What is something popular now that annoys you?

dan60

Diamond Member
used to be people who said "look" before starting a sentence.
where i come from, that word was was usually the start of someone having a go at you.
so over like time i got sort of like got you know used to it.
my answer was, if someone started with 'look', i would physically start looking up & down and all around.
when questioned about my behaviour, i simply told them that they told me to look, and i was looking.

now it's the word 'so' in front of a sentence that annoys me.
i'm still thinking of a response.
maybe i'll just quickly say "no, i don't sew"

T

Tania Admin

People who text slang. Like How r u? What u doin? etc
Drives me crazy.:banghead:
My adult children don't do it to me because I've always told them I can't stand it.

That's what most definitely drives me nuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tania Admin

The "coca-colonization" of Australia by American media and tastes. The Australian accent has become more Americanized now, I'm sick of hearing Americanisms like "awesome", seeing high fives, fist bumps and "it's all good". "Girlfriend", the American slangterm is a particular irritation. Halloween is an American practice as is Thanksgiving but it's invaded these shores.

I don't expect to hear Australian phrases like "ripper", "you little beauty", "arvo" or "biro" or "treadly" all the time but they've disappeared rapidly.
Halloween is actually much older than the America's. It started with the Celts festival Samhain,more than 2000 years ago.

Drinkwater

Gold Member
Breakfast radio. I'm not usually that chipper in the morning at the best of times but being stuck in traffic listening to three people talk about what they did at home the night before sends me right over the edge. No matter how hard and loud they laugh at each others jokes it doesn't make them funnier. Just shut up and play music.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Corporate tax cuts, mining and cotton farming subsidies, advertising

That's your answer but I'm also interested in Terti's as he brought up the complaint.
Having seen what you describe as a waste - can you tell me why? Why are corporate tax cuts useless crap? Ditto mining and cotton farming? Where's mining subsidized - you've got me there. Advertising - what's the problem with that? I'm curious - educate us.

stovo82

Diamond Member
In the modern world masculine men are regarded as less attractive than feminine pretty boys. In the old days more masculine men were regarded as more attractive than feminine pretty boys. Well groomed, botox, fake tan, fancy dress men are regarded as more attractive in modern world than more rugged masculine men.

Men face an identity crisis, masculine men are silenced and shut down by feminist societies in western world countries. Women have become more masculine and men are forced to become more feminine. Feminine men of today would get beaten up in the past but now it is required to be a feminine man and kowtow to the feminist claptrap to fit into modern society.

Pluck a Duck

Fnck a duck!
Bronze Member
Right on brother! All this bullsh!t about putting the toilet seat down or paying for their dinner on a date. I remember once a streetwalker approached me and said she'd do anything I want for $150. I gave her a tin of paint to paint my house, showed her where the lawnmower was and told her to mow the lawn when the painting was done and she walked off in a huff! Wouldn't even wash the dishes or make my bed despite the so called "girlfriend" experience! Luckily I hadn't paid her yet! Had to give myself a hand shandy to make up for it all!

Talk about false advertising. Bloody hell!:D

Treecat

Gold Member
Breakfast radio. I'm not usually that chipper in the morning at the best of times but being stuck in traffic listening to three people talk about what they did at home the night before sends me right over the edge. No matter how hard and loud they laugh at each others jokes it doesn't make them funnier. Just shut up and play music.
I agree. I spend a lot of my time on the road, and if it isn't the djs talking crap, it is the same songs, over and over. Thankfully, I have an ipod full of audiobooks!

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I agree. I spend a lot of my time on the road, and if it isn't the djs talking crap, it is the same songs, over and over. Thankfully, I have an ipod full of audiobooks!

You an interstate truckie?