• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

New Covid Rules

Snowy

Legend Member
We the people need to challenge the government in a court of law to make sure that we remain covit free. In 5 years we will be the only state / country who will be clean. For the interest of science. Between us keeping a clean genetic code unimpeded by covit. Would be interesting to see what the world will look like in 5 year or the next 10 . If we could keep WA. covit free. No deaths. No interruptions in our lives and livelihoods.

What do you think. ??

When you consider what we see and hear around the world
I don't think you can keep WA Covid free, as even in lock down there were still planes landing in Perth from overseas, most had covid infected people onboard coming back from working overseas & holidaying that went into quaranteen hotels, plus the ships that also had infected people on board. WA is lucky to have a strong Premier who wants to keep us safe as long as he can.
Australia had the best defence against the virus because it's an Island, but the Prime Minister was weak as piss when he said that any Australian Citizen that is overseas should come home as soon as possible, he should have said that you only have 7 days to get home before I shut down entry to Australia, if he had done that then many people would not have died or got ill from the Virus, just my opinion.
With the people that don't want to be vaccinated in WA & It's there right, then I think it's only a matter of time before Covid strikes hard in WA , I hope I'm completely wrong.

zilla

geezer
Gold Member
M

moremassage

Rubbish, There is no such thing as a choice when pandemics hit like this. if we left it to choices the world would be in even greater mess than it already is!! There is a time & place for choices & this isn't one of them!!
Once again debate, and discussion attacked down thru fear and anger.

My understanding, interpreting government websites in Aust and CDC in US, that my choice now does not affect whether anyone else gets the virus or not. My choice may affect how seriously covid affects me.
Im open if someone can reveal where its been truthfully revealed that the vaccine stope us getting or spreading the virus.

mountainbikingateve

Gold Member
Hi Gobble_Doc.
Good points and all grist for the mill (which is a stupid expression, as grist is what comes from a mill, not what is fed into it).

2019 saw 812 people die in Australia from influenza.
There have been a total of 2,289 deaths in Australia attributed to COVID-19 since November 2019.
In 2020, there were a total of 909 deaths in Australia attributed to COVID-19
In 2020 ZERO people in Australia died from influenza.

Is the fear and terror justified?

I'll just leave that there.

I... AM... SPIKEY

Oh and before you comment; neither the Astra Zeneca, nor the mRNA vaccines were available in 2020

Compare this to 5,454,131 Global Covid deaths as tracked by WHO.
Influenza deaths - 290,000 to 650,000 per year (depends on severity of strain).

That’s a big difference!

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I like to understand how people make their choices, how they may review it and adjust as new data comes in.

The problem with covid is that there are so many versions of statistics, contexts and agendas from all sides.

Data and the science behind any data will heavily influenced by whoever is paying for the experiments to produce the data.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Compare this to 5,454,131 Global Covid deaths as tracked by WHO.
Influenza deaths - 290,000 to 650,000 per year (depends on severity of strain).

That’s a big difference!

Huge, but its still only a 703 (0.073% )in million chance world wide and 89 (0.0089%) in a million chance in Australia of dying and that is not taking the Omicron figures into account that should be coming.

So, a 99.927% change of survival worldwide, or a 99.99% chance of survival in Australia. Those aren't such bad odds and certainly nothing to panic about and destroy a nations economy over. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

No idea what to do

Legend Member
Guy's
It was not quite as serious when the chook flu, Ebola and Mad Cow and other disease's hit parts of the planet
Variance being we didn't have to Vax up to assist and eradicate the problem?

This one is more serious and it is having a huge effect on Humanity as we know it today.
My preference is to be mask free and I'm sure we are all same same,
But you gotta look at the other countries that seem to have dropped the ball and run with it thinking it will fuck itself eventually

IMO ........... Not gunna happen

P.S ................... Mad Cow Disease will be here for as long as my Wifey is around

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Guy's
It was not quite as serious when the chook flu, Ebola and Mad Cow and other disease's hit parts of the planet
Variance being we didn't have to Vax up to assist and eradicate the problem?

