.
i don't care, if you want to come back to australia, you foot the bill for 14 days in quarantine. (buy 14 days, get one free night deal)
we can't allow the virus to get out like victoria.
VIC have 85% of all deaths with VIC & NSW together having 95% of all deaths.

Phoebe

Legend Member
personally don't give a flying fcuk about AFL.
the airlines only taking 1st class passengers is a rip-off that needs to be sorted out though.
i don't care, if you want to come back to australia, you foot the bill for 14 days in quarantine. (buy 14 days, get one free night deal)
we can't allow the virus to get out like victoria.
VIC have 85% of all deaths with VIC & NSW together having 95% of all deaths.

99.98% survival rate ....

Status
Not open for further replies.