Optical Illusions

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
Do you see a vase or two people looking at each other??

9.gif

Is the dancer turning to her left or to her right?

(Either answer is correct - she is actually spinning both to her left and right - just depends on which part of your brain interprets the image)

130.gif

Happy2

Legend Member
I saw a vase Until I read there was two people And immediately that image took over

Zeus

Diamond Member
All the dots on this image are white, but some appear black.

980x.jpg

No matter how hard you try, you won’t be able to look directly at the black dots that appear in the circles.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
What does it mean if I see the dancer spinning one way at first, then when I look again, the other?? :eek:

Zeus

Diamond Member
What does it mean if I see the dancer spinning one way at first, then when I look again, the other?? :eek:

Most people will see her turning counter-clockwise, which apparently means you’re more left brained (logical).

Here’s the typical run down on left versus right brain:

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
“big picture” oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can “get it” (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Many people associate the right brain with creativity and lateral thinking, and there’s certainly something to that. Our left brains create structures that can act as barriersto alternative solutions and perspectives.

But your left brain plays a crucial role in creativity as well. Seeing logical associations between seemingly unrelated things is a hallmark of creativity. And the critical-thinking skills necessary to tell a good idea from a bad one are pretty important too.

So… tell us which way your dancer spins for you in the comments. And weigh in with your opinion about the right brain versus left brain for creativity… isn’t it a really a “whole mind” thing?

MrBig

Diamond Member
If it's possible for a dancer to spin in both directions at the same time - then for me I she's spinning one way on her foot and the other way on her head.
(at the same time even - if browsing on two devices)

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
anti clock wise it is for me and only anti clock wise........I am with AxeMan..........how can I get her to spin the other way?

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
I just managed to make her spin the other by looking at it a bit cross-eyed for a few seconds.
no go again.....oh frustration. Maybe 3 bottles of wine solve the problem.........:arghh:

XLNC

Legend Member
For me, looking at her from an arm's length distance (or more) made her go clockwise (right) the first time. Makes sense, I suppose, since the right brain covers the 'big picture'. :p

But trying it again just now didn't work. I must be too logical and left brain dominated this morning. :oops:

Happy2

Legend Member
For me, looking at her from an arm's length distance (or more) made her go clockwise (right) the first time. Makes sense, I suppose, since the right brain covers the 'big picture'. :p

But trying it again just now didn't work. I must be too logical and left brain dominated this morning. :oops:
Or you forgot to put your glasses on AGAIN!!

XLNC

Legend Member
Wrong eye?
D'OH!
2739119151_22b50bba76_z.jpg

Madam Tracey

Cyclone Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member
I can only see her spinning clockwise...impossible for me to see or imagine her spinning anticlockwise.
I am predominantly left handed....does that make a difference?

XLNC

Legend Member
I can only see her spinning clockwise...impossible for me to see or imagine her spinning anticlockwise.
I am predominantly left handed....does that make a difference?
Possibly. If I recall correctly, the right brain (clockwise rotation in this case) controls the opposite side of the body...or sumfink. Science was not my best subject in skool. :wacky:

In my case, she is spinning mostly anticlockwise and I am right-handed. I only saw her going the other way briefly yesterday, can't replicate it today. But it's always nice to know a girl can go both ways. :p

Madam Tracey

Cyclone Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member
Possibly. If I recall correctly, the right brain (clockwise rotation in this case) controls the opposite side of the body...or sumfink. Science was not my best subject in skool. :wacky:

In my case, she is spinning mostly anticlockwise and I am right-handed. I only saw her going the other way briefly yesterday, can't replicate it today. But it's always nice to know a girl can go both ways. :p
AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
The masters of illusion

Harry Houndini back in the old days.......
images

images

and definitely Escher...........(have to love Escher)

upload_2015-7-5_18-23-57.jpeg

upload_2015-7-5_18-24-11.jpeg

images