• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

The Whisky Thread

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
As there are at least a few people here that are enthusiasts of a good dram I thought I would start a thread on this great topic.

Here is a great one, safe to go to and has proven itself time and time again. A Whisky from Islay which is my favourite region.

Bruichladdich Classic...

At 100 proof (50% alc/vol) it is like liquid silk with tones of rugged sweetness and a cloud of thick smoke. Yet for an Islay it is non peated which is rare.

If anyone has tried this one, do let me know what you think.

E9DC4CD6-3B58-4E48-A637-CAFBE324FC95.jpeg

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Here is one I picked up tonight. One from Speyside which is the region globally most popular and least loved my me. And also a distillery that has not impressed me Glen Moray. Until tonight.

Glen Moray Elgin Classic - Peated edition...

It has all the floral aromatic prettiness of a Speyside Whisky, which on its own is like eggs without the bacon. But this one... a fine balanced merging of the two worlds... like @Jessica Jones holding a Hitori Hanzo Sword...

I have found the third Speyside Whisky I am say I will buy another bottle of.

329CD996-C34C-4156-86C4-CF45E3161E8F.jpeg

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I only drink single malts 12 or above(18 is my pref just like the ladies)
Don't like smoke flavours or peated.
Glenfiddich
Balvenie
Glenlivet if nothing else available
Macallan
Glenmorangie (same as Livet)

Xtra is in to making shine ;) and spiced rum aaarrrrrrg

I love rum too...

I see you’re a man of the popular Speysides. Do you like the Singleton 12 yo? That one is one of the very few gentle ones I love.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I got a nice bottle coming back the last trip you will have to drop by for a drop...have some special whiskey glasses LOL

Master Yoda

Legend Member
A few weeks ago @Lord Spikey and I went and had a tour at the Whippa Snapper distillery in East Perth. I learned a lot and tasted some new world whiskeys that we’re very easy on the palate. There were prototypes that are available for tasking that are very interesting. And they have released a world first. A quinoa whiskey.

Anyone had any experiences at this distillery?

I ended up bringing home a young aged product called Crazy Uncle. It is very good for that it is.

8CC6F7F4-16AA-452F-8D77-8EDB2999F6AF.jpeg

GreyBeard

Silver Member
Love the Islay malts. Laphroaig quarter cask would be my favourite but Chaol Ila would be a close second. Ardbeg is another I enjoy

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Love the Islay malts. Laphroaig quarter cask would be my favourite but Chaol Ila would be a close second. Ardbeg is another I enjoy

I bought 2 bottles of quarter cask on THE DRINK SOCIETY on Facebook recently. And on the last dreams of the first bottle. About $80 a piece. Two bottles mean free delivery. Totally decent . But I compared it with Laphroaig Triplewood side by side. And the Triple Wood was quite a lot better. As it is the same scotch further aged in sherry casks.

I have never been impressed by Caoila l, but the Ardbeg Coryvreckan may be the best one out there... have you tried that one?

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I made a discovery tonight while drinking alone... the Laphroaig Quarter Cask and the Bruichladdie 8 had a dribble left so I had them then opened fresh bottles and had a taste. fresh bottles are so much better... hmmm. Oxidation says that bottles should not be left too long ;)

13A02DEB-7B61-4FF9-AFB8-3A24D4E79089.jpeg

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Without getting on a plane and going back to Islay - Lagavulin 16.

A very safe go to. And funny you should say that. Next year two friends and I are getting on a plane and going to Islay. Laphroaig and Ardbeg are going to be the distilleries on the first day.

Josh123

Diamond Member
I have to say, i prefer the Irish Whiskey to the Scotch. Can be harder to find on Perth, but there are some very nice tipples coming from the Emerald Isle. Green Spot is a personal favourite, along with Redbreast's of various vintages

DingBiddie

Silver Member
I have to say, i prefer the Irish Whiskey to the Scotch. Can be harder to find on Perth, but there are some very nice tipples coming from the Emerald Isle. Green Spot is a personal favourite, along with Redbreast's of various vintages

Agree! Two of my current bottles. EEFA10BC-8B68-41A6-9852-3DB7B1DFAE74.jpeg