Weird weather today

Demon

Legend Member
What weird weather we are having today.

This leads into six days forecast to be 35 or higher. A week for indoors in airconditioning.

With a sexy and horny lady or two, or more..:la::la::la:

A

AlexandraSilk

Oh Demon, I do love how a conversation so neutral as the weather can by flipped into one about sex.

J

jaxonjorja

:laughing4 Alexandra, guys have a natural tendency to be able to bring the topic of sex into any discussion. I would have thought you'd have picked up that trait in us by now :laughing4

rangamuffin

Bronze Member
Who needs air conditioning? Much more fun getting really hot, sweaty and sticky. Maybe I'm just one of those people that likes the heat. Always really horny after a couple of hours at the beach!

G

Ghost Protocol

Who needs air conditioning? Much more fun getting really hot, sweaty and sticky. Maybe I'm just one of those people that likes the heat. Always really horny after a couple of hours at the beach!

SORRY but "f" that ! give me a roaring fire , snow and ski bunnies , any day , any time , any where .. when u r cold u can always do something to stay warm ... but when u r sunburnt , cooked through from 12 hours @ work , get home to a stinking hot house , that takes a week to cool off .. i cant think of a worse hell .. where are the afternoon cool changes ?? .. they just dont exist ... its 29 @ 5 am in the morning for fuck sake , and 42 deg in the shade , and 58 deg in the cab of the rig im driving , do u think management will fix the air con ? u must be kidding ,,..
when i jump in the car @ 4am , and crank the air conditioning up on the drive to work .you know its going to be a crap day .... 6 days of it ?? shit man ....i still .. drink 6 litres of fluid a day , but still get home dehydrated . pffftttt stick your summer , i feel for the tradies , but at least they have the sense to go to the pub @ 10am ..
and knock off !
j

J

jaxonjorja

Lol. Sorry to laugh Ghost Protocol, but the accuracy of your analogy is spot on! An old work car of mine had what I called "2/80 air-conditioning". 2 windows down at 80km/h. Ggrrrrr

G

Ghost Protocol

i dont mind mate , but people on a stinking hot day don't go out of your way to piss of a truck driver ..90tonnes vs a 1.5tonne car ... isnt a good mix! by all means go around us , or let us go through ... dont ever stop us while u play with your smart phone at the lights !
j

J

jaxonjorja

...or not very smart phone as the case might be! I agree with you. Should be a more severe penalty for mobile phone usage whilst driving, than for speeding IMHO!
To put a bit of perspective to this discussion on the current Perth weather ie heat, I was recently in Darkhan, Mongolia. The temperature there as we speak is -35 degrees celcius! WTF!! Ok, ok, but what temperature does it get to in Summer, I hear you say. Up to +40 degrees celcius. The benefit there though is that the humidity rarely gets above 20%

Attachments

• Mongolia.jpg
    Mongolia.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4
  • Darkhan.jpg
    Darkhan.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4

Demon

Legend Member
...or not very smart phone as the case might be! I agree with you. Should be a more severe penalty for mobile phone usage whilst driving, than for speeding IMHO!

The problem is distraction while driving. ANY mobile phone use is dangerous. Handsfree use is no less dangerous than holding the handset. (As proven in all studies).

Handsfree phone use has the same effect on driving ability and accidents as being drunk while driving.

But the authorities want ban phone use in cars. Dorrington (when he was chair of Road Safety in WA once said "you will not ban my handsfree phone". But he recommended banning handheld phones [which ban did occur] even though the research said it had to be all phone use).

This is just one example of the police and other authorities focussing on the wrong issue to get revenue and the road toll does not decrease.

A

Alecia the Foxx

Ok, then what about smoking while driving? It seems to me that heaps of people who smoke while driving go on about mobile phone use while driving. I personally know a girl who killed someone whilst driving because she took her eyes off the road to light a cigarette and smashed into someone.

Also what about eating while driving? This is just as dangerous as smoking or talking on the phone.

What about having children in the car while driving. EVEN IF RESTRAINED children can be extremely distracting, especially if they are yelling for a period of time.

Changing the radio station while driving is distracting too.

The list goes on and on. I personally think mobile phone use while driving should be allowed but NOT texting. That is seriously stupid, but most of us have done it. Otherwise it should also be illegal to smoke, eat, and change the radio station while driving.

Demon

Legend Member
Ok, then what about smoking while driving? It seems to me that heaps of people who smoke while driving go on about mobile phone use while driving. I personally know a girl who killed someone whilst driving because she took her eyes off the road to light a cigarette and smashed into someone.

Also what about eating while driving? This is just as dangerous as smoking or talking on the phone.

Back before mobile phones existed these two were also tested and the same result was found. The distraction produced the same results as drunk driving.

So, you are correct Alecia.

J

jaxonjorja

Back before mobile phones existed these two were also tested and the same result was found. The distraction produced the same results as drunk driving.

So, you are correct Alecia.

