Prices

W

wr3xr

Sure - for the average wage earner $3K a week sounds like a lot, but believe me, not many WL's I know would be even close to happy with that. If they make $500 in a day business is considered slow.

Well good luck to them because very few will be earning what they want or expect in 12 months time. That goes for a lot of people. Miners especially. Why pay some relatively unskilled bloke 150k for 8 months to sit in a truck when they can (and most definitely are) automate them... a few less truck drivers starts to filter down doesnt it?

$500 now may be a slow day but that could be a solid day in the future.

I believe taking a bit of a financial hit to remain in employment is something we all may have to live with. Hours, costs all cut, more redundancies, less renewed contracts. I think many australians are in for a rude shock over the next few years.

Supply and demand is simple economics. Theres plenty of supply but demand is starting to slow down.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
What us poor people pay
It is proportionate to what you have in the bank I think $5 000 000 and you still pay tax $5 000 000 000 Tax Whats that?
Homey how many billion do you have??? MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

Well, if I go to India or Vietnam, I would have millions in their currency. So I can live like a prince in Rupee or Dong term. In Australia, atm, Kevin Rudd has both his hands in my wallet.

In saying this, I am not implying anything, but with most cash businesses there are some dodgy podgy going on when they cook those books.

Dallas

Legend Member
Thanks for the info Zane, I only have to book so far in advance because I'm flying from NSW to Perth and have to book airfares, accommodation and time off work - it can be a bit of a logistical nightmare sometimes even before I get to see anyone. The clients that live close by are very lucky.

Zane_1

Gold Member

I hear what you are saying ... as a punter myself I am always looking for good value for money, however, I don't believe that girls expectations or earn will drop very much more than they currently have. What will happen, if anything, is that those unhappy with the new status quo (if things do indeed turn bad) will simply drop out of the business. Those remaining will maintain their income expectations simply because there will be less providers looking after the pool of customers.

Remember, this business is not a normal job, it can be dirty and occasional dangerous not to mention completely stigmatised. Whilst the money is high enough many girls will stay with it, but if the result of doing a 12 or 16 hour shift starts to reap circa 20-30-40$ an hour many will drop out and do whatever else suits them that they have the skills for.

20$ an hour in a normal job might only collect $800 a week before tax, but the risks are low, the body impact is low, the social stigma is low, etc, etc.

Dallas

Legend Member
Well good luck to them because very few will be earning what they want or expect in 12 months time. That goes for a lot of people. Miners especially. Why pay some relatively unskilled bloke 150k for 8 months to sit in a truck when they can (and most definitely are) automate them... a few less truck drivers starts to filter down doesnt it?

I believe taking a bit of a financial hit to remain in employment is something we all may have to live with. Hours, costs all cut, more redundancies, less renewed contracts. I think many australians are in for a rude shock over the next few years.

Supply and demand is simple economics. Theres plenty of supply but demand is starting to slow down.

This is an interesting point. I recently applied for a job in Perth as my background is IT, and attended an interview a few weeks ago. Recently I was called and asked how much money I was after I wasn't greedy I just told them what I was on now, I then got a counter offer for $20k less a year which for the extra stress and responsibility not to mention the cost of living in Perth I felt I could do better elsewhere.

I can relate to w/l's because the company in question wants to pay me less, then expects me to perform extra's at no extra charge and my current boss already attempts to use a metaphorical strap on during resource allocation meetings and I'm supposed to bend over for free? The cost of living is rising but wages are dropping and more stress means more w/l visits so I need a higher income not a lower one, what are they thinking :)

W

wr3xr

Thats exactly whats starting to happen but all these companies and people from the east coast still continue to come over thinking WA is a money maker.

You may think your worth more but i bet that jobs been filled? Someone no doubt understands that its better to earn less than nothing at all! As you say WA is bloody expensive and you cant really afford to take the pay cut but you need a job so something has to give. All the services (wl, gyms, eating out, nights out etc) then start to suffer

Truck drivers are a really interesting one. Yep australia needs them but what happens when they start coming back from the mines once everything is automated? You end up with heaps of blokes needing work and companies knowing that they dont have to pay the higher rates to attract drivers.

I dont believe the near future is too good (least the surf has been OK if you avoid getting eaten :))and with any luck things might improve after the election but who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zane_1

Gold Member
The theory of the marketplace would suggest that the cost of living will decrease as peoples ability to pay also decreases. Of course, the reality is often different, or at least occurs over an unsustainably long period of time. Many retail costs have somewhat hidden fixed (usually government tax/levy/codb) costs built in that can't be moved, the services or goods will get cheaper and cheaper until they hit the immovable input cost then disappear from sale rather than continue to trend towards the zero price line.

