• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

dan60

Diamond Member
1582180886683.png
1582180948236.png
despite ads like these......
BITD when everyone handed their cig packet around the pub, and the tables had huge ashtrays full of dimps, i decided to quit.
started to roll my own, which cut out a lot of the habit ciggies, because i had to make the effort to roll one instead of just opening a packet.
this probably cut my intake down by 50%.
after a while, i even stopped accidentally sticking 3 rizlas together out of habit.;)
i had a spell smoking a pipe, but stopped after realising that all my clothes, hair and car smelt like my grandad.
nicorettes were next, but i didn't read the instructions on the packet.
i was thoroughly chewing them, swallowing the nicotine and was violently sick.
then i learnt to rest them on my gums, like the packet says. :banghead:
i suppose a combination of nicorette, willpower and the desire to live won in the end.
i have had 3 ciggies over the last 30 years, the deep down desire never really goes away.
2 were the fault of my cousin, who brought my favourite Old Holburn rolling tobacco from the UK.
last year i tried a tailor made for a laugh (drink had been taken) and reminded me of why i quit.
but it did get my head spinning. lol
oh, and giving up smoking will not make everything taste better like they said.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
My littlest daughter kicked her cancer stick habit with a e-cig device. One I bought for her initially and she upgraded over the last twelve months. Being a tradie, it has been hard for her to quit but she has done it!
These have proved dangerous and many countries have banned them as the actual essence that is used has no control. If it is high quality it is better, if it is cheap and nasty same as home drugs, can be full of poisons.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
The best I have ever had was a product I used to buy from New Zealand and it was called Nicobrevin. Two month course and was about $120 per month. Totally natural worked well both times for me, until I went out drinking and forgot I wasnt a smoker anymore.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6486288/ Looking up this link I saw a few negative reports I would like to know more on this product.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
These have proved dangerous and many countries have banned them as the actual essence that is used has no control. If it is high quality it is better, if it is cheap and nasty same as home drugs, can be full of poisons.
She does not skimp on cost for these. But it is still far cheaper than coffin nails. As I said. I did a lot and I mean a LOT of research before buying a very expensive vape device for her.

T

Tania Admin

I gave up with Champix. 3rd time I've quit and it's been over a year now. I won't smoke again. I really mentally grossed myself out about smoking this time. The smell on my clothes, hair, skin,,,,makes me nauseated just thinking about it. The bad breath. The coloured teeth (I had them whitened after quitting this time). I won't ever go back now.

Sventek

Silver Member
I think the best thing for your situation is to chew nicotine gum for the same amount of time you would normally smoke. Patches transfer nicotine continuously, which isn't how you normally ingest it. It seems that vaping is only marginally better, and if you don't regularly change the igniter you'll just be breathing metal into your lungs.

Anustha

Sizzling chemistry in mind 💅💅
Diamond Member
My daughter told me that. Tactile stuff. It is worth trying both but I recommend (I will not tell you) to go for a vape and transition to patches as you reduce the need to go from hand to mouth with a smoke. There is nothing wrong with enjoying nicotine as it is no different from coffee but you do not smoke caffiene.
Yes,they both are addictive but different, but I am going for the vape for now and see how much it can help me.

Anustha

Diamond Member
Meditation and breathing exercises just pretend you are having a smoke raise your hand to your mouth breathe in pause then breath out do this exersize several times a day with the gum and patches and you will hopefully kick the smoking habit.
Well thats quiet interesting and a new way for doing this. Will definitely try this as wel.

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member
In my opinion Nicotine has nothing to do, the addiction lies in the white smoke (air) that comes with it if people had nicotine addiction they could simply take the gums, Best way to avoid it is to get too busy and start with some Gums/ Baked Peas/ or find something that works best

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Dont WL's smoke to get rid of the taste of condoms then the condoms get rid of the taste of the cigs..... or am I trying to hard here?

