• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Dallas

Legend Member
I agree homer, everyone going over there sees all the signs posted everywhere saying death penalty for drug trafficking so I have no sympathy from that point of view. But I don't support keeping them alive for 10 years and rehabilitating them only to kill them., that's my point I guess. Still there's no hope for them now as the president will lose face if he lets them off.

funflyer

Foundation Member
i am so tired of all the crap surrounding this. they both new the risks involved and they went ahead any-way , it wasn't the 1st time for them but the second as they were lucky enough , not to be caught the 1st time . the king pins will never be caught in Indonesia, because money talks and bullshit walks . the powers to be get rich from the kingpins . :) :)

Not sure what the point is here? Better to be a clever king pin in a corrupt country reap all the benefits and not get caught at all just pay a few bribes or be a dumb 20 something year old and get shot?

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
no one likes to be bullied , and that's what it seems to the Indonesians , Australia bullying them into clemency . :) :)
I think it is not about being bullied........it is about demonstrating pseudo strength to the outside to cover up for insecurity and weakness.

funflyer

Foundation Member
I've been told that the same kind of drugs are available today within the prison they were in before their transfer! How can they really be serious about drugs? They aren't!
I'm not totally against the death penalty there are certainly some people who don't deserve to live (like the 2 guys who butchered a British soldier in London last year).
But this situation is far too corrupt and politically motivated to be at all fair or just. I'm afraid the view that they knew what the risks were, is far far too simplistic!
By the way, I'm no fan of them or what they did.

Last edited:

svengali

Foundation Member
The only beef I have with these executions is that it has taken so long to get around to it. In China or Singapore these two would have been worm food within a few months of being caught. Likewise the Bali bombers hung around for 8 years or so before being executed.

The other problem is that, as usual, it is the dumb couriers who get it i the neck. The "Thai national" who supplied them, apparently a woman who was well known to Indonesian authorities "somehow slipped over the border into Malaysia". :rolleyes::rolleyes: I wonder how much that boosted the local Police Chief's superannuation fund?

funflyer

Foundation Member
The only beef I have with these executions is that it has taken so long to get around to it. In China or Singapore these two would have been worm food within a few months of being caught. Likewise the Bali bombers hung around for 8 years or so before being executed.

The other problem is that, as usual, it is the dumb couriers who get it i the neck. The "Thai national" who supplied them, apparently a woman who was well known to Indonesian authorities "somehow slipped over the border into Malaysia". :rolleyes::rolleyes: I wonder how much that boosted the local Police Chief's superannuation fund?

Forgive me for saying but your argument seems a bit contradictory? You say that it's okay to kill these guys as long as it's done quickly but then say they are only the couriers. The ring lasers are able to bribe officials and disappear. Those two thoughts seem to be at odds with each other?

Last edited:

Dallas

Legend Member
One of things that get me Is if you commit a capital crime abroad you will have assistance from on high
If your homeless in our own country and only want something basic like a roof over your head Look out for yourself No one wants to know you

As for death penalty for rape etc and rehab for others You either have a death penalty or not Not getting over selective Probably put that badly

Personally I am anti death penalty Dont take what you can't return or compensate
I'm sure Mallard and Button in Perth would agree

I couldn't agree more!

svengali

Foundation Member
Forgive me for saying but your argument seems a bit contradictory? You say that it's okay to kill these guys as long as it's done quickly but then say they are only the couriers. The ring lasers are able to bribe officials and disappear. Those two thoughts seem to be at odds with each other?

Nope.

Yes, to executing drug traffickers if that is the law with the reservation that more needs to be done both here and overseas to nail the bigwigs and get them into the firing line. Also an observation that the legal process in this case seems to have dragged on for far too long.

Daniella Alessandrini

La vie est belle <3
Gold Member
I believe that you do the crime you do the time but capital punishment does not solve anything and the way that they execute it in Bali is inhumane.
Prison was designed to be a place where those who had broken the law go in and serve their time and come out ultimately rehabilitated. Bali should be proud that their system is effective. The two men on death row have proved to be model prisoners and show to be genuinely remorseful.
Killing them will not achieve anything. It will only cause more suffering.
It is sad and i feel sorry for them.
People make mistakes and we all deserve a chance of redemption.
Who are we to judge? No one is perfect.

Happy2

Legend Member
Prison was designed for punishment and to get the criminal out of polite society
Rehabilitation is a 20th century concept from the West and the jury is still well and truly out on if it works

How many rehabilitated career crims , rapists or child molesters are back in the system in a very short space of time Sometimes commiting horrendous crimes Especially in the case of sexual offenders

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Two wrongs never make it right.Les execute drug traffickers, the only ones they catch are the dumb ones, that are used by others, how often have you seen a Prime ministers child or high ranking officials child executed by the Asian countries. Law should be for all equally Svengali
Human Beings have used drugs from the beginning of time, I don't agree with drug trade but its a supply and demand problem that is better addressed medically than criminally. Take away the demand and drugs traffickers have no business. I have always been supportive of free drug clinic like they do in Northern Europe they have a lot better success rate getting people of the addiction and by giving them Free they take away the black market so drug traffickers have to go and get a job.

Last edited:

funflyer

Foundation Member
Nope.

Yes, to executing drug traffickers if that is the law with the reservation that more needs to be done both here and overseas to nail the bigwigs and get them into the firing line. Also an observation that the legal process in this case seems to have dragged on for far too long.

And you still think that even with all the corruption and politics going on in that country it's still okay to shoot the small fry? Where's the justice in that? I bet within a few months of shooting them the Indonesians will announce a moratorium on executions while they consider the future of that punishment. I think the only real reason the execution will go ahead is if the president feels he will look weak if he backs down. It has nothing to do with the law or justice. Take them out the back and shoot them! That's far too simplistic!

Last edited:

funflyer

Foundation Member
Two wrongs never make it right.Les execute drug traffickers, the only ones they catch are the dumb ones, that are used by others, how often have you seen a Prime ministers child or high ranking officials child executed by the Asian countries. Law should be for all equally Svengali
Human Beings have used drugs from the beginning of time, I don't agree with drug trade but its a supply and demand problem that is better addressed medically than criminally. Take away the demand and drugs traffickers have no business. I have always been supportive of free drug clinic like they do in Northern Europe they have a lot better success rate getting people of the addiction and by giving them Free they take away the black market so drug traffickers have to go and get a job.

Well said!!!

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
i am so tired of all the crap surrounding this. they both new the risks involved and they went ahead any-way , it wasn't the 1st time for them but the second as they were lucky enough , not to be caught the 1st time . the king pins will never be caught in Indonesia, because money talks and bullshit walks . the powers to be get rich from the kingpins . :) :)
You said the same thing as i did Johnlou, money talks and bullshit walks. Yes i don't agree with the death penalty but it is there law and the more this media circus goes on i think the more there going to make an example out of them just like Barlow and Chambers!! I heard the other day they sort of worked it out to 80k hits which was narrowed down to 50k hits which is like a whole suburb, then you got there families that have to deal with it..The other point which was brought up these guys are well more known then our soldiers that died in Afganastan. As they asked the question who knows the name of the last soldier to die there? Not to many people knew that which is abit sad when these 2 are world known now for all the wrong reasons..Thanks to the media and our Government.. Whether it is right or wrong they did know what to expect if caught, ok i know they were only couriers (maybe) and the AFP were suppose to let them get back to Australia apparently, that didn't happen and now they will die. Maybe they are rehabilitated but who knows for sure, they don't have a choice and this will happen..I feel sorry for there families as well, but how would you think the parents of Barlow and Chambers would feel if they did get a pardon?? They would be asking alot of questions..The whole thing has become a media circus and there lawyers aren't really helping. The president has already said they will be executed regardless of any political involvement, so i think that is what will happen!!

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
well said happytimes , what do they expect when you do a deal with the devil :) :) they will be remembered in history for all the wrong reasons , RIP to those who lost their lives for making Australia and all countries a better life for us . :) :)

funflyer

Foundation Member
And you still think that even with all the corruption and politics going on in that country it's still okay to shoot the small fry? Where's the justice in that? I bet within a few months of shooting them the Indonesians will announce a moratorium on executions while they consider the future of that punishment. I think the only real reason the execution will go ahead is if the president feels he will look weak if he backs down. It has nothing to do with the law or justice. Take them out the back and shoot them! That's far too simplistic!

It's already happening. The president has said that these executions will go ahead but the government will be considering not using capital punishment in the near future. If they're going to do away with it what's the sense of carrying on now just to make a point?

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
I agree funflyer it is already happeneing.....those two will be executed and it will just happen to prove a point (what ever the point might be.......)
And yes Happy 2 rehabilitation might be a 20th century concept and it might not work for every prisoner but sometimes it does and that should be taken in consideration. And in this case even if they would have gotten a second change they would still have been removed from society.

Buzz

Foundation Member
My initial reaction was do the crime do the time. Then I thought about the actual firing of the bullets into the hearts of the two men. Its a violent way to end.
I then though who gives anyone the right to end life. to take away someone right to live. That's the ultimate.
I then thought of what a hypocrite the Indonesian govt is. They have reduced or pardoned most of the terrorists involved in the Bali Bombing. These committed a premeditated act to create as much fear and injury as possible,,,, Premeditated. They would have planned it for months if not years. Premeditated act deserves the full force of any law. It wasn't a spur of the moment out of character act. So, to allow clemency for terrorists who killed 202 people and injured many more yet will execute drug runner shows what a corrupt and vile government Indonesia is. Around the world they will appeal death sentences or their nationals, yet carry out the same act on foreigners

funflyer

Foundation Member
My initial reaction was do the crime do the time. Then I thought about the actual firing of the bullets into the hearts of the two men. Its a violent way to end.
I then though who gives anyone the right to end life. to take away someone right to live. That's the ultimate.
I then thought of what a hypocrite the Indonesian govt is. They have reduced or pardoned most of the terrorists involved in the Bali Bombing. These committed a premeditated act to create as much fear and injury as possible,,,, Premeditated. They would have planned it for months if not years. Premeditated act deserves the full force of any law. It wasn't a spur of the moment out of character act. So, to allow clemency for terrorists who killed 202 people and injured many more yet will execute drug runner shows what a corrupt and vile government Indonesia is. Around the world they will appeal death sentences or their nationals, yet carry out the same act on foreigners

You've summed up the situation very well. Good work!

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Spose its also a violent way to end your life by o/ding on the shit they were trying to smuggle

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I reckon not all dickheads do drugs, and not all drug users are dickheads. Think of the Opium saga of the past, users were coerced into taking them. Just like modern day drug peddlers, preying on innocent school kids, pushing drugs onto them. Give them the 1st round for free, and they will come back for more.

And sometimes you would unknowingly consume them...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/chinese...ep-customers-coming-back-20140926-10mvsl.html

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
They postponed their lawyers' hearing for a week because a couple of signed documents needed were not provided by the court. Now, I can not even imagine what the families and those two go through at the moment but I am asking myself if this 'stretching' of the time to the execution date (and at this stage I am convinced they will be executed regardless) is a blessing for their families and the two of them or is it torture?

B

Bee

To me it seems like torture....but I can only imagine for their families it would be now a living hell. It seems so cruel.