• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Anustha

Sizzling chemistry in mind πŸ’…πŸ’…
Diamond Member
My littlest daughter kicked her cancer stick habit with a e-cig device. One I bought for her initially and she upgraded over the last twelve months. Being a tradie, it has been hard for her to quit but she has done it!
I was going through doing so research on vaping and E-cigs and I came through article which says it might effect your lungs the same ways coz it has also got heated tobacco in it. sharing a link below.

Anustha

Diamond Member
These are few guide points to help in quitting cigarettes,which I came across while during a bit of research on quitting Cigarettes.
Please have a look and tell me if you agree with these points or your own methods were more effective.????

Anustha

Diamond Member

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
I was going through doing so research on vaping and E-cigs and I came through article which says it might effect your lungs the same ways coz it has also got heated tobacco in it. sharing a link below.

Problem is like most things you can speak to a doctor and get another opinion supported by research they have found, it is such a minefield. I heard a prominent Perth doctor on 6PR last week say that it is not the nicotine that is bad for you rather how that nicotine is delivered and that Vapes were an extremely effective tool for quitting cigarettes but should not be used as an alternative. The majority of callers agreed with him with many telling a similar story to what my daughter experienced. Certainly as a tool for stopping smoking it worked for my daughter as she is not smoking cigarettes and rarely uses the ecig device now (tends to be when she is very stressed). The mere smell of cigs now makes her feel very ill.

Choosing the right device that is really important and also vape juices vary in quality and price as well. The cheap crap is most likely to have chemicals in it just as bad as the crap in cigarettes (it is those chemicals in cigarettes that are the primary cause of cancers). My daughter was paying nearly $100 for a small bottle when she was purchasing and those contained the correct amount of nicotine to mimic the mg of the cigarettes she was previously smoking.

Last edited:

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
Tried the champix NEVER again sent me all over the place mentally apparently they are supposed to suppress the erg to smoke o_O:oops:
they are actually an antidepressant, which is probably why you felt this way

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
tried it all and have smoked from a real young age.. Only time i stopped for about 6 months was mind over matter until i started drinking again, gonski

Isabella Rose

Silver Member
take deep breaths to help with your anxiety, keep yourself busy with things to do so it's not on your mind. also good to be prepare before going in cold turkey, nicotine gum, lozenges an the patches are also good ways to help. xx

Snowy

Legend Member
tough but working on it.
Just think clearly on why you want to stop smoking, do it for yourself not for anyone else, you & only you are in charge of your thoughts, if you are ready to stop smoking then do it, you don't need gum, patches, tablets or anything else. I know that everyone is different but in my opinion taking things to help you stop is defeating the purpose of stopping, by using the gum etc etc you are still putting nicotine into your system so what's the point in that. My doctor told me that if you don't have a smoke for two weeks then your body stops craving the nicotine, so that's the first step. I haven't had a smoke now for 11 months & 13 days something that I'm proud of , I never thought that I could ever stop smoking but I did & I did it cold turkey, & if you really want to Anustha you can do it , all it takes is being positive in you mind because the brain is the key to everything in our bodies, you have everyone's support in quitting.
Kindest Regards Snowy.

Anustha

Diamond Member
Just think clearly on why you want to stop smoking, do it for yourself not for anyone else, you & only you are in charge of your thoughts, if you are ready to stop smoking then do it, you don't need gum, patches, tablets or anything else. I know that everyone is different but in my opinion taking things to help you stop is defeating the purpose of stopping, by using the gum etc etc you are still putting nicotine into your system so what's the point in that. My doctor told me that if you don't have a smoke for two weeks then your body stops craving the nicotine, so that's the first step. I haven't had a smoke now for 11 months & 13 days something that I'm proud of , I never thought that I could ever stop smoking but I did & I did it cold turkey, & if you really want to Anustha you can do it , all it takes is being positive in you mind because the brain is the key to everything in our bodies, you have everyone's support in quitting.
Kindest Regards Snowy.
yeah! you are right the mind is actually the key to everything which connects to you. The mind has to be filled with strong thoughts so that you do not get diverted from your purpose. It is a bit hard for me sometimes when I see someone smoking in front of me but yeah at then of the I know I want to stop it no matter what!

Anustha

Diamond Member
take deep breaths to help with your anxiety, keep yourself busy with things to do so it's not on your mind. also good to be prepare before going in cold turkey, nicotine gum, lozenges an the patches are also good ways to help. xx
I am using normal mint chewing gums so that I do not put nicotine in my body, have been doing yoga and exercise to help my anxiety, I have been feeling a lot better but you know how it is when you have been a smoker and suddenly you just want to go cold turkey.

Snowy

Legend Member
I am using normal mint chewing gums so that I do not put nicotine in my body, have been doing yoga and exercise to help my anxiety, I have been feeling a lot better but you know how it is when you have been a smoker and suddenly you just want to go cold turkey.
Fresh fruit & plenty of water is also good, I'm right into green & red grapes at the moment they are so sweet in taste.

stovo82

Diamond Member
Quit smoking now it may help you survive corona virus.
Smoking greatly increases your chances of dying from the Corona virus.
Healthy alternatives to smoking are vaping and nicotine gum/sprays.

Anustha

Diamond Member
yeah! this coronavirus is something that has put everything into a bad place around the world. I just hope and pray that it stops very very soon,so that no more damages should happen.

Snowy

Legend Member
Wouldn't recommend any of those, one of my mates father got right into the nicotine gums to try to help him quit smoking, it worked for him, but sadly he got mouth & throat cancer & sadly died 2 years after he stopped smoking.

Katherine

Reception @DarwinLangtrees
Silver Member
Please keep us posted on how you go controlling!
I myself have just cut down a lot due to being sick.
I wish you luck on your Journey. 😍

Anustha

Diamond Member
I will and talking to you guys and taking suggestions has actually helped me a lot mentally so thank you.
And you take care of your self as people with low immunity tend to fall sick often. Like me.

Snowy

Legend Member
Hello Katherine, I got the flu midway through March, it was the key to me stopping cold turkey, I would cough badly when I took a drag on my smoke for a minute or so, this had never happened to me before, this went on every time I had a smoke & I could only have maybe 3 or 4 puffs out of every cigarette that I put into my mouth. This worried me so much because being a dry cough I started to cough up blood. I said to myself wake up mate you have to stop smoking now before it's too late, which I did straight away on the 1st of April 2019, it was like a switch went off in my head , I can honestly say that I have not have a single craving for even a puff for past 11 months, starting to feel healthier, my breathing is fantastic, & it takes a while to feel better health wise because your body has to deal with a lot of other chemicals in the cigs not just the nicotine, hope everyone has success in giving up, if you don't succeed the first time you try then try again when you are ready, it took me three goes at stopping but this time my brain told me it was time to stop. I hope you get well soon.