• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Alan Langtrees Chaffeur BLOG

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I've given it so many years, and frigging peanuts are all i get from super. They are worse than the bonks...acct fees, mgmt fees, govt fees, govt taxes, these are charged regardless if you get a +ve return or not. Think GFC, that makes one very happy. The fund mgr makes $ regardless.

Happy2

Legend Member
So homie would you just recommend I keep using the retirement system .. unfortunately as now?

$10 of scratches and lotto?

Though my fall back is sell the property to the Chinese

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I dont know H2, every man for his own. Not sure if trusting your $ to chance and luck is any good either.

I guess we all need some education on $, and how to invest. Rather than trusting our $$ to strangers who we never met in our lives, to invest. It's like trusting the blind to drive.

But if you wanna fall back and return to city/suburban life then sell your animal farmhouse to the Chinese and only keep Baaarbaaaraaa with you.

A

Astro

You want a house, you go to a bank for a loan..
The bank doesn't come to you asking you to buy a house and take a loan..
Do you really expect the said loan to be without interest..

Alan Driver VIP Perth

Gold Member
If we are going to let more people live in Australia let them be creative thinking profesionals that can help the country. We are short of water, we are building on our prime farmland. In another 30 years we won't be able to provide for ourselves. Enough refugees soon we,ll be in their shoes looking for a country to take us

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I don't know. ..things are what they are. When the prices are high they are high and I don't let it get me down.

But when it's low priced. I enjoy the pleasant surprise.

Happy2

Legend Member
I have two immigrants from Zimbabwe working for me A husband & wife duo Not only the best workers I have had but only workers willing to stay for more than 6 weeks
I will say they did all the paperwork, went through the proper channels Took them several years to get here
And they would have been hell those years, listening to some of the horror stories they tell
They are definitely unqualified But are working some of this farmland you mentioned

Last edited:

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I believe if Australia ever becomes too full which I doubt. And we had to lighten the head count starting with the less contributing which I disagree with. ....

The would be plenty of passengers carried bybthe efforts of others that are of foreign and...... domestic background.

This globe hardly holds any space which is lacking in a multicultural presence. Noone needs to be kicked out of anywhere.

Acceptance of each other is something our species is yet to discover at a collective scale.

sparky

Legend Member
Remember when LPG was a 1/3 of the price or petrol
the government suckered everyone into converting their cars over to it , even gave rebates for it , only to raise the price so its now no cheaper to run a car on it anymore

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
If we are going to let more people live in Australia let them be creative thinking profesionals that can help the country. We are short of water, we are building on our prime farmland. In another 30 years we won't be able to provide for ourselves. Enough refugees soon we,ll be in their shoes looking for a country to take us

I dont know what you think of me Alan but Farm Boy does not support the left side of politics or the extreme right .

Now as a farmer I can tell you we will not ever be short of grain oilseed mutton or beef or even farmland rice and some vegetables may some day be in high demand ( short supply )
however the north of Australia has as yet huge untapped potential

Happy2

Legend Member

I dont know what you think of me Alan but Farm Boy does not support the left side of politics or the extreme right .

Now as a farmer I can tell you we will not ever be short of grain oilseed mutton or beef or even farmland rice and some vegetables may some day be in high demand ( short supply )
however the north of Australia has as yet huge untapped potential
Untapped yes But it will take some innovative thinking to get a permanent population up there

D

Driver Harry

Problem with Australia is we are commonly coast dwellers as the country is so barren in the middle unlike The USA.
I will say I personally would give preference to s Future Australians who have gone through the correct procedures
I totally agree! I don't like people smuggling and the type of riff raff that will come through, I remember when Bankstown was a nice suburb, now it's Beirut.
Here some food for thought....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_of_Blood_speech
No doubt Globalization is in full throttle but I see a major conflict just around the corner.

Lingham

Diamond Member
Necessity is the mother of invention and the need for food, water and space for living will bring about the development of northern Australia; however, like H2 and FB2 say, this will require a lot of 'out of the box' thinking and will not happen any time soon.