Antique & Vintage Clothing ❤

T

Tania Admin

Fashion! It's something that will always be around though it changes so much.

So I thought I would start a thread showing some of the beautiful, amazing, classy and sophisticated clothing styles (and shoes) from different era's and countries.

Please feel free to add to this post. Be sure to include the era and designer, if known.

I'm starting with this absolutely amazing dress.

Eliza Jane Howell design. 1920's

FB_IMG_1586319740723.jpg

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
Fashion! It's something that will always be around though it changes so much.

So I thought I would start a thread showing some of the beautiful, amazing, classy and sophisticated clothing styles (and shoes) from different era's and countries.

Please feel free to add to this post. Be sure to include the era and designer, if known.

I'm starting with this absolutely amazing dress.

Eliza Jane Howell design. 1920's

View attachment 94465
This is Stunning 😍🥰

T

Tania Admin

Edwardian street Style

Edwardian fashion of the Late 1890s–1914

Edwardian fashion refers to the clothing that was in style between the late 1890s and 1914 or the beginning of the Great War (World War I). Also called La Belle Epoque (the Beautiful Era), and the Gilded Age, this was a time when women's fashions took on a new opulence and extravagance, inspired by the hedonistic lifestyle of Britain's King Edward VII.

The design trends of the Edwardian era revolved around the S curve when corsets created an S-shaped female silhouette, a change from the Victorian hourglass figure.

The S bend corset forced the hips back and bust forward. The ideal female figure was a mature woman with a pigeon shaped monobosom.
FB_IMG_1586523844869.jpg FB_IMG_1586523867246.jpg FB_IMG_1586523872137.jpg

Toofierce

Gold Member
major fan of 19th century, Victorian / early industrial era fashion.
As a man if I could get away with wearing the full black woolen suit with French cuff shirt, silken waist coat, inclusive of long over coat and day hat or top hat as my day to day wear I so would. Don’t think my boss would like it much, and my work doesn’t lend itself very well to that style either.

The ladies fashion of that era too, corsets a plenty, full length skirts (just an ankle to entice the man). Not so much the bussle dresses but the “tea dress” reooow.

T

Tania Admin

Evening dress - fall/winter ca.1938–39.
Madeleine Vionnet - French

In Jungian psychology, the appearance of black birds in dreams is considered a bad omen and allied to fear of misfortune. For the Romantics, they hovered over battlefields to feast on the bodies of the slain. As a chilling prelude to war, the birds on this dress swarm around the body of the wearer like ominous raptors. At the same time, they serve as criticism of the vanity and ostentation of le beau monde. Like the bird who cries cras, cras (tomorrow, tomorrow), the black bird symbolizes those who are caught up in worldly pleasures.

FB_IMG_1587221817920.jpg FB_IMG_1587221823965.jpg FB_IMG_1587221821073.jpg

T

Tania Admin

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

CHANEL LACE EVENING GOWN, FRANCE, ca.1933.
Black silk bias cut underdress w/ nude spaghetti straps, over skirt of bands of black chiffon in chevron pattern alternating w/ black silk lace bands, bodice attached at B skirt, long chiffon panels cross over bodice to tie CB, ruffled cap sleeves,
1587556787189.png

T

Tania Admin

Omg! This is stunning!

Silk satin and silk velvet evening dress by Girolamo Giuseffi, ca. 1912. In the collection of Indianapolis Museum of Art
FB_IMG_1587990100991.jpg

T

Tania Admin

Tweed suit, ca.1895.
As exercise began to increase in popularity in the late 19th century, women’s clothing emphasized freedom, movement and the ability to explore the world outside.
Taking walks became fashionable, and women’s walking skirts shortened in length to accommodate movement. A woman’s walking suit might consist of a durable fabric like tweed or wool in two pieces – a bodice or jacket and a skirt – like the garment shown here. The illustrations of Charles Dana Gibson for Life Magazine in the 1890s epitomized this sporty woman. She became a symbol of emancipation and modern independence through her tailored and practical outfits. This tweed suit follows this new fashion aesthetic. The bodice is ornamented with brown braid and has stylish, huge leg-of-mutton sleeves. The smooth, gored skirt was favored by this modern woman, making activity – both at work and at play – easier.

FB_IMG_1588332523924.jpg