• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
My littlest daughter kicked her cancer stick habit with a e-cig device. One I bought for her initially and she upgraded over the last twelve months. Being a tradie, it has been hard for her to quit but she has done it!

Anustha

Sizzling chemistry in mind ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’…
Diamond Member
My littlest daughter kicked her cancer stick habit with a e-cig device. One I bought for her initially and she upgraded over the last twelve months. Being a tradie, it has been hard for her to quit but she has done it!
Good the hear!! congrats to your daughter. I don't think I will be allowed with even E-cigarettes. I have to ask that but Thank you.

Anustha

Diamond Member
2mg Nicorette gums, available from most chemists. Who knows, you may even end up giving up smoking altogether.
I wish too that give up on it, It is just the urges which brings you down. Thank you and I will give a try to Nicorette Gums.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Good the hear!! congrats to your daughter. I don't think I will be allowed with even E-cigarettes. I have to ask that but Thank you.
Not a problem Anustha. :D

The expirant is only water vapour. My little lady sources the juices locally and they sort out the nicotine based on her habit. She has been reducing the level now for twelve months. However stress has not been kind to her due to her mother being bat shite crazy but she has done really well to kick the habit.

Hopefully your boss will not mind you using an e-cig rather than puff at a durry. Better yet your health will love you for it!

Anustha

Diamond Member
My brother is a piss pot among other things and he used patches + the Nicorette gum stopped smoking in about 6 months then Christmas day he bottled a smoke off one of the in-laws after a few drinks three months later he did the patches + gum took longer about 8 months he has not had a smoke in over 6 years
Wow!!!! That's encouraging.will try the gums with the patches and see what happens. Thank You.

Anustha

Diamond Member
Not a problem Anustha. :D

The expirant is only water vapour. My little lady sources the juices locally and they sort out the nicotine based on her habit. She has been reducing the level now for twelve months. However stress has not been kind to her due to her mother being bat shite crazy but she has done really well to kick the habit.

Hopefully your boss will not mind you using an e-cig rather than puff at a durry. Better yet your health will love you for it!
I am going to order one right now and try it.

The Voice

Diamond Member
I wish too that give up on it, It is just the urges which brings you down. Thank you and I will give a try to Nicorette Gums.
Many years ago when I was a smoker I used to travel o/s a lot. I used Nicorette gums on those 12 hour flights as you can't smoke on a plane. Eventually I realised that I could substitute Nicorette for ciggies and give them up and did just that (it still takes time to break the actual habit but the withdrawal urge goes away). As the other poster mentioned, Nicotine patches work well too but it may be a bit awkward to remove it and put it back on after each client while leaving a red mark on your skin in the shape of the patch.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Thank you!!!! I just hope that it works with me and my health in positive ways as it has for your daughter and other people.
I hope so too. :)

The more peeeps that get off the cigs the better. A lot of informed docs are now saying the nicotine is not the issue as it is just like coffee addiction wise and it is the burning of the product of course that causes the issue. Patches solve that but it is hard for smokers to deal with the hand to mouth habit. A vape assists in transiting.

I did a shite load of research when deciding to buy a vape for my littlest lady.

Anustha

Diamond Member
Many years ago when I was a smoker I used to travel o/s a lot. I used Nicorette gums on those 12 hour flights as you can't smoke on a plane. Eventually I realised that I could substitute Nicorette for ciggies and give them up and did just that (it still takes time to break the actual habit but the withdrawal urge goes away). As the other poster mentioned, Nicotine patches work well too but it may be a bit awkward to remove it and put it back on after each client while leaving a red mark on your skin in the shape of the patch.
Well!!!! you have done great for your self now it's my turn to control and see to what extent quitting cigarettes is going to affect my life.
And will try to adopt the habit of those Nicorette Gums instead of the Cigs.

Anustha

Diamond Member
I hope so too. :)

The more peeeps that get off the cigs the better. A lot of informed docs are now saying the nicotine is not the issue as it is just like coffee addiction wise and it is the burning of the product of course that causes the issue. Patches solve that but it is hard for smokers to deal with the hand to mouth habit. A vape assists in transiting.

I did a shite load of research when deciding to buy a vape for my littlest lady.
Exactly, I was also thinking the same that maybe you will replace cigarettes with those gums but what will you do with the habit of pulling the smoke inside with your mouth, which instantly gives you a sense of relaxation and ease. I think that's the tough part to quit.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Exactly, I was also thinking the same that maybe you will replace cigarettes with those gums but what will you do with the habit of pulling the smoke inside with your mouth, which instantly gives you a sense of relaxation and ease. I think that's the tough part to quit.
My daughter told me that. Tactile stuff. It is worth trying both but I recommend (I will not tell you) to go for a vape and transition to patches as you reduce the need to go from hand to mouth with a smoke. There is nothing wrong with enjoying nicotine as it is no different from coffee but you do not smoke caffiene.

Anna LD

Bong Beauty ll LT Digital Team
Legend Member
Meditation and breathing exercises just pretend you are having a smoke raise your hand to your mouth breathe in pause then breath out do this exersize several times a day with the gum and patches and you will hopefully kick the smoking habit.
this sounds interesting though but the gums are a bad idea!

T

Tania Admin

I have been told not to smoke during my shift i.e for 12 hrs Night shifts.
Please give some ideas on controlling my urges of cigarettes and also some alternative of cigarettes which can calm me down during my anxiety.
Do you have any ideas?????
Keep your hands and mind busy in between bookings..
Crosswords
Embroidery
Colouring in
Just a couple of ideas ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
You've got this :)

Obbie

Legend Member
I have been told not to smoke during my shift i.e for 12 hrs Night shifts.
Please give some ideas on controlling my urges of cigarettes and also some alternative of cigarettes which can calm me down during my anxiety.
Do you have any ideas?????
I had hypnosis done about 11 yrs ago and havenโ€™t touched one since ! If I do hold a packet I feel like ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข