What life skills do you wish they'd taught you in school?

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
add these to your list,
how to train a Genie to grant you 3 wishes
how to run a nation

C

colzilla

Anything of any real importance I learned outside of school.

Apart from the 3 x R's school taught me SFA.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- I luv the 3xR it was my favorite subject and I always Passed with a high Pirate Distinction;- 3XR;------Rum,Rum,Rum

Dallas

Legend Member

I agree Mr C, all school taught me was how to cope with fear and pain and that most adult males were abusive.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Baaaaaarbara eh...i was never taught about Baaaaaaarbara while at school, damn school.

Dallas, yeah definitely agree with ya there, school taught everyone how to cope with crap handed down from the top. We are all trained as a BS handler. How bout teach us how to be leaders? How to manage our own crap such as finance? Teach us how to rip others off, sorry i mean how to do business. All we were told to do, is get good grades and get that fricking good paying job.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy Myyyyy Bro;- what a "Fricking good paying job"??????????????
I thought school training was that, you were trained to conform just like everyone else, hence;----
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lucky I went to Pirate school;- Ohhhhh Yeah, I am like all the other Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa Pirate

C

colzilla

The should have Punter School.

Training would be punters... For punting excellence.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;------- Lets all go to Nude School

[video=youtube_share;jxuzsxNkDxY]http://youtu.be/jxuzsxNkDxY[/video]

C

colzilla

Thanks Mr TG.

Would be a valuable skill in life. Learning the pros and cons of the punt... Getting the best deal with Mr Ca$h.

Dallas

Legend Member
farq dude... we're we at the same school? haha

Yep the hypocritical teachers would go to anti vietnam marches and dance naked at the Sunbury Pop Festival singing with flowers and preaching peace and love, then they'd get back to school and beat the shit out of little kids, is it any wonder I only trust working girls

Dallas, yeah definitely agree with ya there, school taught everyone how to cope with crap handed down from the top. We are all trained as a BS handler. How bout teach us how to be leaders? How to manage our own crap such as finance? Teach us how to rip others off, sorry i mean how to do business. All we were told to do, is get good grades and get that fricking good paying job.

Agree with you Homer, the only practical skill I learned was how to survive impossible odds. I joined the Army after school and it was a piece of cake - less physical violence, I got my own gun and I got paid for it - awesome!

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Whether from school or any other people that was there to contribute to the accumulation of information that shapes who I am from when I was a child.......I am certain they taught me best they could according to what they knew and what they had to cope with at the time.

If I were to list a few skills I wish was taught to me along side the basics of numeracy and literacy back in grade school I would wish for the following:

- Financial literacy

- Emotional intelligence

- Rigor conditioning

- Law of Attraction

- Habitual giving and contribution

- Turning information into wisdom

But to me it is not too late. Any chance I get I pass these skills and habits onto another when it is appropriate. Whether they are a toddler or a wrinkly.

R

Raye@Langtrees

You just went to school to muck about, swap your lunch, and stay out of everyones way. The old saying kids should be seen and not heard...

vector-naughty-boy-girl-9788237.jpg

janny-ammerson

Gold Member
Some things that ought to be taught are :

1. Humility.
  2. Regard for elders.
  3. Public speaking.
  4. Sex education.
  5. General knowledge.
  6. Career counseling.
  7. Basics of personal finance.
  8. Reading comprehension.
  9. The art of précis writing.

xanten

Silver Member
No one should be allowed to leave school until they understand the power off compounding interest,

Chief

Diamond Member
11 years later. Has anything changed? Worsened? Improved?
Given the overwhelming surge of obesity,drug dependency,mental health trauma amongst pre teens,illiteracy,
domestic violence etc I would say we are on a very slippery slope and most don’t even know it.
The greatest scourge however is the mediocrity and dishonesty of our “leaders”and politicians. Our GDP is now half
of our neighbours,it use to be double. Mr Lee was right.

johnmatilda

Diamond Member
Economics 102. I think young boys should be taught the dangers of marriage and defacto relationships because these are very bad investments. Never going to happen in my lifetime of course.