Waxing for Guys

Z

ziggy_s69

OK... I've seen a few posts on the subject of 'waxing' in this forum, but would like to ask from all of those with experience, what are the best places in Perth for a guy to go get himself waxed?

What are some of the establishments around Perth that are offering this type of service - for men? What are the costs (approx.)? Are there any issues to be wary of? Has anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences that they can share?

Cheers

S

smege

yer dont let your ex girlfriend do it LOL trust me it hurts but serriosly the is a place in perth damn cant rember it sorry but i do like being waxed maybe LPs could offer the service to members on the night they go? they say it's easyer to wax a guy when they are hard :) hope i helped ziggy

P

perthminx

I have been to a few beauty salons and they all pretty much offer guys waxing... If you have one in your area, just phone ahead and ask if they do mens waxing and they could give u a price estimate

Being a woman I dont know how good they are but I can tell you the ones I go to and how much its costs (all are mens prices and I believe these are starting prices depending on how hairy the area is).

Clear Image Skin Clinic Success # 08 9498 5188 and Joanne's Avenue of Beauty Leeming
# 08 9313 5580
- Brow Shape $10
- Mens neck $15
- Mens arms $20
- Upper back and shoulders $20
- Full leg $45
- Lower leg $24
- Mens back $30
- Chest and Stomach $30

Elle Bache:
Carillon City # 08 9321 0121
Centro Warwick # 08 9448 6399
Lakeside Joondalup # 08 9300 9003
- Eyebrow or neckline $15
- Back and shoulders $40
- Chest and stomach $40
- Full leg wax $50

Last edited by a moderator:
P

petab1

There are quite a few salons out there doing mens brazillians if that is what you are after. In the Rockingham area I know of at least 2 and they are both priced around $60. They are actually taught mens brazillians at the beauty therapy course now so alot of places offer it. Just ring up a salon and ask. The charges are higher than for women coz they have to "hold it".

A

Amanda

Another option for you guys is the new Laser hair removal... I had a quick chat to Sweet_As on Friday night and she showed me her results and it looked great. I'm all for permanent hair removal if you can, waxing hurts too much!

S

sweet_as

waxing and IPL

hey there,

if your game i have a wax pot on the ready for you....i promise to be gentler than on my hubby....if you are interested in a more permanent way i have been getting IPL from ERAZOR in claremont...pretty sure that she would do mens areas...results are good..tad expensive although have seen add in western subs paper offering $275 for brazilian and underarm per visit, you will need to have about 5 visits..this is really cheap compared to others that i priced approx $400-$500 per visit...any questions feel free to private message me...happy to help out...

donna

T

twowheels

Is the price quoted for one leg or both, as some of the forum knows, I have my legs shaven, partly cos I cycle and also because I think they look good

C

Cameron2

Waxing ... Ouch !!

"Sweet as" is about right, with the pricing for Lazer treatment. It is very expencive, and it will be at least 3 visits depending on
your growth ( of the hair I mean) the pricing when I was treated was also depending on the total area traeted, large or small etc.
After shaving since I was about 20. I started getting waxed about 15 years ago. I had problems finding a salon that would do it, and I felt that it was not something that I could just go and ask without someone looking at me as if I was some sort of .... "wierdo" ... (oh where's the spell check ?)
Shaving, only lasted about 2 days but then I had a prickly stubble which I found annoying. It also gave me many ingrowns, and some got bad, and it looked like I had Acme on my stomach and groin area ! Oh Yuck... double Yuck....
Waxing , If I can remember, Iasted about 5 days It was smoother because the hair was being pulled from the roots, not cut at the surface.
I still got Ingrowns but there was not so many
Lazer treatment . Now this was where I was lucky. my doctor at the time who was female purchased a hair resroration and removal clinic in Tuart Hill ( I think its still there) but she has since sold it. She knew that I was being waxed and suggested to have Lazer treatment. ( maybe she was trying to get business )
I agreed and my problems have stoped. It is Permanent so make your choice cause there is no turning back. I went for 4 visits each at about $400 so be prepaird for the cost. It is painfull so they used some sort of cream to Numb the area. If you dont look at what they are doing you will possible not get an errection because there is no feeling there. From having very heavy
Pubic hair growth, I now only have to touch up the area with "Nair" cream about once in 2 weeks.
If I tryed to let it grow back I am sure all I will get after about 5 or 6 weeks
will be the same amount that is on the back of my leg at the calf muscle.
Oh and one more thing ... it works better on Black hair. If you are a
true blond or red it may not be seccesful So shop around.. some may not tell you about that ...... I have never looked back since If you need any more advice, just message me Take care Cameron

C

Cameron2

male Brazilian

How would you feel if you discovered, that your newfound male friend that you were about to be intamite with, had a brazilian ?

M

minimel

knowing myself.. i'd probably have a good chuckle.. then ask how they did it.. was, shave, depilitary cream etc...

S

sweet_as

brazilian

must say myself that it is veeeery nice to go there on a guy and not get my nose tickled...although it is nice to have a little to run your fingers through 'mouthing off"...the most obvious one though is the no fluff issue...if its good enough for me to do then its good enough for all.....

