How to stop smoking !!

J

JaM

To smoke or Not to smoke!!!

Hey there guys n gals!!!

Hope you are all well... Currently Wildfire & myself have 'bit the bullet' and donned those dreaded 'patches' for the last week....

So far...Wildfire has hit DAY 10:angel1: (oh I'm so proud of him!) and I have hit DAY 5.... (I weakened last sat nite at a hens party)
We've been pretty edgy & irritated, I'd hate to think what we'd be like if we didn't use these patches. But we have given ourselves a FANTASTIC incentive to soldier on!

If we make it to next Monday 27th WHICH WE WILL... We are taking each other out for a special dinner...

Then ....

If we make it to Sat 8th April ...
WHICH WE WILL.......
***drum-roll-please*** ....
We will reward ourselves with the Grandest Prize of All .......

Our first night of partying at LP"S!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thum

HIP HIP HOORAY !!!!!!

Now is that incentive or what!!!:headbang:

So.... If anyone can give us any advice & encouragement to keep focused on our 'get-healthy campaign'

PLEASE .... go ahead... give us the facts, ur experiences, comments etc..... We will so very muchly appreciate it!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE :wav:
xoxoxoxox
Wildfire & Latina

M

Mary Anne PA

yes, make sure you have some orange juice to replace depleted vitamins..
also a glass of water with lemon juice after a meal can take away that after dinner want as well... refreshing the mouth and cleaning teeth after always eating can help

If you get a real urge, go stand in a corner facing the wall and think of nothing....

I used to stick pictures up on my fridge of yucky posters on yucky things that it did to your body......

also collect someone elses butts and put them in a jar of water and smell it every time you get an urge...

the other thing is to give up sex as if you go at it too hard you may just be SSSMOOOOKING!!!! lol

K

Kelly

Keep it up guys you'll be fine, if you can make it past 3 weeks (personal opinion) your laughing, & not only that think of how much more money your both going to have to spend on your toy collection ;)

J

JaM

LOL!!!! Give up sex...... Now I'd rather stay addicted to that one for life!!!! LOL

But thanks 4 that after dinner one... Its been one of those 'craving times' after a good meal!!!

xoxoxoxox
Latina

T

tigerhunt

Hmmm what could i do to help, oh here's an idea, If you can make it to the 8th of April you can have me. That should be a reward and a half itself lol.
cheers tigs

N

nophsp

Keep at it Wildfire & Latina

I gave up to 40 a day habit quite a few years ago now, and I still rate giving up as one of the better things I have done - with the worst as starting smoking.

Don't pretend it is easy, its not... But it is not impossible either. But once you go through a day and you realise you didn't have a craving for a ciggie, you know you have won and you feel great.

You can then become the ex-smoking anti-smoking crusader for a while, until you get over that and just feel a little sad for those are still hooked.

Best of luck, I know you can do it. Be seeing you at LP's.

J

JaM

Wow!!! thanks heaps guys... And ur right nophsp... it is hard!!! As Kelly mentioned, we have aleady saved a significant amount in just these 11 days!! MMmmmm what can we buy ourselves... always wanted one of those swing-setups to hang over our bed Rofl:) Oh & Tigs...ur a champ!! (giggle, giggle)

N

naughtybuttnice

Swinging! Woo Hoo!

Yup! Good onya guy's!...And as for those swings hanging over your bed...Yes! Yes! Yes!...Me Too!...There's one of them at LP's...Something I want to give a test run...;D

J

JaM

Cool nbnice... can you push me on it 1st... is that how it works.... ROFL!!!
:)

K

Kelly

OK since we on the subject of swings, make sure you buy the one that does the full 360 turn, not the cheap one that only goes half way round, trust me there is a HUGE difference between them ;)

T

tigerhunt

Gee wiz talk about two hotties push pulling, I'd like to see that. hehe
cheers tigs

N

naughtybuttnice

Let's Swing...hehe...

I will push you on the swing anyday Latina...Will just have to try all positions to see how it works...Would be fun...hehe...It will take your mind off smoking...haha

J

JaM

We are definately not giving up giving up now (did that make sense)........ Gotta get to the 8th April!!!!!! And beyond!! What great incentive we have.... :0!!

N

nophsp

mrs_horn and I could not work out how to use the swing in LPs.

It looks as tho' you need to be pretty athletic to get into it,

When we go there next, we need a demo :)

J

JaM

Progress Update....

Last weekend I thought we had a chance of failing because Wildfire had to attend my bro's 'Buck's Night' BUT NO! He stayed determined...& I picked him & other family members up... in very merry states this is when I would of thought he'd give in to at least one.... but no, he had not given in!!!!! What a champion!!! Yee Har!!! We are still on track!!!!! See you all soon!!!

xoxoxoxo

T

Tyler

Think of all the horrible things it does to your body and how much money you save by not buying them. Although consider people like myself who have had a parent/loved one go through cancer and pass away - andf how painful it is for all parties involved. The thing that made me quit was 1) the money 2) I didn'tr like coughing up phlegm every morning and 3) I wanted my tastebuds back!

Yopu can taste so much more beautiful subtle flavours when you are a non smoker. And yes - that means your own bodies will taste different also!

I also did something that sounds really silly but worked - I had all my friends and family call quitline and send quit packs out to me.

