• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Wise Words of Wisdom...

C

Contrarian

"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name"

L

Langtrees VIP 6

Experience is pure gold. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want​

L

Langtrees VIP 6

"Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have"

L

Langtrees VIP 6

Spotted this today..How true...

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver"

Zane_1

Gold Member
Some great words here.

Myself, I have to keep reminding myself of the old special services motto: "Who Dares Wins"

Its pretty simple and may even seem glib these days ... but with no risk comes no reward.

T

Tania Admin

Each day is "the first day of the rest of your life", we are lucky to have a fresh start everday, embrace the opportunities that come your way today, yesterday is gone :)

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Overcoming adversity can seem like losing excess weight.
- it is not immediate
- it takes patience
- it takes discipline
- it takes time
- it takes effort
- it takes sacrafice
But it is a must.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The act of a GO GETTER is the intention for success. To be a GO GIVER is proof of success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are 8 weeks away from your ultimate dreams. Now decide when these 8 weeks are going to begin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cant give what you haven't got. So give yourself love, time, respect, compassion, and occasionally spoil yourself.

SAO26.2

Wiink. I'll Do the Rest
Gold Member
Think Stone Age, not New Age:
sex is primordial, the meek do not inherit the earth, and never apologize for what you want.

C

Contrarian

There used to be an ad agency (a very good one too) that launched itself with a very simple effective campaign in the 80s. It said, "The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth. Bollocks!. "

And the rest as they say was hysteria. They went on to many great effective campaigns and disbanded.

S

Sandi Lang

“Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown

Dallas

Legend Member
The Peter Principle:
Anything that works will be used in progressively more challenging applications until it fails.

ie in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence", meaning that employees tend to be promoted for being good at their jobs until they reach a position at which they cannot work competently and there they'll remain.

Peter, Laurence J; Hull, Raymond (1969)

sunyun

Legend Member
I may be drunk Sir, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill said that in reply to a Member of Parliament who told him he should be ashamed for being drunk in the Parliament Lounge. One of the greatest replies of all time.

Happy2

Legend Member
Yes sunyun that is part one of the many great verbal jousts he had with Nancy Astor . One of my favourites is
Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

L

Langtrees VIP 6

Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
Some VERY good 'Pearls of Wisdom' there. My dear departed Mother always told me... "believe ALL of what you SEE, half of what you READ... And NONE of what you 'Hear'

L

Langtrees VIP 6

"believe ALL of what you SEE, half of what you READ... And NONE of what you 'Hear'
Love it..how true