M

Mary Anne PA

cameron.. had a brazilian what? brazilian girlfriend?

icon12.gif
icon12.gif
icon12.gif

C

Cameron2

serena ..... (as I get up from the floor) I like your sence of humour

B

BigMike

Serena,

I had a brizilian last nite and a cashew as well :p

There is another thread that has a lot of this sort of comment on it as well.

Cheers

BigM

waxenboy

Foundation Member
male brazilian

I have a waxing once a month it does not hurt that much only stings a bit.I had one yesterday. :hello:

C

cutensexy

Hi guys, other half of cutenSexy here. Someone suggested the idea of shaving/waxing to me quite a few years ago (guys didnt really do that back then) and I figured "whats good for the goose is good for the gander"
Anyway, wasnt too sure about going to salons . Grabbed some wax (Veet?) from the supermarket and gave it a whirl. FIRST TIME HURT !!!!!
Mainly technique (temperature, angle of "rip "etc), get the hang of it and no big deal since. Also get less and less (and finer) hair so not as much to remove in future. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Butts a little more awkward but doable . Main problem with waxing is waiting til its long enough to redo; get impatient (dont think I could go back to au naturale again) so combine waxing and shaving. Wouldnt be uncomfortable going to a salon these days but so easy and so cheap, havent bothered.
Definitely dont use too HOT wax!!
And as far as depiliatory creams go - sounded convenient but always worried about a product that makes your hair fall out. Tried a v small spot as a trial once and instant blistering !!! Stick to waxing and shaving.

C

chrissie

I go to a place in Kelmscott, Lily's, to get my Brazillian done (actually it's a newyorker, but let's not split hairs lol) and it costs me $25 about every 4 weeks, I know they do guys there as well, but it does cost a bit more. There's also a chick that comes to you to do it - haven't tried her yet but I'm going to, and I know she does guys too, and her prices are the same as at the salon I go to.

It's well worth the money, and personally I find getting my eyebrows done hurts more lol - now that really smarts:-(

Chrissie

H

Hellboy

I'll give you something to be wary of Ziggy, who ever you get to wax your back, sack and crack, say no to the paper G-strings my man. When that little sucker gets stuck to your ring it will take off all your skin.

ziggy_s69 said:
OK... I've seen a few posts on the subject of 'waxing' in this forum, but would like to ask from all of those with experience, what are the best places in Perth for a guy to go get himself waxed?

What are some of the establishments around Perth that are offering this type of service - for men? What are the costs (approx.)? Are there any issues to be wary of? Has anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences that they can share?

Cheers

R

rayman2041

ok well lets hear from the 1 who we want 2 hear from. ie miss cutensexy...lol

M

miss ella xo

how to wax best..

Hi Ziggy,
to try & spare you some of the pain experienced when waxing, I personally would shave first..you dont want to be ripping out 2cm plus curly hairs! The shorter the better when it comes to waxing plus the easier, quicker & better the result will be as the wax will be able to grab shorter hairs better..mind u they need to be about half a centimetre to be taken out at all so shave, give it a bit of growth time & wax away!

These days, almost any beautician provides a male / female service when it comes to waxing...private beauty therapists (in your local paper etc.) are generally much cheaper & generally just as good..trainee beauticians are usually given the job of waxing at salons. I myself prefer a more, trained, professional service..oh, & if you hold the skin taut around the area as it is being waxed the pain will be a lot less than if you dont!

miss ella xo

M

Mary Anne PA

some info re waxing and medications - of interest

What you should know about body waxing and medication

Medications are one of the major causes of waxing problems. When you take a medication internally, whatever precaution is given applies to the entire body. For example, if you are using a corticosteroid like prednisone, you should avoid waxing for six months. How about accutane? We all know it is commonly prescribed for acne. People on accutane should not wax for seven years!

When you use creams and ointments externally, avoid waxing the treated area. For example, if you have used a cream on your upper lip, avoid waxing any part of the face. You can however, safely wax other areas like the legs.

Other common medications that can cause adverse waxing reactions are retinoids like Retin-A, Renova and Deferin as well as corticosteroids like hydrocortisone, Kenalog and Elocon. Avoid waxing for six months after you have stopped taking these medications.

Why do you get so many side-effects when using or having used these drugs? Because they all thin the skin. If the skin has been thinned by medications a problem could arise. It is also preferable not to wax your body if you are suffering from eczema, psoriasis, or have a hypersensitive skin (e.g. skin allergies or even sunburn). Stay clear of sensitive areas such as your breasts, septic spots, insect bites, moles, warts, cuts and wounds, and especially varicose veins.

waxenboy

Foundation Member
I get waxed every 4 week's i've been getting it done now for nearly a yr.I was told by the lady that does me do not shave trim very carefully with siccors.I get the top part waxed and shave the rest.After you get waxed you have to use bikini saver to stop ingrowen hair,s.The lady that doe,s me she doe,s it at her house.

J

jack hammer

can anyone help??

Looking for a place that waxes guys. Not to sure about waltzing into the local beauty salon to get it done, can anyone please help with a guy friendly waxing place.....

M

Mary Anne PA

THIS WAS A PREVIOUS THREAD DONE FOR WAXING GUYS. GO HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

Click on this link below Glad to see you are using the forum for information.

showthread.php