This one is more serious and it is having a huge effect on Humanity as we know it today.
My preference is to be mask free and I'm sure we are all same same,
But you gotta look at the other countries that seem to have dropped the ball and run with it thinking it will f**k itself eventually

IMO ........... Not gunna happen

P.S ................... Mad Cow Disease will be here for as long as my Wifey is around

I know of a mad cow that dresses up like a cow and runs around abusing people in restaurants and supermarkets 😂

Mulletman

Gold Member
Once again debate, and discussion attacked down thru fear and anger.

My understanding, interpreting government websites in Aust and CDC in US, that my choice now does not affect whether anyone else gets the virus or not. My choice may affect how seriously covid affects me.
Im open if someone can reveal where its been truthfully revealed that the vaccine stope us getting or spreading the virus.

We will always have fierce debates with people on both sides of a coin, it's part of life. And no matter how much we argue our point across, ppl will be stubborn in their ways and thinking. Just that Covid is world wide<on the news> affecting every thing it touches, so individual governments will choose what's best for their people and enforce it. Their main goal will always be to get things back to normal, cause as you can see covid is hurting the economy. And depending on which choice we ourselves choose to be right, as life is all about making the right choices in life. Or wrong ones that cause conflict after.

I can't tell you from experience how covid affect people cause we have such low cases in WA, that we have the luxury of thinking Covid isn't real. But i can tell you if it wasn't for the jab, my mom would have lost her sister over east. Her daughter decided not to take the jab, and got infected so she had to quarantine. And with no where to go she stayed at her mums. Long story short her daughter was one of the lucky ones that recovered with no trouble, but her mum got infected. Because of the jab her mum didn't get so sick and recovered.

We don't know what covid will do to each of our bodies, it could be like a flu and recover, it could send us to the hospital really sick or worst case be a carrier for life<not allowed outdoors> or takes months and months just to recover from it. We are lucky to live in Australia to have a choice to be ignorant or not. Go to America or any 2nd or third world country and choice, isn't about taking a jab or not. It's about being able to survive the next day with food on the table and a roof over their heads. They are a perfect example of what happens when all hell breaks loose.

I took the jab cause it would make life easier, keep my job, go where i want to go, and if i get sick i believe it won't be as bad cause like the flu jab they give us a batch of the previous virus to fight off the new one. Im may not like it cause these new batch of jabs are still new in trial, so most of us are lab rats to the affects it makes. But new strands are popping up all over the world, so they are constantly making new types to combat it.

Another point is if you haven't taken the jab, there's always that risk someone with a stronger immune system gets sick. Being at the same venue as you. And you become infected. So far most of each and every spread has been done by a person deciding not to take the jab.

Last edited:
M

moremassage

We will always have fierce debates with people on both sides of a coin, it's part of life. And no matter how much we argue our point across, ppl will be stubborn in their ways and thinking. Just that Covid is world wide<on the news> affecting every thing it touches, so individual governments will choose what's best for their people and enforce it. Their main goal will always be to get things back to normal, cause as you can see covid is hurting the economy. And depending on which choice we ourselves choose to be right, as life is all about making the right choices in life. Or wrong ones that cause conflict after.

I can't tell you from experience how covid affect people cause we have such low cases in WA, that we have the luxury of thinking Covid isn't real. But i can tell you if it wasn't for the jab, my mom would have lost her sister over east. Her daughter decided not to take the jab, and got infected so she had to quarantine. And with no where to go she stayed at her mums. Long story short her daughter was one of the lucky ones that recovered with no trouble, but her mum got infected. Because of the jab her mum didn't get so sick and recovered.

We don't know what covid will do to each of our bodies, it could be like a flu and recover, it could send us to the hospital really sick or worst case be a carrier for life<not allowed outdoors> or takes months and months just to recover from it. We are lucky to live in Australia to have a choice to be ignorant or not. Go to America or any 2nd or third world country and choice, isn't about taking a jab or not. It's about being able to survive the next day with food on the table and a roof over their heads. They are a perfect example of what happens when all hell breaks loose.

I took the jab cause it would make life easier, keep my job, go where i want to go, and if i get sick i believe it won't be as bad cause like the flu jab they give us a batch of the previous virus to fight off the new one. Im may not like it cause these new batch of jabs are still new in trial, so most of us are lab rats to the affects it makes. But new strands are popping up all over the world, so they are constantly making new types to combat it.