The trick in these things is to remain at least at the _average_ income level for the area you live. Taking a 50% pay cut shouldn't theoretically mean that much if everyone else is taking the same cut and suddenly milk/petrol and potatoes cost half as much (hehehe).

Those who want to retain their incomes in real terms will move to where the money is ... thus you see many many WL's in Perth right now who are not originally from here for example. Those of us who can't easily move will stay and simply have to suck it up.

Heres an interesting divergence thats still tenuously related to economy and theory though ... when does the average WL hourly rate become so high that its actually cheaper to maintain a wife or several girlfriends (in a more traditional sense)?

For mine, using my recent spend as a guide, somewhere varying between 1000-2000 a month, its far far (far!!!!!) cheaper than having a wife after taking into consideration separation and divorce related costs. Now got a girlfriend who's running a bit hotter than wife was, so value is pretty low there too. At some point though, one will wake up and realise that at say $600/hr your monthly punting bills are $10,000 and it might actually be more economical to run with 2-3 girlfriends???? Perhaps this is the point where maintaining the classic sugar baby becomes an option?

sunyun

Legend Member
Thanks for the info Zane, I only have to book so far in advance because I'm flying from NSW to Perth and have to book airfares, accommodation and time off work - it can be a bit of a logistical nightmare sometimes even before I get to see anyone. The clients that live close by are very lucky.

Hi Dallas,

I hear you ! I live up north and usually only get a few hours free when in Perth for a day or two, so I need to know in advance when and where I have a booking. If the lady stands me up, my chances of sitting in a rented car trying to book someone of quality at 30 minutes notice are about the same as Buckley's.

But often, ladies don't take me seriously when I try to make an advance booking. Or, they accept the booking, then when I call on the morning of the booking they are, 'busy' !!

When Sienna from Esquires went private, I made two bookings a couple of weeks in advance, and on the first occasions, her phone was off in the morning (I always call in the morning to reassure the lady that I am still on track for our booking later in the day), and then when I tried again an hour before my booking, she was all surprised, and was 'in the country', so couldn't make our booking.

The second time, phone off in the morning (do I detect a pattern here ?), then an hour before the booking, when I managed to get her, she was 'tied up at Uni., and couldn't get away because Uni comes first', but no thought of a text to warn me !

Two trips to Perth with no action (my regular was in Hong Kong !) - for me that is about 7 months !

Very annoying.

Dallas

Legend Member
Hi Sunyun,

Well I've only been doing the FIFO thing for about 8 months now and originally I had similar issues with bookings being cancelled or nobody returning my calls or texts, or ladies just not turning up as I was just another text message. The reasons for this as ladies have explained to me since, is that they get such a huge amount of time wasting calls that it's difficult enough to get a reliable booking the same day let alone someone booking days or weeks in advance that they don't know personally that's why they wouldn't' be taking you seriously I'd say.

What I have found though is by seeing the same lady regularly I have built up trust and have an understanding of her private life and issues she has to deal with outside of seeing me. She also knows my travelling issues so understands why I have to organise something in advance. Most of all I've hopefully been able to demonstrate that I'm reliable, respectful and know her rules. Tick all the boxes and I think you'll stay on the radar even if you have to book days in advance.

TheCock

Legend Member
Hi Dallas,

I hear you ! I live up north and usually only get a few hours free when in Perth for a day or two, so I need to know in advance when and where I have a booking. If the lady stands me up, my chances of sitting in a rented car trying to book someone of quality at 30 minutes notice are about the same as Buckley's.

But often, ladies don't take me seriously when I try to make an advance booking. Or, they accept the booking, then when I call on the morning of the booking they are, 'busy' !!

When Sienna from Esquires went private, I made two bookings a couple of weeks in advance, and on the first occasions, her phone was off in the morning (I always call in the morning to reassure the lady that I am still on track for our booking later in the day), and then when I tried again an hour before my booking, she was all surprised, and was 'in the country', so couldn't make our booking.

The second time, phone off in the morning (do I detect a pattern here ?), then an hour before the booking, when I managed to get her, she was 'tied up at Uni., and couldn't get away because Uni comes first', but no thought of a text to warn me !

Two trips to Perth with no action (my regular was in Hong Kong !) - for me that is about 7 months !

Very annoying.

Name them? They wont do it again.