Who's a wee bit afraid of dentists?

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
I have spent the last week in excruciating pain even with taking prescribed painkillers & stuff to rub on my tooth...
Yes I know I left checking my teeth a little too late.... only going to see the dentist when I can't bear it any more...

Needless to say, today I found a dentist that took the offending tooth out......
GOOD MAN!

But really... why the terror of visiting dentists?

When I was little. my Mom took us kids regularly to see our dentist yearly I believe.... I was also scared then....
& thinking about it there should be no real reason....

Do you have an ridiculous fear of the dentist ?

Happy2

Legend Member
I abhor going to the dentist
I recall our local rang doctor only gave novacaine for extractions I still shudder at the though of those fillings

I was 17 before I realised dentists used painkiller for fillings

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Hate em ...specially when they charge up the anesthetic needle n stick it in ur gum.....many a day ive gripped both sides of yhe chair n broke out in a flood of sweat at the end of the session ive stood up and the perspiration has left big puddles on the floor and my shirt has been drenched thru

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Dentists nope ... open my mouth let the dentist do whats required, easy done...

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Dentists are a pain in the TOOTH, things only start going wrong once you visit them. Oh boy how they can charge....

At-the-dentist1.jpg

Good Value

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
I have spent the last week in excruciating pain even with taking prescribed painkillers & stuff to rub on my tooth...
Yes I know I left checking my teeth a little too late.... only going to see the dentist when I can't bear it any more...

Needless to say, today I found a dentist that took the offending tooth out......
GOOD MAN!

But really... why the terror of visiting dentists?

When I was little. my Mom took us kids regularly to see our dentist yearly I believe.... I was also scared then....
& thinking about it there should be no real reason....

Do you have an ridiculous fear of the dentist ?

dentist-nightmare.jpg

Buk

Diamond Member
I still leave finger imprints in the chair arm rests and that's as soon as he says," Open your mouth." It all stems from a harrowing experience at school when I was in year3; certainly made an impression.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I find it is best to comply with my dentist's advice for annual check-ups and daily dental care.

And answer all of his questions promptly. Very, very promptly...

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
We need a dislike button I believe As I truly disliked that post Your XLNC
When was the last time you went for a dental check-up with your friendly neighbourhood Nazi, h2?

I see you answered my post in 6 minutes. That riveting clip is nearly 8 minutes long. I hope you didn't miss the end. :smuggrin:

Happy2

Legend Member
I wish this thread had not been started Your XLNC My visit to Herr Zahnarzt is coming very soon

Dallas

Legend Member
Just get them to give you the bill first, and pain of that will supersede any dental work.

Still, I must admit I don't like going to the dentist, it's having some blokes hairy fingers stuffed into your mouth that I find disconcerting :eek:

Dallas

Legend Member
Go up market and try a dentist who wears gloves Mr D

Mine does Mr 2 but having fingers stuffed into your mouth reminds me of sex, and that's the last thing I want to think about when a hairy guy is standing over me! :eek:

Xtraman

珍愛生命
Diamond Member
Used to be the worst person afraid of dentists
had good reason back in my heyday :(

but now its a breeze and can honestly say there is no pain and they are very gentle.
XM

Oh and the female dentist keeps leaning her big boob on me when she does it ;)

hahah