• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

The Ashes...

Fudd

Foundation Member
...tremendous effort by the team, I was glad to have been a part of it...lol...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Hi Fudd where did you get the face lift done?
And please don't tell me you watched the whole thing............sigh.........cricket is just one of those things.......you either love it or you find it totally boring and a waste of time..........:p

Fudd

Foundation Member
Told you , you were the man for the job
Well done
Have you organised the next test tour to be Italy perchance?

...alas no, H2, lost contracts have stuffed things up...oh well, back to the drawing board.

Fudd

Foundation Member
Hi Fudd where did you get the face lift done?
And please don't tell me you watched the whole thing............sigh.........cricket is just one of those things.......you either love it or you find it totally boring and a waste of time..........:p

....oh Roch...Roch...Roch...*sigh*...

Happy2

Legend Member
...alas no, H2, lost contracts have stuffed things up...oh well, back to the drawing board.
The ACB have no respect You win them the ashes and they won't send you and the Aussie team on a tour of Italy And no contract Ah well that's modern sports

Happy2

Legend Member
........so what about football (European way)...........or Tennis?............why cricket? *sigh* *sigh* *sigh*
Soccer Rochelle soccer. It's soccer in the civilized world And tennis So dull they try and finish it early by jumping over10 _15 points at a time 0 15 30 40 c'mon let's just get this over
Horse racing may be the sport of kings But cricket is the king of sport s

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
No dearest........it is not soccer.....in the civilized European world it is called football.....even the bl..dy pommes call it football.........and how can you find Tennis boring?????????
Sigh.......you really going through a MLC........is ok dearest.......don't get excitied......;)

Happy2

Legend Member
No dearest........it is not soccer.....in the civilized European world it is called football.....even the bl..dy pommes call it football.........and how can you find Tennis boring?????????
Sigh.......you really going through a MLC........is ok dearest.......don't get excitied......;)
Now now dear! Don't blow a valve. But just remember
It's was those same bloody Poms who coined the word Soccer in the first place

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy LOL;-------MLC LOL, Yepp i think Your Arrrrrrr correct

svengali

Foundation Member
So far as I am aware the round-ball game is referred to as "football" everywhere it is played these days. In Australia we clung to "soccer" (or less complimentary terms) for a long time to distinguish it from Aussie Rules.

Like all sport it leaves me cold.

O.K., there are some highly skilled people doing very difficult things and making a boatload of money in the process but at the end of the day their efforts produce nothing useful and I am not going to waste my time watching them.

Happy2

Legend Member
Seems we are polar opposites svengali
I am from a very lightly populated rural region And from small kids we were involved with sports, Foot AFL Ball and Cricket for boys, Netball and Hockey for the girls
But up here sport brings together the whole community And when we beat those sods from the next town up the road Wow

But sport is the major community binding force for the region If the sporting centre was closed down it would be nearly as heart rending as the closing of the towns only tavern Nearly

svengali

Foundation Member
Seems we are polar opposites svengali
I am from a very lightly populated rural region And from small kids we were involved with sports, Foot AFL Ball and Cricket for boys, Netball and Hockey for the girls
But up here sport brings together the whole community And when we beat those sods from the next town up the road Wow

But sport is the major community binding force for the region If the sporting centre was closed down it would be nearly as heart rending as the closing of the towns only tavern Nearly

Yep, my point exactly (believe it or not)

I, too played a lot of different sports in a lot of country towns while being moved around in my employment and it was great. If you can swing a tennis racket or kick a football you have a ready-made social group to ease into a new community.

Sport is also great for teaching kids the values of teamwork and the lesson that you don't always win but you can still be a winner. The health benefits of exercise are obvious and if more people took part in sport we would be a healthier nation.

However, the key words are "taking part in..." - not slumping in an armchair sucking beer and watching someone else do it. The day I succumb to that kind of mind-numbing boredom will be the day they cart me off feet-first in a white van.

Happy2

Legend Member
FUDD All that kudos you got for raising YOUR cricket team from the depths to a world beating team of champs?
RESCINDED!!:mad:

Happy2

Legend Member
England all out for 255 Yay all well with the world :D
Stumps day 2 Aus 9 for 164 Coaches job in jeopardy:(