• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Antique & Vintage Clothing ❤

T

Tania Admin

Ladies Riding Attire .....1900's.

Might seem a bit impractical to us today but my goodness, how Elegant looking are they ??
FB_IMG_1588499271536.jpg

Miss Ambra

Silver Member
Fantastic look - sheer black face veils would compliment the gloves. There is something powerful and restrained about Edwardian fashion.

T

Tania Admin

Unfortunately I have no date for this dress exactly but this is more about the actual colouring itself. Not all fashion was/is good for the wearer or the seamstress.

Arsenical Green in mid-Victorian fashion for ladies. Here is a gorgeous outfit, alongside a picture of the hands of those who sewed the 'deadly' fabric.

FB_IMG_1588882992866.jpg FB_IMG_1588882985717.jpg

T

Tania Admin

These are called Moroccan caftans. It is a traditional dress in Morocco, that women wear for weddings and traditional parties.
Absolutely stunning!

FB_IMG_1589020693573.jpg
FB_IMG_1589020682092.jpg
FB_IMG_1589020703957.jpg

T

Tania Admin

20s or 30s.
Unfortunately I don't have an exact date and can't find the designer.

FB_IMG_1589540695166.jpg

T

Tania Admin

The women's section of Harrods, London, the world's oldest department store, in 1919. Courtesy Harrods

FB_IMG_1589739960083.jpg

T

Tania Admin

Vintage Portraits Depict Women’s Hairstyles From the Victorian and Edwardian Eras.

I like the top left and the top right.

Which do you like?

FB_IMG_1590147810617.jpg

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Bullet bras today are a symbol of the 1940 & 1950s.
With the suggestive silhouette they lend, these pointy bras became iconic.
The first bullet bra was made in 1941 under the Perma-Lift brand. Ads for the new style of bras captivated customers with promises of supreme comfort and support all in one. The Perma-Lift was made without underwires- only stitching forced the cups to keep their shape.
The shape of the bra cups were conical, but since it was wartime, the terms “bullet bra” and “torpedo bra” both stuck around. Just like the new hairstyle was called Victory rolls, so the newest bra was given a name that reflected the times.
The 1940s was a decade torn apart by World War II, but the war also gave rise to a whole new culture of glamor.

bb4.jpg bb5.jpg bb-16.jpg bb2.jpg

Lingus

Legend Member
Vintage Portraits Depict Women’s Hairstyles From the Victorian and Edwardian Eras.

I like the top left and the top right.

Which do you like?

View attachment 98695

Tania ... for the most part, I reckon that I needed to have lived in certain times to appreciate the styles of those times.

But, since you asked, my personal preference matches yours, in that the lady at top left is my favourite of those displayed ... however, I will give a special mention to she at the bottom right who appears to be the only genuinely short-haired lass amongst these 16 women.

Here's a bigger challenge for you : Which of these ladies possesses the most compelling smile ? :)