• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.
F

Fond Goodbye

Both....and by the way, why has no one called out "ass"?

An ass is a donkey or mule. Outside of that, it's another Americanism.

In Australia, we say "arse".
Yes, the word "asrse" sounds so much better than "ass". Please bear in mind moderators, this is an Australian site

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Both....and by the way, why has no one called out "ass"?

An ass is a donkey or mule. Outside of that, it's another Americanism.

In Australia, we say "arse".

You also eat McDonalds, use Iphones , wear Levi jeans teamed with Nike runners, Australian culture/lingo was pushed aside long time ago by America. Same Globally.

Reactions: 456

You also eat McDonalds, use Iphones , wear Levi jeans teamed with Nike runners, Australian culture/lingo was pushed aside long time ago by America. Same Globally.

The point is that English is and always has been a mix of all sorts of influences, which is probably its biggest strength. It's not like the French, for example, who are paranoid about how their language is used (which comes across a just sounding elitist/arrogant TBH ). Start taking out words/phrases that you object to that are not an example of local "pure" English (whatever that might be) and there wouldn't be much of the language left !! There are some Aussie slang phrases/words that have gone the other way and I've never heard them (USA) "complain" about the fact - more often than not they actually like it !! English is and always will be evolving for its users which will help to keep it vibrant and relevant.

(BTW my masters was in the area of language and culture, my thesis was on the impact of English around the world...;) )

Cheers!! FB

ozwarlock67

Legend Member

Haven't eaten that shit from McDonalds in years, never worn Levis or Nike. But I have an iphone admittedly.

Don't even watch that Home and Away garbage with Alf always saying "Struth" or "Stone the flamin' crows".

No Australian has talked like that in 40 years.

RachelB

Intoxicating Muse
Silver Member
Well that’s great news. You have my details. I advertise on a number of websites so if you have further queries please get in touch and I would be delighted to make your acquaintance. 0421939792 😘

Senfam

Gold Member
I agree that poise, brains and a sense of humour are big turn on's then just the physical aspect , but that being said I am a bums man, a woman curves down below really turn me on.

T

Tania Admin

Personality and class then the figure doesn't really count too much.

C

Cardinal Voiello

Bums, all the way

Attachments

• 5ada7de91bb72_bendoversmall.jpg.4391ffb43f2706fa617ba8fb9d0ff2dd.jpg
    5ada7de91bb72_bendoversmall.jpg.4391ffb43f2706fa617ba8fb9d0ff2dd.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 12