• Leave it to the state government to decide

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numpty

Illegitimi non carborundum
Legend Member
May be we should just round up the naysayers who are convinced its a beat up and invite them join the like minded in cluster central for a a couple of weeks. Perhaps in one of the aged care facilities, they might like to try their hand at bingo or take some Devonshire tea....

No PPE, no social distancing, no paramedics support, no ICU - let them all party and let nature take its course !!!! (all in the name of scientifically proving they're right that its all just a media beat-up it just a bit of a cold).

Society can't lose.

If they're right we have the proof to trust them and their wisdom, rather than the virologist and epidemiologists' advice we're currently relying on.

If they're wrong, perhaps if nature has its way, they will no longer have a voice or the presence to be able to spruik...
That’ll work on every level. Big brother - coffin dodger special

TheRusBus

Bronze Member
Keep it all closed. Alot of my family is older than me and i would hate for someone i know to get the covid

dan60

Diamond Member
Clive palmer was in court today wanting WA to open borders. What a jerk
he has a face you could never tire of punching.
also last night, some woman on tv, advocating we should let the virus run through the country.
she said it probably 'only' cause 25,000 deaths, then we would be free to trade internationally and alleviate the financial burden of lockdown.
worked well for sweden.

Mukolo78

Silver Member
We can't stay closed forever, i would say open only to state which are coronavirus free and that are not open to high risk states (e.g. sa, nt and tasmania) atm

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Clive palmer was in court today wanting WA to open borders. What a jerk
Unfortunately there is this thing called the constitution which prevents shutting a state's borders to every other state.

As much as I would like the border to remain closed, it cannot remain like this. The hard border is unconstitutional and any Australian citizen can challenge that. Palmer of course has. He threatened QLD with the same challenge and that state opened their border selectively, closing it only to known hotspot areas. Under the constitution that is OK apparently.

McGowan is playing politics now which is a shame. Palmer still remains an efftard.

John Smithl

Legend Member
Unfortunately there is this thing called the constitution which prevents shutting a state's borders to every other state.

As much as I would like the border to remain closed, it cannot remain like this. The hard border is unconstitutional and any Australian citizen can challenge that. Palmer of course has. He threatened QLD with the same challenge and that state opened their border selectively, closing it only to known hotspot areas. Under the constitution that is OK apparently.

McGowan is playing politics now which is a shame. Palmer still remains an efftard.
Agree.

WA needs to selectively open starting with NT and SA, while maintaining rigour of requirements and further extending community testing. Have police, ADF and health dept responsible for quarantine supervision on the ground, not contractor security guards like Vic. Hope McGowan has learnt from that like he did from Ruby Princess.

All in all, he has done a great job so far...
Time to open up selectively. Stay closed to Vic, NSW and Qld until their community transmission is very low/zero. This then aligns with ScoMo elimination strategy.

To open to Qld and NSW and only be selective to their suburban hotspots (and maintain zero community transmission) would mean mandatory implementation of people tracking the equivalent of CCP in China. I'm not sure that Australians would want that level of authoritarianism.

T

Tania Admin

My opinion is keep All state borders closed until we have no active cases in Australia. This affects me personally. I won't get to meet my, soon to be born,grandson for a while but keeping the borders closed to protect people is 1st priority. At present we are doing okay in the NT but I'm a realist, we will see community spread soon now that our borders are opened.

S

SandgroperSleeping

he has a face you could never tire of punching.
also last night, some woman on tv, advocating we should let the virus run through the country.
she said it probably 'only' cause 25,000 deaths, then we would be free to trade internationally and alleviate the financial burden of lockdown.
worked well for sweden.
Its nice if your family aren't the dead ones.. Whats worth more.. Money or lives? We are still a rich country..
Clive still wont win. Yes he may get courts to say open borders but quarantine requirements and cost will show a waste of his time..
Keep boards closed.. Maybe time again to revisit Country Western Australia.. lol

dan60

Diamond Member
Its nice if your family aren't the dead ones.. Whats worth more.. Money or lives? We are still a rich country..
Clive still wont win. Yes he may get courts to say open borders but quarantine requirements and cost will show a waste of his time..
Keep boards closed.. Maybe time again to revisit Country Western Australia.. lol
i have the awful feeling that the high court will rule in favour of palmer, as they can only judge on what is written in the constitution and not on what is sensible for the health and well being of a state which has successfully eliminated the virus (hopefully).
however, having read the constitution section on 'freedom of Movement' briefly, there are clauses in there that i hope we can use to keep us safe.
if palmer is so confident it's safe to open borders, he should agree to a bullet for every death it causes.
health and safety>wealth, greed, politics & personal vendettas.
hang on, was that a pig i just saw flying past the window.

Dejengus

Bronze Member
Clive is a muppet. Imagine crying to the high court because you can't fill out paperwork properly

Jmc399170

Bronze Member
Not a fan of politics but I think the WA gov has passed with flying colours with how they are going about it.

Pumpkineater

Bronze Member
Its great to have our internal restrictions low enough to feel normal, would hate to go back to lockdown.

Ninja

Gold Member
My opinion is keep All state borders closed until we have no active cases in Australia. This affects me personally. I won't get to meet my, soon to be born,grandson for a while but keeping the borders closed to protect people is 1st priority. At present we are doing okay in the NT but I'm a realist, we will see community spread soon now that our borders are opened.
So are we staying closed forever then. They havent cured the common cold, aids, cancer, bird flu, ebola sars or most of these other diseases. We will end up like Nazi Germany having to show ya papers to go anywhere.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
So are we staying closed forever then. They havent cured the common cold, aids, cancer, bird flu, ebola sars or most of these other diseases. We will end up like Nazi Germany having to show ya papers to go anywhere.
Don't be ridiculous. Comparing this to Nazi Germany is disingenuous and over the top.

Itswillo

Silver Member
Stay closed, until the other states get it under control dont want to go back into lockdown

dan60

Diamond Member
bloody good idea.
lets have a WA passport:)

Status
Not open for further replies.