Netflix and chill 🍿

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
Where did you buy the box set?
I usually do some homework, do a search on eBay for the best price and reliable seller then cross reference if available cheaper and in stock at JB HiFi or retailers.

Black Sails I bought off eBay and like most things that come from the eastern states to WA I had to Wait Awhile.

BluRay has been great for my home theatre system and Black Sails has been awesome.

I only buy DVDs or BluRay if the film or set is exceptional as these formats take up space to store but obviously can be watched through online sources.

WildBrumby

Legend Member
A private working lady put me onto this film, 'Hysteria', a romantic comedy based on a real story of the invention of the vibrator. Here is the trailer:

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member

WildBrumby

Legend Member
Watched 'The Shawshank Redemption' for the first time this evening. Absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish.

Totally didn't see that ending coming but in hindsight saw how the whole film built up to that moment.

Thoroughly enjoy plot twist films which sometimes makes them hard to rewatch once you know the ending.

But....totally will rewatch, it's awesome.

images (5).jpeg

DHFH

The Gnome
Diamond Member
Watched 'The Shawshank Redemption' for the first time this evening. Absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish.

Totally didn't see that ending coming but in hindsight saw how the whole film built up to that moment.

Thoroughly enjoy plot twist films which sometimes makes them hard to rewatch once you know the ending.

But....totally will rewatch, it's awesome.

Absolute classic. Pretty sure it is now rated the best film of all time on IMDB by uservratings (for whatever that is worth).

WildBrumby

Legend Member
Absolute classic. Pretty sure it is now rated the best film of all time on IMDB by uservratings (for whatever that is worth).
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I know the ending it's still worth the watch for plot, cast and cinematography.

WildBrumby

Legend Member
Feel like a baddie commenting here, cos I spend more time over on Stan/Paramouht+ than I do on Netflix 😂

My faves that I keep returning to are:

Yellowstone

What can I say, I’m a sucker for Cowboys and Horses 🤠 🐎 😉
OMG!....Will you marry me? Girls that like Westerns are a rare breed....😍

Nina Stone

Gold Member
1883 is the prequel to yellowstone?
It is the origin story of The Duttons traversing the US to make their new life in Montana. 1923 follows on from that. I believe there are now TWO more spin offs in the works! One which follows Jimmy and his new life in Texas at The Sixes (666), and another yet to be named which will star Matthew McConaughy as Spencer Dutton! Very excited to have some new shows coming, as Yellowstone will wrap this year in November 😢

WildBrumby

Legend Member
Well I have the rest of my winter viewing sorted with a great find on eBay of The Sopranos on Blu-ray. Excited to watch it in my home theatre, no spoilers please....😎
images~2.jpeg

CDSC

Gold Member
I’ve actually never watched dexter. How was it?
I guessing I’d like as it’s about a serial killer.
Dexter is a great series .. Dexter is a forensic blood splatter analyst that is also a serial killer. He works for the Miami PD but he is also a serial killer of serial killers. So many twists and turns ..
Films I watch again and again are:
Dangerous Beauty (about a Venetian courtisan)
Blazing saddles
Good Morning Vietnam
Ned's
The cook, the thief, the wife and her lover..
I was a download freak for a while the list is huge.

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
Dexter is a great series .. Dexter is a forensic blood splatter analyst that is also a serial killer. He works for the Miami PD but he is also a serial killer of serial killers. So many twists and turns ..
Films I watch again and again are:
Dangerous Beauty (about a Venetian courtisan)
Blazing saddles
Good Morning Vietnam
Ned's
The cook, the thief, the wife and her lover..
I was a download freak for a while the list is huge.
I love good morning Vietnam, Robbin Williams movies are gold.
- mrs doubtfire
- one hour photo
- insomnia
- the butler