Another point is if you haven't taken the jab, there's always that risk someone with a stronger immune system gets sick. Being at the same venue as you. And you become infected. So far most of each and every spread has been done by a person deciding not to take the jab.
I cant argue with your choices and they are good for you and maybe for me in the future. I am open to Novax.
Dont believe the media about the US etc. I have a lot of family there and its different all over and generally healthy. Before Covid i spent a lot of time in third world nations.
Whether I have the vax or not does not determine if someone else gets it or not so if they have a strong or weak immune system is irrelevant to that argument.
I have been heavily affected personally with at least six members of my immediate family getting covid in two different countries none died and none vaxxed and unvaxxed. I have had three tragic deaths, non covid, during these these last two years and family unable to attend due to restrictions. I have family vaxxed and unvaxxed and we all still love each other, unified, hurting in our loss and being apart, and refusing to let covid create a wedge between us.

Why cant we all do this?

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Because everyone thinks differently, and why there will always be For and against in every thing in life. And the saying " you can't please everyone "

And nor should we. The point here, though, is that those who do not wish to be coerced are having their choice taken from them. It should not matter whether one agrees or disagrees with the vaccines; people should be entitled to their right of choice.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Apparently, Mask McGowan held a press conference today, where he is stating that he is going to make things more difficult for un-vaccinated.
If unvaxxed people are going to be locked out various places; what happens when a vaxxed person misses one of their vaccine Boosters? Are they then classed as un-vaxxed???

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Nowadays it's too trendy to think everything is a conspiracy theory.

Some think governments are enforcing & mandating vaccines to control the populace and take away people's freedom.

Freedom should be the everyone's rights, but in place of anarchy & to control something which impacts a large percentage of the population, there does need to be rules in place

sircurious

Legend Member
Apparently, Mask McGowan held a press conference today, where he is stating that he is going to make things more difficult for un-vaccinated.
If unvaxxed people are going to be locked out various places; what happens when a vaxxed person misses one of their vaccine Boosters? Are they then classed as un-vaxxed???
No - vaxxed boosters are not compulsory for everybody - only selected industries require you to have a booster. Also when you print out or download your vax certificate (issued by the Federal Government) it only shows two COVID vaccinations at any one time. To see all your vaccinations you can download or print your immunisation record - either of these documents are accepted to enter the premises where you need to prove you have been vaccinated.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Nowadays it's too trendy to think everything is a conspiracy theory.

Some think governments are enforcing & mandating vaccines to control the populace and take away people's freedom.

Freedom should be the everyone's rights, but in place of anarchy & to control something which impacts a large percentage of the population, there does need to be rules in place

Well when people ask me whether I am disappointed in the government or how I feel about losing my freedom my answer is no I am not disappointed as I had no expectations of the government in the first place. I pull my own wait because nobody owes me shit.

And I can’t lose my freedom as I never had any in the first place.Freedom is an illusion unless I want to go live in the jungle.

Kenny

Diamond Member
Too the opened minded here, listen to this e-book in audible form it is mind blowing.
Enjoy.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
No - vaxxed boosters are not compulsory for everybody - only selected industries require you to have a booster. Also when you print out or download your vax certificate (issued by the Federal Government) it only shows two COVID vaccinations at any one time. To see all your vaccinations you can download or print your immunisation record - either of these documents are accepted to enter the premises where you need to prove you have been vaccinated.

You write this today and today it may be correct. However, this time last week my friend went to Little Creatures for lunch. The next day he was denied entry. If boosters are mandated for certain industries, just think back to the vaccine mandate rollout. We would have to be pretty naive to think that the booster won't be mandatory for everyone who wants to work, or go to the shops, or go to the pub, or go to a movie, or travel on public transport, etc, etc, etc.

Tell me I'm wrong... Go on...

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Mark McGowan has revealed the State Government’s new proof-of-vaccination app will launch on Tuesday and flagged further restrictions for unvaxxed West Aussies are just around the corner.

Proof people have been double-jabbed is required for venues taking in more than 500 punters, including nightclubs, music festivals and major events, pubs, taverns and the Crown gaming floor.

“Tomorrow we will launch a new app to make the process of showing proof of vaccination (easier) which will be important as it will become far more frequent in the lead up to the (border) transition (on February 5),” Mr McGowan said.

On vaccination figures, the Premier revealed WA’s first dose percentage has hit 93.9 per cent for West Aussies aged 12 and over.

