• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

So where did I f#ck up?

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
Last Saturday night, was our company Christmas party.

We all met up at a hotel. Many people brought their partners/kids with them.

I was one of the few people there that is single.

There is this lady at work – who is also single, and we have sort of been very friendly at work but other than chatting, we have had no interaction.

Anyway, I found myself seated next to Jane (not her real name) and we really got on very well.

I am guessing an abundance of alcohol had something to do with that.

The evening festivities had started at 6:00pm and by 9:30 most people had gone home.

Jane and I, together with another married couple were finally asked to leave some time after mid-night.

Jane asked me if I could drive her home as she had got a taxi to the hotel. **

Being a proper gentleman I agreed. ;)

The weird thing is that even up to this point I never even considered that anything would happen between us.

Anyway, on the way home she started becoming ”affectionate” – nothing serious but certainly enough for me to start considering that the evening wasn’t quite over yet.

When we arrived at her place, we sat in the car and chatted a while and then she asked me if I wanted to come into her house for a coffee.

I should just stress this point – both of us had way too much to drink during the evening, and I don’t drink coffee.

Nonetheless, I decided to join her inside for the coffee. Of course the coffee never materialised but I did soon find myself giving her a back rub.( Her shirt and bra had come off a bit earlier).

While I was tickling/massaging her back (and surrounding areas), I gave the whole situation some thought (And yes – I was thinking with my head and not with my dick).

I realised we were both pretty wasted and I really didn’t want to have any “issues” at work. I thought that if we were to have an evening of wild passionate steamy hot sex, we should both make that decision when our judgement was less “clouded”

And it would seem as though this is where I f#cked up.

By this time it was almost 2:00 am. We were both pretty tired and I suggested that we would reconsider this whole situation in the morning. (BTW - this lady is hot - she has legs that go on forever and has an extremely sexy butt).

Anyway, almost a week has since gone by and I can say that despite my very best efforts, the only interaction that we have had is a few phone calls and swapping of text messages,

In fact, things seem to have completely unraveled since last week and she has made it pretty clear that the chances of anything further happening are not good.

So my question is: On the night, should I have listened to my dick or was I correct to think with my head?
(It's going to be a hard sell to try and convince me that I did the right thing).

** - Yes, I am aware that I should not have driven home

Last edited:

Lacie4U

Diamond Member
Last Saturday night, was out company Christmas party.

There is this lady at work – who is also single, and we have sort of been very friendly at work but other than chatting, we have had no interaction.

Anyway, I found myself seated next to Jane (not her real name) and we really got on very well.

The evening festivities had started at 6:00pm and by 9:30 most people had gone home.

Jane and I, together with another married couple were finally asked to leave some time after mid-night.

The weird thing is that even up to this point I never even considered that anything would happen between us.

Anyway, on the way home she started becoming ”affectionate” – nothing serious but certainly enough for me to start considering that the evening wasn’t quite over yet.

When we arrived at her place, we sat in the car and chatted a while and then she asked me if I wanted to come into her house for a coffee.

I should just stress this point – both of us had way too much too much to drink during the evening, and I don’t drink coffee.

Nonetheless, I decided to join her inside for the coffee. Of course the coffee never materialised but I did soon find myself giving her a back rub.( Her shirt and bra had come off a bit earlier).

While I was tickling/massaging her back (and surrounding areas), I gave the whole situation some thought (And yes – I was thinking with my head and not with my dick).

I realised we were both pretty wasted and I really didn’t want to have any “issues” at work. I thought that if we were to have an evening of wild passionate steamy hot sex, we should both make that decision when our judgement was less “clouded”

By this time it was almost 2:00 am. We were both pretty tired and I suggested that we would reconsider this whole situation in the morning. (BTW - this lady is hot - she has legs that go on forever and has an extremely sexy butt).

Anyway, almost a week has since gone by and I can say that despite my very best efforts, the only interaction that we have had is a few phone calls and swapping of text messages,

In fact, things seem to have completely unraveled since last week and she has made it pretty clear that the chances of anything further happening are not good.

So my question is: On the night, should I have listened to my dick or was I correct to think with my head?
(It's going to be a hard sell to try and convince me that I did the right thing).

Good that was where I thought mistake number one happened.!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???

