What is something popular now that annoys you?

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Continuing on with my grumpy old man theme, what's something popular that annoys you?

For me, it's Gogglebox. It's a TV show about people watching TV! The CompareTV site shows the ratings , it's one of the most popular shows on TV. This is bizarre to me.

I don't watch it, mind you, I guess I'm just annoyed that we live in a world where this exists :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Terti

Gold Member
Continuing on with my grumpy old man theme, what's something popular that annoys you?

For me, it's Gogglebox. It's a TV show about people watching TV! The CompareTV site shows the ratings , it's one of the most popular shows on TV. This is bizarre to me.

I don't watch it, mind you, I guess I'm just annoyed that we live in a world where this exists :) :)
Yea , I never got that show either , bizarre concept. The reality shows are all all staged , heavily edited , contestants are told what to say . Don’t get too grumpy pause, look at all the good things in life and surround yourself with positive people .

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Yea , I never got that show either , bizarre concept. The reality shows are all all staged , heavily edited , contestants are told what to say . Don’t get too grumpy pause, look at all the good things in life and surround yourself with positive people .
Being grumpy is kind of a hobby now, heheh :)

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
Love Island Half naked girls & boys. Put them.on a Island then kiss each other & hopefully find ❤️

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I agree, phones are big addiction , but are here to stay I’m afraid

I've nothing against mobile phones being here to stay but THE MANNERS that people have abandoned along the way are shocking! It's commonplace now to see people in restaurants and cafes blabbing away loudly instead of going out of the venue or putting their phones on silent before dining.

Others sit in places like workplace dining rooms and just ignore others and text away. It's worse still when you've got 5 or 6 people texting away and leaving the person who's not texting totally ignored. And then there are peabrains who text and drive.

Last edited:

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Vaping! Some of those scents are overpowering, sickly and hang around for hours in the air and on clothes!!
Oh absolutely! It's weird, I get wanting to look cool and rebellious, and young people have been doing that for centuries with smoking. But the scents these day!

Who thinks to themselves "I want to look like John Wayne, but smell like Ariana Grande's bathroom"?

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
The "coca-colonization" of Australia by American media and tastes. The Australian accent has become more Americanized now, I'm sick of hearing Americanisms like "awesome", seeing high fives, fist bumps and "it's all good". "Girlfriend", the American slangterm is a particular irritation. Halloween is an American practice as is Thanksgiving but it's invaded these shores.

I don't expect to hear Australian phrases like "ripper", "you little beauty", "arvo" or "biro" or "treadly" all the time but they've disappeared rapidly.

HoratioN

Bronze Member
I mean, you know, like all those useless filler words.
I mean, you know, people say, “I was like lost in the airport,” when, “I was lost in the airport” would be quite sufficient.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Cable tv like Netflix and Foxtel. People sit on their bums all weekend or weekdays gorging on marathon sessions and stuff their faces full of Uber. They've forgotten social graces like inviting people round for dinner or going out or spending time with family or engaging in intelligent conversation.

Pluck a Duck

Fnck a duck!
Bronze Member
Real estate agents and the real estate industry. There's a trend that began maybe about 20 years ago. Today's papers, they're complaining about how the housing market's the pits i.e. they're not making as much money as they used to due to the economy and people afraid to spend money.

BUT...

If you look at Saturday's or Sunday's papers, they've made housing expensive. Lots of us grew up in 3 bedroom, one bathroom, one car park housing and have lived to tell the tale and are okay. You can't find such housing plans anymore 'cos the builders don't offer them. Is it because they're too cheap and builders want to make more money? Nearest you can get to such thing is units.

So the builders then offer 4beds, 2 baths, 2 car parking and a home theatre for the bigger bucks. What ever happened to choice?

When was the last time you saw a house building ad for a wooden house or a weatherboard house? Many Perth people grew up in them.

Finally, if the real estate market's bad, is it because the real estate agents are asking for commissions that are too high? How about lowering your commissions and passing them on to the seller/buyer?

It's a trend that's annoying me.

lucylee

Gold Member
Too much noises about war suffering and pain. Too much negativity you can only look twice on Donald Trumps face on everything then you go coco. Too spoon-feed all of it on tv and social media thats really draining . My phone is true HATE AND LOVE relationship .. Trying to get away i'll have more peace relax mind

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
They take money from us who work hard and spend it on useless crap . If they used the money for useful stuff I wouldn’t care , but to waste it is just crap.

Can you give me 3 examples of the useless crap? I'm just curious.