Will the West Coast win its first Wooden Spoon

F

Farm Boy

Eagles will avoid the WOODEN SPOON if they can win the next three games Geelong at Skilled Stadium is going to be tough though .

nitsuj_sebon

Bronze Member
Think they have got it now

but there were signs of pomise at stages, 12 goals from leccras

and some other nice kids coming through

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzz

Foundation Member
West Coast have got lots to look forward to..... like another 3 years on the bottom. it cant even be said that the only way is up. With the Gold coast team coming in next year worst Coast can drop to 17th !!!

adam74

Silver Member
The Eagles have some real problems I think. During the glory years they had probably the best midfield in the competition: Cox, Judd, Kerr and Cousins. Cox is on his last legs, Kerr is probably buggered and the other two are gone. With that level of class out the gulf between them and the 2nd tier players is very large. They don't have enough quality "role players" (oooo err, missus) in the team to do the less flashy stuff. Every good side has them. The rest of the blokes are still young, but with two extra teams in the draft, it will be slim pickings for any team without a decent list for the next couple of years.

F

Farm Boy

Well today is the end of the Eagles worst ever year. The question is were did it go wrong and why, also did club administrator's and coaching staff lack the necessary moral authority to stamp out there drug culture problem when it was first evident.

W

WRXXR

Thats an important point farm boy.

I assume many people watched the Cousins documentary and regardless of whether you thought he was remorseful or not i think its very clear that WCE knew about his problem.

I have 4 or 5 people who work for me and i can tell if something is up let alone if one of them is on the gear. Drugs are everywhere in footy and with a workplace of 30+ people, it would be very hard to keep secrets like that. Especially when you have other players using.

Still he was paid to play good footy, function well and put on a show for the supporters. Thats exactly what he did i guess!

Onwithit

nights are a waste of time
Gold Member
"West Coast Eagles" have changed their name to "The Chicken Nuggets"
Go! Chicken Nuggets, Go! Chicken Nuggets, Go! Chicken Nuggets, Rha! Rha! Rha!

F

Farm Boy

Apologies for baiting West Coast fans last year I will not do that again.
Now were will the Eagles come this year. My guess 14th.

Last edited by a moderator:

aarsam

Silver Member
I am a lions supporter but sadly have to acknowledge the fact that they are contenders for the spoon this year.

W

wingman

I am a lions supporter but sadly have to acknowledge the fact that they are contenders for the spoon this year.

With Fevola being sacked, Brown with groin injuries and a couple of lads heading down to gold coast, I'd tend to agree :eek:

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
no need to worry guys you'll have the eagle's fans to keep you company again

Fudd

Foundation Member
Hey Bepp......any chance of letting us know who you support? You've bagged the eagles in your posts but we have no idea who you actually support.

Fudd

Happy2

Legend Member
Thats your problem Farmboy guesswork. Follow your heart and put your team in the running every year bugger the experts.
I have followed my AFL &WAFL teams faithfully for decades and it was worth years of ragging to see them do so well last year and one of them so good again this.