Wise Words of Wisdom...

L

Langtrees VIP 6

When one door closes another door opens
but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door
that we do not see the ones which open for us

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
images

T

Tania Admin

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
images

I have always loved the quote from the beautiful and intelligent Marilyn Monroe :)

A

Al Swearengen

images

I prefer Marilyn's other quote: Interviewer about Playboys Photoshoot: "So what were you wearing during the photoshoot?"
Marliyn: "Chanel number 5"

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
I may be drunk Sir, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

If I recall correctly, these words were an exchange between a British Politician, by the name of Mary Astor ( first British female PM) and the then Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill. And they went something like this... Churchill was addressing a group of people and Mary Astor was within the group, but from the opposite side of politics to Churchill... Whilst Churchill, who was a brilliant orator, was speaking Mary Astor called out " You are Drunk Sir".... Quick as a flash Churchill replied with "Madam, you are UGLY...in the morning I will be sober"

C

Contrarian

"you can look at the past but don't stare".

--- goodnight mate, rest in peace.

L

Langtrees VIP 6

One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it​

L

Langtrees VIP 6

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Nelson Mandela

Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member
Words of wisdom mmmmmm... Reflection is a necessary mediator to put things into perspective. And a lesson that I learned recently don't look at people through rose coloured glasses. Look deeply and always listen to your own gut feelings. Watch their body language it is a true indicator of what is true or false.

Dallas

Legend Member
Words of wisdom mmmmmm... Reflection is a necessary mediator to put things into perspective. And a lesson that I learned recently don't look at people through rose coloured glasses. Look deeply and always listen to your own gut feelings. Watch their body language it is a true indicator of what is true or false.

That's probably the wisest words of wisdom I've heard, I always try and live by this but do slip up from time to time, great to have the reminder :)

L

Langtrees VIP 6

“Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.”

What happens to you in life is not nearly as important as your reactions to these happenings.

smiley-face-free-smileys-emoticons-smile-150796.jpg

L

Langtrees VIP 6

Good things come to those who wait…
Greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.

Dallas

Legend Member
Surfing is like relationships, one minute you're riding a great wave, the next minute your being dumped surf.gif

Being a musician is like relationships, you have to be in tune with your emotions then you have to have a good feel pardon.gif

L

Langtrees VIP 6

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something​

Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member
Another couple for you Dallas
Don't take things personally: What other people say about you is their reality not yours

Grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, change the things I can and give me the wisdom to know the difference

Dallas

Legend Member
Thanks Viv, I like those especially taking things personally, I'm over sensitive like that.

One I have of my own that I've learned through my career is: Don't stress about things you have no control over especially when all those around you are!

Pariss69

Gold Member
Thanks Viv, I like those especially taking things personally, I'm over sensitive like that.

One I have of my own that I've learned through my career is: Don't stress about things you have no control over especially when all those around you are![/QUOTE

I love that saying dont stress the small stuff Happy days....:)