• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.

Coronavirus Outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member

Plumage

Diamond Member
The Americans are also looking at using a malaria drug for coronavirus. Fingers crossed.

T

Tania Admin

View attachment 92705

I saw a report on this this morning.

"Doctors at Sawai Man Singh (SMS) Hospital, Jaipur first treated her with a combination of two drugs useful in HIV treatment– Lopinavir 200mg and Ritonavir 50mg twice a day. Before the use of these second-line HIV drugs on the patients, the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) on the request of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) permitted the “restricted” use of the mix of medications lopinavir and ritonavir. The doctors also gave her chloroquine (useful in the treatment of malaria) and oseltamivir (useful in swine flu treatment). "
Source: In the above link

Though it is promising, it has not worked for everyone and can be contra to some medical conditions and medications.

Nearly every bio scientist in the world is presently working on a Vaccine. Fingers crossed it comes soon.
Will be interesting to see anti-vaxxers stances on this.

dan60

Diamond Member

"Doctors at Sawai Man Singh (SMS) Hospital, Jaipur first treated her with a combination of two drugs useful in HIV treatment– Lopinavir 200mg and Ritonavir 50mg twice a day. Before the use of these second-line HIV drugs on the patients, the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) on the request of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) permitted the “restricted” use of the mix of medications lopinavir and ritonavir. The doctors also gave her chloroquine (useful in the treatment of malaria) and oseltamivir (useful in swine flu treatment). "

Though it is promising, it has not worked for everyone and can be contra to some medical conditions and medications.

Nearly every bio scientist in the world is presently working on a Vaccine. Fingers crossed it comes soon.
mmmmmmmmmmm i think the recovery of 2 patients who may or may not have recovered without the drugs is a bit sus.
i sincerely hope it stops the major effects of the virus.
call me a sceptic, but i think i would believe it if they tested 1000 elderly positive patients with 99% recovery.
or something along the lines of proper clinical testing.

Sherry

Legend Member

Yes just found this on ABC News website using the same drugs
https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/...ccines-to-treat-and-prevent-covid-19/12067496

dan60

Diamond Member
the queensland doctor was interviewed on tv about 2 weeks ago, explaining how they were 'playing' around with HIV & malaria drugs.
but good on the ABC for raking up old news and copying and pasting it into a new story.
a few countries are showing interest and dabbling in the HIV/malaria area, let's hope one of them cracks it soon.

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
T

Tania Admin

the queensland doctor was interviewed on tv about 2 weeks ago, explaining how they were 'playing' around with HIV & malaria drugs.
but good on the ABC for raking up old news and copying and pasting it into a new story.
a few countries are showing interest and dabbling in the HIV/malaria area, let's hope one of them cracks it soon.
I read today (I will try find the link) that an Australian billionaire is donating the money for 1 million doses of the malaria drug.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
A mate who's a Licensed Plumber working in Kwinana was told today by his company, No matter what happens while the place he's at is still running he's employed.... and was told to always report for work... Likewise the Licensed electricians. The company told them they still have contracts overseas for product so they won't be shutting down.

N

Night Owl Ciao

A mate who's a Licensed Plumber working in Kwinana was told today by his company, No matter what happens while the place he's at is still running he's employed.... and was told to always report for work... Likewise the Licensed electricians. The company told them they still have contracts overseas for product so they won't be shutting down.
Plumbers & Electricians fall under the category of Essential services I expect mate

Status
Not open for further replies.