When you have cravings - eat chocolate, read, do something with your hand that requires skill (tying knots, knitting, cooking edtc), watch tv, go outside for a walk in the park and enjoy the beautiful fresh air!

N

nophsp

It might sound obvious, but make sure you have thrown out every single piece of smoking paraphanalia you have.

Besides old cigs, or tobacco. Include all ashtrays, pipes, rollers even that special lighter you were given on your first anniversary (you romantic devils :evil4: )

You have decided not to smoke again, why keep any of it?

Why make it easier to start smoking again.

And think how much easier you would find it in Scotland (should you ever visit). Today they have banned smoking in virtually all non private indoor places except (curiously) submarines, which is the last place I would have thought they would allow smoking.

T

tinfish

ash

good luck to you,if its any help heres my story,ive smoked for 30 yrs and i really enjoyed it,my parents both smoked but i made a promise to my self about 25 yrs ago,and it was this,if i ever started to cough like my mum and dad did it was time to quit,because they use to cough terrible,anyways a few months ago i started to cough a little,didnt think no more of it,untill it started to get worst,now everyone at work was starting to give up or cut back but none of them succeded so that gave me the strengh to go cold turkey,now heres a guy with nooooooooooo will power who did it,my wife still smokes my mates still smokes even in the cars etc we drive,and the funny thing is it dont bother me at all,so i suppose my message is if i can do it anyone can,its no good cutting back etc u gotta grab this bastard by the balls and hang it out to dry,trust me youll notice the diffrence in your health and wealth and diet,and my bonus is... i dont cought at all now and its only been 6 weeks,anyways good luck to you trying to kick the habit

M

Mary Anne PA

well done tinfish..
and..
keep going guys, your obviously doing well

C

cli-max

Sujestion

My business partner is doing so well at giving up smoking, that we're both really surprised.
She went to her doctor for accupuncture to help her, but he sujested laser treatment. She had about three 10 minute treatments a week for 3-4 weeks, then she was fine. In stressy times she had a lozenger.
She had tried to give up smoking many times before, with no success.
The laser treatment is fully covered by Medicare.

Good luck! Let us know how you go.

J

JaM

WOW GUYS!!! Thank you so very much again for all your support & experiences. Please believe us when we say that "this is helping us tremendously!"

Wildfire is actually getting acupuncture done to help him with it so we shall see how that goes.

I'm sticking to the old 'chew on a straw, chewing-gum or give hubby another head-job... ha ha ha he says "it seems to be working!!!!" LOL :) hrmmmm, for him or me... LOL

A

astrid

Hi guys I am Cli-max business partner :hello: and yes after a pretty scary and painful wake up call a couple of weeks ago I decided that it was enough...I have tried it soooo many times and failed soooooo many times.But the laser treatment is amazing....instead of acupuncture he use laser...less painful as he says and more effective),he told me on my first day,that it is not for everyone and that you still need the will power..and we all know that it only takes one cig to start again !!! Like Serena said...smell an old ashtray..really helps.
I havent had a cig for 14 days now...I feel great,smells lovely and keep my money in my purse....the first couple of days I only took one lozenger a day(most of the time early evening)in total I used 6 tablets :headbang: tomorrow saturday I will have my last treatment because I feel that I dont need any more...I am around smokers all day.....and it is amazing but I dont care.
So good luck to you guys...you can do it !

J

JaM

Ty astrid..... I forgot to put a nicotine-patch on this morning... It's been a real HELL of a day... but I refuse to give in........ Man, it was a hell of a day.... That nicotine drug is bloody strong to affect a person soooooooo much.... DAMN YOU NICOTINE!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxo
Latina

C

cli-max

Update

Astrid STILL hasn't smoked, and going STRONG! Wooohoooooo!
Now i'm .......... thinkin 'bout it......

:sad6: :violent5:

M

Mary Anne PA

yes.. but where do they put the laser? and where do you get it done astrid..... I think this post should encourage those wanting to give up and thinking about it to take it on as a personal challenge using this thread for support.

N

Not_Kenny

and if I don't want to give it up?

let's help those that do and leave the rest of us the f**k alone!

sorry! tired of being told! definitely,

Not Kenny :eek:(

J

JaM

Proud to say... Going Strong!

!!!!Yay!!!!!​

Wildfire has hit 5 weeks Smoke Free
Latina 4 weeks & 3 days Smoke Free​

Unfortunately we didn't get to claim our prize of attending Barbies B'day due to work commitments :sad10: but we'll endeavour to get there this weekend & REALLY make up for it!

Thank you everyone for ur support​

and BTW Kenny.... if you're not ready... you're just not ready so stuff anyones elses lectures!
I really had a hard time quitting because quite frankly.... I enjoyed smoking (strange but true)

But, my motivation to seriously quit came from seeing the look on my youngest sons face when he noticed that I was wearing a nicotine patch... You could see that his little face was just dying to mention it but he just kept such a big grin on his beautiful face all day :happy7: and stared at it quite a few times when he thought I wasn't looking. I guess he didn't want to say anything in case I changed my mind or something. (little sweety) :angel1: I keep that memory of the hope & excitement i saw in his eyes in my mind. I never knew how much of an impact it would make on my kids.

Plus.... I can smell & taste better already!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :icon_blow Wildfire's just got tastier.... LOL!!!