• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Alan Langtrees Chaffeur BLOG

Lingham

Diamond Member
So we need good banking regulations to make sure that the banks stay solvent and our money is safe.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
It's a price rise we have to have. Well fuelwatch shows us how consistent the rise has been and that fuel has remained above $1.40 since Nov last year...unless you can get 40c /Litre discount for fuel, your paying too much. That's what I deduced from fuelwatch. And also fuelwatch shows us how collaborative these fuel stations are, you will find a group of stations set their prices exactly the same.

I might start sticking some solar panel on the roof of my car and start pedaling.

Happy2

Legend Member
Fuel watch are efficient Whenever Petrol station lowers their price after posting what their price for the day will be They will prosecute mercilessly then

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Who should be allowed to come in to Australia should not be purely determined by how wealthy or skilled they are. The immigration policy should consist of a mix of skilled people, which Australia needs to fill the shortage gaps but also genuine refugees who flee their own country for a better life. Finding the right balance can be difficult.

Alan Driver VIP Perth

Gold Member
We all think it's never going to happen. Water supplies are decreasing every year. We use more than we get. What happened to the Australian dream of the quarter acre block. Soon swimming pools will be banned to save water.( that is if they can sqeeze them on 250 sq metres

Alan Driver VIP Perth

Gold Member
Farmboy I agree. We have surplus grain at the moment. Do not forget we had droughts a few years ago, farmers were vertualy giving sheep and cattle away as they had no fodder. Teir stock has only just been replaced

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
It must be subsidized. Like other OPEC countries, such as Venezuela, UAE, etc...

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
lol too true...they are subsidized by Aussie party goers. Not necessary tax payers.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
lol too true...they are subsidized by Aussie party goers. Not necessary tax payers.

Australian aid by region, 2009-2012
Click column headings to sort table

Region2009-102010-112011-12
Note: Figures are in Australian dollars, current prices

Source: AusAid
PNG & Pacific island countries $1,083,242,000 $1,083,160,000 $1,145,020,000
East Asia $1,079,646,000 $1,050,255,000 $1,233,370,000
South & West Asia $400,535,000 $448,200,000 $542,504,000
Other Asia $37,997,000 $50,791,000 $40,719,000
Sub-Saharan Africa $140,530,000 $264,341,000 $436,348,000
North Africa & Middle East $104,932,000 $139,985,000 $132,775,000
Other Africa $31,332,000 $37,041,000 $7,498,000
Latin America & Caribbean $39,489,000 $41,783,000 $53,835,000
Rest of World $947,331,000 $1,187,599,000 $1,233,090,000

http://www.theguardian.com/global-d...13/aug/22/australia-foreign-aid-spending-data

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Click column headings to sort table

It ain't working, I clicking column headings not sorted. lol

This is Aus giving taking from everyone, the poor, the middle class, the rich and then give it to the poor. So the poor can in term do business with Aus, buy Aussie products. I give you buy from me. Economy..or is it Donateconomy.

T

Thatguy

so we can spend that kind of money around the world, yet we are cutting jobs and cutting local funding for health and education etc...

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
It ain't working, I clicking column headings not sorted. lol

This is Aus giving taking from everyone, the poor, the middle class, the rich and then give it to the poor. So the poor can in term do business with Aus, buy Aussie products. I give you buy from me. Economy..or is it Donateconomy.
my appoligies Homer . if you click on the link @ the bottom and then you will be able to click on the column headings for more info :)

sorry

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Lets not forget would a full Australia be worth living in?
We have already dozed flat and fenced the entire south west
Destroyed that entire ecosystem to grow wheat and sheep
Imagine if they doze the rest of it flat. There already at it up in ord river stage 2
Forget mining. Thats a drop in the ocean compared to what weve destroyed so we can ship wheat. And sheep overseas and also nothing compared to whats coming as
Genetic engineering allows us to grow drought resistant crops in the semi arid and insect resistant in the tropics.
Gone will be our wide open spaces to travel and explore replaced by padocks and fences
Like has been done perth to southern cross and kalbarri to Esperance

T

Tania Admin

All good points from everyone..I will just watch thread a bit longer, it could be quite contraversial but I do have a very strong opinion on this topic, coming from family that migrated here from Germany and Poland and comparing it to the handouts and circumstances with a lot of immigrants now.

Happy2

Legend Member
Much farmland has been rehabilitated
I know we restored a large area on our property and will never ever do so again
We ensured all plants were endemic to our specific locale Unfortunately we are not allowed to touch that piece of land now not even deadfall for firewood. (Of course we pay rates etc on that land still)
Should have left it salt DEP did not care about that

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Farmboy I agree. We have surplus grain at the moment. Do not forget we had droughts a few years ago, farmers were vertualy giving sheep and cattle away as they had no fodder. Teir stock has only just been replaced

One of the driest years ever in WA was 2010 CBH received about 6 million ton way down from what had become the norm , now to keep this in perspective Alan if when you were 19 (1971 ) and if you had worked on the bins you would have been very busy setting a new WA mega record when CBH received a whopper crop 3 point 7 million ton ,
Now a couple of years before you bust forth into the world Alan 1951 CBH for the first time hit the one million ton in one harvest
This year 13/14 if we count CBHs 15. 8 M the Chinese direct export 80 thousand ? and Bunge new Bunbury port 300 thousand ??? we have more than 16 million ton the biggest problem is how to get all this on a boat and what happens if we do the same next year .

Now on to sheep 2010 WA farmers were lucky The Eastern States after about ten ordinary years had plenty of rain just as we had not much Fired up east coast farmers came across payed east coast prices and WA sent over a million young sheep east in 90 days most on them made it and found that the grass was indeed greener .

two thousand and twelve also was a bad year in WA not as dry but sheep prices were crap

Now what I am saying Alan is we can grow it no problem selling and transport logistics now thats different .

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Any one that thinks fuel is expensive.....
When was the last time you jumped in your 5seater car by yourself to do some unimportant trip and as you reached for the key thought........ can I afford it?

Fuels not expensive

bushseeker

Foundation Member
If you want to talk expensive for a 1hour punt at langtrees I could spend a week fishing and camping around the southwest...... I know what id prefer.....

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Lets not forget would a full Australia be worth living in?
We have already dozed flat and fenced the entire south west
Destroyed that entire ecosystem to grow wheat and sheep
Imagine if they doze the rest of it flat. There already at it up in ord river stage 2
Forget mining. Thats a drop in the ocean compared to what weve destroyed so we can ship wheat. And sheep overseas and also nothing compared to whats coming as
Genetic engineering allows us to grow drought resistant crops in the semi arid and insect resistant in the tropics.
Gone will be our wide open spaces to travel and explore replaced by padocks and fences
Like has been done perth to southern cross and kalbarri to Esperance

Everyone loves the unspoiled bush practically no one has the skill to live in it find food and water there , and living under a bit of bark is not my cup of tea.

Alan Driver VIP Perth

Gold Member
What sort of guy are you looking for.? is it the dependable working man who has a financial plan for the future. Or the party guy who's fun to be with, who lives from day to day?