• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

The Whisky Thread

Channelle

Legend Member
Never tried whiskey myself

Recently reaquainted myself with whiskey.
Or more particularly, was offered a whiskey choice by a private WL, so that was unexpectedly very nice.
And just with ice, none of this with coke stuff.

That followed her offering to collect me from a railway station, being driven to her apartment - long time since I was a passenger with the driver's hand in my lap most of the way - then a whiskey starter ... probably should put this in the ultimate service thread I guess.

Gobble_Doc

Diamond Member
Or more particularly, was offered a whiskey choice by a private WL, so that was unexpectedly very nice.

That followed her offering to collect me from a railway station, being driven to her apartment - long time since I was a passenger with the driver's hand in my lap most of the way - then a whiskey starter ... probably should put this in the ultimate service thread I guess.
I like the sound of that kind of service 😁
GD

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Ladies and Gentlemen.
So, it’s Saturday evening and I am sitting here with @Master Yoda drinking whiskey and eating stinky tofu and smoking cigars.
How long will we last?
I asked him if he is drunk yet and he said “I’m not as think as you drunk I am”

Attachments

• 5E4A7449-5A03-4FEF-92F9-D5D97B38BE50.jpeg
    5E4A7449-5A03-4FEF-92F9-D5D97B38BE50.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 14

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
So, here we are an hour or so in and we are feeling a little Jeffrey. We have had a 10 year old, two 12 year olds and only legal aged, 18 year old.

upside down Miss Jane.

E564A24B-02CF-49D9-B7E7-9509781EF7FE.jpeg

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Ladies and Gentlemen.
So, it’s Saturday evening and I am sitting here with @Master Yoda drinking whiskey and eating stinky tofu and smoking cigars.
How long will we last?
I asked him if he is drunk yet and he said “I’m not as think as you drunk I am”
So, here we are an hour or so in and we are feeling a little Jeffrey. We have had a 10 year old, two 12 year olds and only legal aged, 18 year old.

upside down Miss Jane.

Was a great afternoon and evening. And yes, I’m a nice cool place 10 overdrams of great scotch with a couple of great cigars later we were still going strong 💪

64A845F7-8C2D-4E74-9700-93A428455AE7.jpeg

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Legend Member

Wow now that’s a service brother. When I was active I’d go to a WL big time if she liked to share drams

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Mortlach 12 years is very nice. Dan Murphys had it as tasting a few weeks ago.
Yes enjoy the Bourbon also.
Jack Daniels single barrel is another nice one.
Mortlach 12 is sold out. People were buying them by the half dozen during these tastings. I am lucky to have 2 of them

CDSC

Gold Member
I have a nice barrel whiskey called 'As we get it'. It's Balvinie/Glenlivet malt but cask strength. Smooth but you feel it working its way through. They sell it online through Master of Malt.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I have a nice barrel whiskey called 'As we get it'. It's Balvinie/Glenlivet malt but cask strength. Smooth but you feel it working its way through. They sell it online through Master of Malt.

I have a shelf full. I might make an entry later

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Mortlach 12 years is very nice. Dan Murphys had it as tasting a few weeks ago.
Yes enjoy the Bourbon also.
Jack Daniels single barrel is another nice one.

I have had this bottle before. It was gorgeous. Deep and dark, yet clean

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I trust ( unlike a certain family member who shan't be named... Hi son) you never had some of your father's lovely whisky with Pepsi

I do taunt my best friend by mixing an Islay with coke just to get a reaction 😂