• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

watchman_13

I'm reading four books at the moment - franz kafka's the trial, romans for dummies, the original sweeny todd novel and a teach yourself photography book.

Thought I'd contribute to this thread...

L

Link83

Hi all, well I shouldn't be here, but I keep getting called to have a look. So I look.

I am reading Dawkin's "God Delusion". Well I got up to the dripping tap being messages from God in Morse Code! Now I atually know Morse code, so there I was trying to sleep last night (I have a terrible flu at the moment and can't enjoy the long weekend) and sure enough God tapped out a message from the ensuite. It was, "xyzzy" over and over! Now if someone could just tell me what it means it would save me alot of monkey business...

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
I have read when a young lad, "The perfumed garden." This is a sex manual. I wonder if anybody else has ever read it? In the book there is a section that describes a woman is like a fruit that needs to be caressed to have her scent released.

I should find it in my bookshelf and read it right now!
:walk:

BarbieAmore

Member Forever
Foundation Member
Just finished reading A.A.Attansio "In other worlds" and "Radix". And last Stephen Donaldson book cant wait for him to write the next one
Currently reading J.R.R.Tolkien :The Silmarillion" and Peter F. Hamilton "Pandora's Star"
Im mad on sci-fi fantasy

T

TemptMe

Just finished "The Ice Man" and started on "Sophie's World"... Never enough hours in the day to spend reading!!!

T

thesdrift

Just finished reading Lady Chatterly. Well, can't say i liked the characters, they too closely resembled people I was once close to...But the English was sublime...and one full chapter (written in about 1930) devoted to anal - the sexual mind of the human hasn't changed all that much i guess

K

kelth73

Ive just finished "secret life of bees"
Now im reading "Gone Baby Gone", much better than the movie. That was a crock of shit...
I love reading anything even bloody specials catalogues

D

dwsampson

Currently reading Tom Clancy's Red Rabbit for about the 15th time. I love his work so much that I can read it again even though I know the plot know backwards.

Recently read some of Kyle Mills's works. He is a very clever thriller writer who's work is almost believable but obviously fictional so it lets your imagination have a bit of fun at the same time. Smoke Screen would be my tip - it deals with a young man in charge of a Tobacco Company who basically forces smokers to accept responsibility for what may happen to their health otherwise he will stop producing cigarettes.

fifoboy

Gold Member
Reading the Bear and the Dragon again... I thought he slipped with Red Rabbit and the Teeth of the Tiger.

D

dwsampson

RR is pretty simple when you compare it to some of his other work but I still enjoy the idea and use of the Mincemeat case.

I'm a big fan of The Bear and The Dragon, the way he wraps together the different sub plots is very clever. Actually I think i'll start that one after I finish RR thanks fifiboy!

S

smc2009

The Long Way Down......Makes you wanna jump on your motorbike and ride....

D

DerekZ

been reading the Bourne series lately, amazing books i had previously seen the movies but the books were before my time.

really enjoying them, long and sometimes hard reading if you are tired but so well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.