Snowy

Legend Member
I have been told not to smoke during my shift i.e for 12 hrs Night shifts.
Please give some ideas on controlling my urges of cigarettes and also some alternative of cigarettes which can calm me down during my anxiety.
Do you have any ideas?????
Hello Anustha, I stopped smoking on the 1st April last year, cold turkey no tablets, no patches & no gum. The trick is you actually have to want to stop in your head, the turning point came for me when I got the flu in March, every time I lit up a smoke I would cough so bad that I could not have more than three puffs out of a cigarette, pissed me off a bit because I had just brought the packet & I had never had a smoker's cough in my life, been smoking for 40years & I was smoking around 20 cigs a day in the finish.
So anyway my head said ''hey mate I think you should stop now'' so I did, since stopping I have not had even the slighted urge for even a puff, I used enjoy smoking not for nerves or tension or anything else I simply enjoyed smoking especially with a coffee in the morning to start the day. I know it is different for everyone but no matter what, you have to want to stop for yourself not for anyone else, personally I feel that all of the aids out there as in the tablets, gum, patches etc, is still putting nicotine in your system which makes it harder to stop, my doctor once told me if you can completely stop smoking for 2 weeks your body no longer craves for nicotine so if a person goes back to smoking after the 2 weeks then they are simply making excuses for saying that they had to. I wish you & anyone else all the best in trying to break the cycle of smoking, it's not impossible, just takes a positive outlook & thought process.

Kindest Regards Snowy.

Snowy

Legend Member
Dont WL's smoke to get rid of the taste of condoms then the condoms get rid of the taste of the cigs..... or am I trying to hard here?
Poor post even for you Phoebe, if it wasn't for the working ladies there would be a lot more sex crimes, how come you know about the taste of condoms are you speaking of experience or are you just being nasty towards others as usual.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I thought you were in IT?
She is in IT with my Kama Sutra Team. She works mostly at night time, and our smoking veranda is very close to our 15th story office. Anushka's personality is shy and she does not like going out on her own in the dark to have a cigarette. Because she was taking a second operator with her, it was causing problems for my team as when ladies get together they also like talking, so I have told her she must smoke on her own, or give up during her shift hours. What is great she is using the forum to get some ideas how to reduce her smoking during work hours.
I am also getting to know the helpful forum members better. Many business must have this problem, even in Perth & darwin I have a rule that 2 operators cannot smoke together, one they smoke more than they should, 2/ I lose too much productivity

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Poor post even for you Phoebe, if it wasn't for the working ladies there would be a lot more sex crimes, how come you know about the taste of condoms are you speaking of experience or are you just being nasty towards others as usual.
I agree with you Snowy, Phoebe plz try not to take a good educational post of subject.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member

You know condoms can be used for loads of things pardon the pun..

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Hello Anustha, I stopped smoking on the 1st April last year, cold turkey no tablets, no patches & no gum. The trick is you actually have to want...

Well said Snowy.

I will not go into details about how my ex partner damaged the mental well-being of my daughters but it played a major issue into how my littlest lady dealt with her smoking habit. She hid it from me for some time and after many long talks and many crying sessions on Daddy’s shoulder told me just what her mother put her through and why smoking was her crutch. She tried medication, patches and other things but it was the stress and addictive issues that kept her going back. In the end I spent weeks researching ecigs until I took her to a place in the southern suburbs that was highly recommended and spent a lot of money on a device. The ladies there sat her down and discussed her habit and then organised the right juice mix and programme to reduce her nicotine intake over six months. She is now not smoking and very rarely uses the ecig.

So proud of her and very happy about how every thing worked out.

Anustha

Diamond Member
Hello Anustha, I stopped smoking on the 1st April last year, cold turkey no tablets, no patches & no gum. The trick is you actually have to want to stop in your head, the turning point came for me when I got the flu in March, every time I lit up a smoke I would cough so bad that I could not have more than three puffs out of a cigarette, pissed me off a bit because I had just brought the packet & I had never had a smoker's cough in my life, been smoking for 40years & I was smoking around 20 cigs a day in the finish.
So anyway my head said ''hey mate I think you should stop now'' so I did, since stopping I have not had even the slighted urge for even a puff, I used enjoy smoking not for nerves or tension or anything else I simply enjoyed smoking especially with a coffee in the morning to start the day. I know it is different for everyone but no matter what, you have to want to stop for yourself not for anyone else, personally I feel that all of the aids out there as in the tablets, gum, patches etc, is still putting nicotine in your system which makes it harder to stop, my doctor once told me if you can completely stop smoking for 2 weeks your body no longer craves for nicotine so if a person goes back to smoking after the 2 weeks then they are simply making excuses for saying that they had to. I wish you & anyone else all the best in trying to break the cycle of smoking, it's not impossible, just takes a positive outlook & thought process.

Kindest Regards Snowy.
Thank you so much, You have done great job and will also try to find my turning point to stop it and going clod turkey completely.