Lacie4U

Diamond Member

I should just stress this point – both of us had way too much too much to drink during the evening, and I don’t drink coffee.

Alcohol fueled lust/passion with a work colleague at the Christmas party usually ends awkwardly. You are not the first nor the last to experience this .

If you really like tho woman for more than her legs and hot ass but for the whole package (yes the person) why not just do it it the "old fashioned" way and talk about what happened face to face over a coffee ?

V

vader

I think you did the right thing, if you had sex and maybe saw each other for a while the inevitable break up would be way worse than what you're going through now. Chalk it up to experience.

I've been there and it's ugly...................but I still probably would have had sex with her though.

Lacie4U

Diamond Member

For the record ..i think you did the right thing not going further ...it would feel even worse. Like Vader writes "chalk it up to experience" but ignore his last comment though ..goodness Vader !!!

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
I think you did the right thing here.

You were second guessing it going further at the time, so if you had it could have ended up a fumble and not the most awesome as expected.... that would have been awkward....

and it's awkward now anyway without that being an issue....

I think it's actually quite honourable that you didn't... gentlemanly.... so kudos...

chibi

Diamond Member
Good luck mate, hope the tense situation doesn't escalate any further, your job (or worse) could be on the line if she decides to falsely accuse you of anything or spread rumours around the workplace. Best of luck.

Buk

Diamond Member
I'm not convinced you did the right thing. Alcoholic lust or not, the desire was there from your work colleague....and soon you, so there's two willing adults. I have been in your situation twice in the past and like you thought with my head ( not dick) and consequently missed out both times. And they were very cool to me at work for, I guess, not following through. It does make you think..... nice guys come last (or should I say, miss out). PS .....I'm not necessarily that nice :rolleyes:

Lacie4U

Diamond Member
Good luck mate, hope the tense situation doesn't escalate any further, your job (or worse) could be on the line if she decides to falsely accuse you of anything or spread rumours around the workplace. Best of luck.

Seriously!!! he could falsely accuse her also....dot assume all women do this. Nothing bad actually happened here in my opinion except that Zues drove a car whilst drunk!!!

chibi

Diamond Member
Seriously!!! he could falsely accuse her also....dot assume all women do this. Nothing bad actually happened here in my opinion except that Zues drove a car whilst drunk!!!

I didn't write anything about all women doing anything; nor did I write anything about the innocence of men. I'm just wishing him all the best and hoping the situation doesn't escalate.

Lacie4U

Diamond Member
I didn't write anything about all women doing anything; nor did I write anything about the innocence of men. I'm just wishing him all the best and hoping the situation doesn't escalate.

My apologies for sounding like I was accusing you, I did not mean to, I believe I did not express my self correctly. I was aghast that there should be any sort of "fall out" they are both adults its not school.

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
Hey - thanks all for the comments and advice.

This is why I really like this forum - some really good feedback from other members and this really helps to get a balanced view of things!.

Still not convinced that I did the right thing. I am thinking Buk is probably correct. Nice guys come last. :(

Happy2

Legend Member
I'm sure Monday May be a little awkward But far less than if you gave in to your base instincts Good on you Zeus You did the right thing

If there is something there I'm sure you have some brownie points up with the lady Just talk to her

Jeez I used to live for enough brownie points

Again you did the right thing Apart from the Drink Driving of course you dolt ;)

Lacie4U

Diamond Member
Hey - thanks all for the comments and advice.

This is why I really like this forum - some really good feedback from other members and this really helps to get a balanced view of things!.

Still not convinced that I did the right thing. I am thinking Buk is probably correct. Nice guys come last. :(

Clearly you are meeting the wrong people. Nice guys are winners and do come first

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Nice is like a dog rolling over so as people can tickle its tummy, when all it wants to do is to sit back and lick its own's balls..

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member

I should just stress this point – both of us had way too much to drink during the evening, and I don’t drink coffee.

Well whether you's were pretty drunk so to speak it sounds to me she is thinking you sort of stood her up, maybe that's why she is pissed at you, just my opinion.. In saying that i wouldn't take to mmuch notice of what she is saying now, more so keep playing the hard to get card and i would say if you asked her out for another drink in a few weeks and explain why you did what you did, you will end up in bed sooner than later, good luck to..