And in some situations they ARE illegal. If ANYTHING you do in the car causes you to be distracted and a :police: sees you, they will pull you over and charge you for dangerous driving (or some similar charge).
Some may label Alecia's argument as "reduction to the ridiculous". Take out all potential distractions until it is completely safe. If that was the case, the safest speed to drive your car at is 0km/h. No, there does need to be some responsibility put into the privileged skill of driving, but you can eliminate some of the less necessary distractions such as mobile phone use.

A

Alecia the Foxx

And in some situations they ARE illegal. If ANYTHING you do in the car causes you to be distracted and a :police: sees you, they will pull you over and charge you for dangerous driving (or some similar charge).
Some may label Alecia's argument as "reduction to the ridiculous". Take out all potential distractions until it is completely safe. If that was the case, the safest speed to drive your car at is 0km/h. No, there does need to be some responsibility put into the privileged skill of driving, but you can eliminate some of the less necessary distractions such as mobile phone use.

Yip, definitely agree, except for mobile phone use. Texting, yes, unnecessary.

I personally find that it is necessary to use my mobile for talking at times when driving. Any mobile phone use while driving is illegal here, but I ignore it since someone sent a video into the Waikato Times website of a uniformed cop in a marked police car sitting at the lights talking on his mobile phone. He then drove off, still talking on his phone. I have also seen cops talking on their phones while driving myself, so I take the law with more than a grain of salt.

I don't smoke so that's not an issue, and I don't eat while driving. I do change the radio station, and that has caused me to swerve off the road on one occasion a few years back, so now I tend to pull over to do it unless the road is clear.

W

WRXXXR

The cops are allowed to talk on their phones apparently (since its "work" related) Apparently they do a couple of defensive driving courses and they can control a car better than anyone and are above the law!

But if your being chased, road raged or whatever and you call the police whilst driving, it's ok.

J

jaxonjorja

So...back to the weird weather in Perth...
Today -- Max38
Wednesday -- Min 24 - Max 40
Thursday -- Min 26 - Max 40
Friday -- Min 25 - Max 39
Saturday -- Min 26 - Max 42
Sunday -- Min 24 - Max 40
Monday -- Min 23 - Max 39

WTF!!! Tolerable if it was dry, but we can also expect 60% / 70% / 80% humidity:sad1::sad1:

A

Alecia the Foxx

The cops are allowed to talk on their phones apparently (since its "work" related) Apparently they do a couple of defensive driving courses and they can control a car better than anyone and are above the law!

But if your being chased, road raged or whatever and you call the police whilst driving, it's ok.

No, they are not allowed to here.

Happy2

Legend Member
Just back to weather for a sec
With forecast of 40degrees + for Australia day Will there be more biff than usual at the skyworks /city in general. Just wondered what was the worst for a excuse for violence extreme weather or grog Both together well maybe the worst of both worlds

J

jaxonjorja

Never an excuse for violence, but extreme hot weather and grog separately or together are common reasons for it.

Demon

Legend Member
So...back to the weird weather in Perth...
Today -- Max38
Wednesday -- Min 24 - Max 40
Thursday -- Min 26 - Max 40
Friday -- Min 25 - Max 39
Saturday -- Min 26 - Max 42
Sunday -- Min 24 - Max 40
Monday -- Min 23 - Max 39

WTF!!! Tolerable if it was dry, but we can also expect 60% / 70% / 80% humidity:sad1::sad1:

Pfff, you call that hot. When I was a boy it was so hot that ...

Apologies to Monty Python.

:laughing4

Only hottest week for 47 years!? If true, that is 1965. I remember it well, as if it was only 47 years ago.

J

jaxonjorja

Pfff, you call that hot. When I was a boy it was so hot that ...

Apologies to Monty Python.

My old man used to always say the same things - "when I was a boy", or "rain, hail or shine", or "we never had...". It used to drive me mad! Funny thing, is that I now say similar things to my own 2 kids. Ah, I do love a dose of irony!

Demon

Legend Member
My old man used to always say the same things - "when I was a boy", or "rain, hail or shine", or "we never had...". It used to drive me mad! Funny thing, is that I now say similar things to my own 2 kids. Ah, I do love a dose of irony!

The Monty Python skit is a classic.:eek:ccasion14

Demon

Legend Member
That's the one Alecia.

I saw it on Monty Python show rather than the Hollywood Bowl version.

I am not sure whether they have changed some of the stories so that the audience had a different version than that which they had seen on TV. (Memory thing. But will the kids of today believe we had shows that good?)

But brilliant all the same.

A

Alecia the Foxx

If you google "Monty Python youtube card board box skit" you will get a bunch of versions. Knock yourself out. I first heard it on a record, yes, a vinyl record, and then on the radio. So, I appreciate any version with visuals.

Demon

Legend Member
If true, that is 1965. I remember it well, as if it was only 47 years ago.

Only 1 Test Match that summer (1964/65) (Aust v Pak in Melbourne in early December).

Australia tour West Indies from Feb to May 1965.

The days of fewer tests, so they were memorable.

Happy2

Legend Member
Only 1 Test Match that summer (1964/65) (Aust v Pak in Melbourne in early December).

Australia tour West Indies from Feb to May 1965.

The days of fewer tests, so they were memorable.

So what is your best memory of that test If I may be so bold Demon?