Visiting Soon

perthguy1961

Silver Member
Hi all,
I will be visiting Vietnam for the first time soon (August). Going to Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An and Danang.
Any good tips for a first timer?
How is the massage scene in Vietnam?

Thanks.

Lingus

Legend Member
Check out the experiences of RustyShack69, back in pre-Covid 2019 :

ThaiGoodTimes

Gold Member
VIP massages, massage spas are the go to's...
A very strong scene, but most often not FS in any form of massage shops...

If it's FS you are after, skip the massage places and find the apartment sex girls...

One area to look at for FS in the massage shops is along the alleys off Bui Vien, the main walking street in District 1

Last edited:

perthguy1961

Silver Member
VIP massages, massage spas are the go to's...
A very strong scene, but most often not FS in any form of massage shops...

If it's FS you are after, skip the massage places and find the apartment sex girls...

One area to look at for FS in the massage shops is along the alleys off Bui Vien, the main walking street in District 1
Thanks TGT, I have read that the tipping can be a problem in Vietnam, as in sometimes being enforced rather than voluntary??

ThaiGoodTimes

Gold Member
Thanks TGT, I have read that the tipping can be a problem in Vietnam, as in sometimes being enforced rather than voluntary??
Yes, tipping in Vietnam is often an enforced expectation, not a hope.

Also, if you’ve never been before there be ready for a somewhat unpleasant cultural experience at times. Many viet are scammers, schemers, game players. It’s almost like a natural sport is to rip you off, if they can, they will, and will even smile about it when caught out on it… it’s not all, but a higher percentage than anywhere else in SE Asia…

tsmith

Silver Member
In Hanoi there are massage shops all around the lake doing feet etc but they have the stairs that lead up to a top level where the massage beds are. For some reason I kept my undies on as I was not sure whether it was the same in Vietnam as is here or not. She literally tore my undies off. Prices were the same as here even though I had to negotiate to a reasonable level. I think I probably got ripped off but it was first time in Hanoi and didn't want to get shot or something.

ThaiGoodTimes

Gold Member
In Hanoi there are massage shops all around the lake doing feet etc but they have the stairs that lead up to a top level where the massage beds are. For some reason I kept my undies on as I was not sure whether it was the same in Vietnam as is here or not. She literally tore my undies off. Prices were the same as here even though I had to negotiate to a reasonable level. I think I probably got ripped off but it was first time in Hanoi and didn't want to get shot or something.
Yes that area in Hanoi is well known to me some years back.
It’s good info, but the original poster didn’t mention that he was going to Hanoi,

tsmith

Silver Member
Just apart from fucking etc...be careful you get your correct visa before you arrive. I got mine over the Internet and got scammed as they did not recognise it when I arrived. You have to then line up and get a photo taken, formed filled in and pay some money (think it was ~US50 or similar).

Make sure you take lots of US dollars....and when you come outside of the official monuments do not take the eager Taxi driver that comes up to you wanting to take you anywhere (you get scammed about 10 times the cost of the actual trip).

It's been a while on this post since we talked about fucking so note that when I walked around the quiet streets late at night I had these guys on motorbikes coming up to offer to take you to some young girl of your dreams or such like - I would not take them up on this offer as who knows where you will end up. At the time it was awkward as my daughter was walking on the other side of street and I had to explain what the guy wanted.

Anyway, Vietnam is an experience that I would love to extend via another trip. Well worth going. I know you are not going to Hanoi but if you can go, try and stay around the Lake.

Last edited: