• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Say what you mean

P

Perth boy

Why do people not say what you mean? This ticks me off and a lot of people do it.
I would love a coffee, why not just ask, would you make me a coffee please.
Yes you can go to the pub, but when you get home she pissed off because you when out.

What other things do people say but mean something else?

W

WRXXXR

If i say what i really mean it'll offend or upset people but my favourite is when something is clearly wrong (we've upset them!), you ask whats wrong and "nothing" is thrown back!!

Women are certainly a strange bunch :p

Hey Perth boy, I'll try and clarify for you....

In Ladies language I find this very accurate :p
FINE: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right, and you need to shut up.
Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means half an hour. Don't be mad about this, it is just the same 5 minutes you use when it's your turn to help do things around the house.
Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine (see #1).
Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word but a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing . (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)
That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. "That's okay" means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
Thanks: A woman is thanking you – do not question or faint. Just say you're welcome.
Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "what's wrong" – for the woman's response refer to #3.
Sure, you can buy that. Refer to #6
Come here: you are a puppy
You never listen: you never listen. Prepare for #5
Whatever: Is a women's way of saying "%@&* YOU!"

Hope this helps!
Xxx

If i say what i really mean it'll offend or upset people but my favourite is when something is clearly wrong (we've upset them!), you ask whats wrong and "nothing" is thrown back!!

Hahahaha I just read this after I posted my Lady meanings.... Refer to nothing!

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Hey Perth boy, I'll try and clarify for you....

In Ladies language I find this very accurate :p
FINE: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right, and you need to shut up.
Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means half an hour. Don't be mad about this, it is just the same 5 minutes you use when it's your turn to help do things around the house.
Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine (see #1).
Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word but a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing . (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)
That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. "That's okay" means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
Thanks: A woman is thanking you – do not question or faint. Just say you're welcome.
Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "what's wrong" – for the woman's response refer to #3.
Sure, you can buy that. Refer to #6
Come here: you are a puppy
You never listen: you never listen. Prepare for #5
Whatever: Is a women's way of saying "%@&* YOU!"

Hope this helps!
Xxx

Enlightening. Lol. Also read men are from mars women are from venus.it will explain alot

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member

And so are men.......did hear same statement (the 'nothing' bit) from males several times.........followed by SIGH (from my side)........as in 'loud sigh' refering to Claire's point.;)

R.xxxxxxxx

G

Gentleman

If any man can really understand what a woman is saying them they must be a genius. If they said what they meant I would have half an idea what they're talking about.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
There have been couple of films made about this...go ask good ol Mel Gibson. You need to be a mind reader, and a riddle solver. There's expectations for you to understand their language, and you don't solve the riddle your not getting any...lol...fun and games.

e.g. "Yes you can go to the pub..." is not a complete sentence is it? I think it should follow by, if I read correctly, "but you must come home within 15 minutes of setting foot in the pub."

Happy2

Legend Member
e.g. "Yes you can go to the pub..." is not a complete sentence is it? I think it should follow by, if I read correctly, "but you must come home within 15 minutes of setting foot in the pub."
I will have dinner ready for you when you get back "I will put it between two plates Whack iin the oven if its dried out or cinders Thats not my fault is it You should of got home at a reasonable hour like other responsible husbands do"

Carlos

Silver Member
Years of marriage has taught me to go with the flow.
Whether you are in the wrong or the right, you will still be in 'The Wrong'.
I find great comfort in knowing that I am in the shit no matter what I do.
I save my anger for the bastard who ate all of the red M&Ms!!!

Happy2

Legend Member
Years of marriage has taught me to go with the flow.
Whether you are in the wrong or the right, you will still be in 'The Wrong'.
I find great comfort in knowing that I am in the shit no matter what I do.
I save my anger for the bastard who ate all of the red M&Ms!!!

There is a common theme here as chad Morgan once penned its only the depth that varies
And some mongrel ate all my red M&M's too Carlos
So if I ask Has the depth got below my chin Did you eat all the Red M&M's And she answers with a Sigh and a sad shake of the head Its yes you dumbwit but being a mere male you will never know! Or be able to read the signs we put right under your nose

J

Jessica

So your always in the shit Carlos ?? Its only the depth that varies.

J

Jessica

Men just have to use the "magic words" that save a lot of grief.........."YES DEAR" !! ...Go to the pub Perth Boy - but either take her with you, and make it so boring or unpleasant that she will never want to go again and wont mind you going. Or give her a foot massage and a block of chocolate before you go...maybe tell her youlle be home by ten and get home by 9.30pm...saying you MISSED her and couldn't wait to get back to HER !! women are easy once you work it out. The concept of "equal" energy exchange...she will probably let you go out all night next time..once she is secure.

** In response to the second statement..I say "Im fine" and "Its Ok" to my partner when Im really f*** angry.

TheCock

Legend Member
Now I have heard all these stories for years and years about women doing this and that never thinking its the truth, that they couldn't really be like this? But on and on and on it goes....Why do grown men let themselves be treated like school kids?

Im never getting married if this is the state at which you find yourselves in..

Im going to the pub!! And Ill sleep over night if I have too!! Dont want to drink and drive for safety after all

Happy2

Legend Member
But it does go both ways What about when there has been a tiff and next day at lunch the better half places her hands on your shoulder "Remember we are having dinner with my parents tonight?"
"Of course dear" and with a hint of worry in her voice
"You wont do any thing to embarrass me will you?"
"Of course not love " With a smile in your voice ,and she leaves even more worried than when she first spoke to you

C

colzilla

Now I know why I pay for it.
No wife no kids don't care don't have to.

W

WRXXXR

But a WL won't do the dishes, clean your house or make your dinner will she :p

Happy2

Legend Member
Many wives make great housekeepers colzilla I remember Zsa Zsa Gabor saying "I am a great house keeper Every time I get divorced I keep the house "

C

colzilla

I used to wonder why married men visited prostitutes. Now I know. Sick of getting their balls broken and not doing the dishes etc.
"Your my husband you will provide"

C

colzilla

AAAH Col !! Try it before you deny it

Sorry happy2. You may have been one of the lucky ones. But when it comes to marriage all I see is pain suffering and misery.
My perfect girl would have to be a nymphomaniac who's dad owns a brewery

P

Perth boy

For the record I do pritty much wot I won't in my relationship and so does she. Works a lot better that way. Don't see to many guys that are allowed to go to Thailand by themself as much as I do.

My first wife on the other hand was a bit different hence she is my X

J

Jessica

Zsa Zsa also said ...she never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back !!