The second dose rate is 86.3 per cent, with WA’s third dose rate at 14.5 per cent.

CovidAustralia hits shocking Omicron milestone

“We are currently finalising a longer term policy which will cover a wide range of licensed events and venues, restaurants as well as riskier environments like indoor fitness centres,” he said.

“This policy will come into force as we move closer to easing border controls.

“Far too many resources are being used over east to care for individuals who have not taken the basic steps to care for themselves.

“If you have not had your first dose yet, please make your first booking today otherwise life is about to get difficult for you.”

When questioned further on what type of events could be shut off to WA’s unvaccinated, the Premier suggested AFL matches could be among them.

“My intention is (the policy) would include those sorts of events as we move forward,” he said.

“The advice I have is that we do not have any events scheduled prior to February 5 but we will move towards pre-vaccination requirements for those major events going forward.”

Mark McGowan has revealed the State Government’s new proof-of-vaccination app will launch on Tuesday, as requirement are “expanded further in coming days”.
Mark McGowan has revealed the State Government’s new proof-of-vaccination app will launch on Tuesday, as requirement are “expanded further in coming days”. Credit: Kelsey Reid/The West Australian
It comes as WA recorded three new local COVID cases. All three were in quarantine and were not believed to have been contagious in the community.

One is linked to the backpacker cluster sparked by a French tourist in December.

Regarding the case of the Hyatt Hotel security guard and his partner, all 33 contacts have tested negative.

Some 380 people will arrive into WA today on five separate flights. Of those, 138 from Northern Territory will go into self quarantine after the region was classified a high risk jurisdiction.

On Sunday 227 truck drivers were stopped at the South Australian border. One was turned away after testing positive to COVID through a rapid antigen test.

“The sheer number of cases in the rest of the country right now, it is placing pressure on supply chains across a number of industries,” Mr McGowan said.

“There is a dedicated team working hard to ensure our supply chains continue to operate safely. The second (thing) it illustrates is the risk of another outbreak prior to our safe transition plan.”

The Premier revealed 13,399 bookings had been made for WA children aged 5 - 11 to get their first jab between Tuesday and January 24, after the vaccine was made available to this cohort from Monday.

“There are still over 5000 appointments available for parents to book at state-run clinics,” he said.

The Premier revealed 13,399 bookings had been made for WA children aged 5 - 11 to get their first jab between Tuesday and January 24, after the vaccine was made available to this cohort from Monday.
The Premier revealed 13,399 bookings had been made for WA children aged 5 - 11 to get their first jab between Tuesday and January 24, after the vaccine was made available to this cohort from Monday. Credit: Simon Santi/The West Australian
Mr McGowan also added that the Government was sharing paediatric vaccine supply with GPs yet to receive supply promised by the Commonwealth.

“We received 33,700 doses on Friday and expect to receive that each week,” he said.

“But we will provide some of the doses where we can to GPs and pharmacies which have not yet received the doses they were expecting from the Commonwealth.

“We know that many parents will want to take their children to GPs, like they do for other childhood immunisations.

“But I want to assure all parents that our State clinics in Perth and across regional WA are there and available to be used.”

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Well my PT was telling me yesterday that she had booked tickets to see Wizard of Oz at Burswood. Did not have her second jab on time so there was no entry, no deferring of ticket, and no refund.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Here’s another one I’d like people to chime in on. Say brothels that are bigger and more reputable now required people to sign in or check in with an app. If one is married or of social high standing, there’s a can of worms if contact tracers reveal all the visited locations.

If people are required to do that, would many of the gentlemen just rather not go?

sircurious

Legend Member
You write this today and today it may be correct. However, this time last week my friend went to Little Creatures for lunch. The next day he was denied entry. If boosters are mandated for certain industries, just think back to the vaccine mandate rollout. We would have to be pretty naive to think that the booster won't be mandatory for everyone who wants to work, or go to the shops, or go to the pub, or go to a movie, or travel on public transport, etc, etc, etc.

Well if people choose not to get vaccinated, then that's their choice, however if the Federal & State Governments decide to put rules & regulations in place then that's their choice too. Also got to remember that those people who choose not to get vaccinated and were prolific travellers overseas before COVID then they are going to find it hard to find a place to travel to as those countries governments also have rules and regulations involving the non vaccinated.