More than a month now since I quit smoking

T

Tania Admin

It's been 10 days since I quit smoking,,already my food tastes better, my sense of smell has improved (though now some people smell alot worse lol), and I'm not self conscious of me smelling like smoke, I absolutely hated the smell of it on me and in my hair, I'm looking forward to all the other benefits from quitting too, health wise and financially..

I am feeling rather proud of myself and just felt like sharing it.
:)

Happy2

Legend Member
Re: 10 days since I quit smoking

I am a ex-smoker too Smiley It is well and truly worth it
You may have to get a competition going with our other fave new ex-smoker a little competition with a good prize at the end can be a very helpful adjunct to your will power Or maybe more important wont power

T

Tania Admin

I have quit before, for 2 years, then started again 2 years ago, (I know stupid me :BangHead: ),,this time it's for good...

My spunky spunky husband to be doesn't smoke either.

Another part of the motivation being my children:

A: I don't want them to smoke (they aren't passive smokers either as I have never smoked indoors)

B: They keep repeating they don't want to watch me die slowly and have to make the decision when to turn the machine off. (That really
pulls on the heart strings).

And thank-you so much for your support, it's a big help xo :)

F

Farm Boy

Good girl I am pleased for you.

Happy2

Legend Member

Yes Smiley it will be nice for you to smell as beautiful as you look
(Allright Allright I'm backing off now Mr Naughty thoughts)

B

Bianca

i had to or three ciggs last night norty mee aye

J

JasRob

wow had nicotine withdrawal a couple of years ago ..at first i feel sick but then eventually i get over it and asked my doctor about it ..cause i was having colds and it was really terrible...i thought i couldn't make it but hell i made it!lol!!yes the benefits of it are great! you can save a lot of $$ and bsides that my partner's happy cuz i don't smell bad when we kiss...lol :la:

homer

Doh!
Legend Member

great job, well done! i've never picked up this habit, the smell just doesn't stick with me and i am one lazy bum, too lazy to hold up a ciggy to my mouth too much work.

Happy2

Legend Member

It is good to see the attitude to smoking in medical circles has changed My youngest Aunt is in her 60's though never smoked
But she still talks of having a check up regarding her soon to be born daughter And right long side her was a expectant mother & father
puffing away and ashtrays were provided for their convenience

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member

Well done Tania!!!

Keep on the hard track...you will be the better for it!

You can take the stress by spring cleaning!!!!!!

T

Tania Admin

Well done Tania!!!

Keep on the hard track...you will be the better for it!

You can take the stress by spring cleaning!!!!!!

Oh joy, Sadie will be there in a couple of hours. Hope the Ladies enjoyed their dinner last night.

svengali

Foundation Member

Yep! Filthy habit which should have gone the way of the dinosaurs a long time ago.

Keep it up, Tania - you will probably get more bookings if you don't smell like an ashtray too.

T

Tania Admin

Yep! Filthy habit which should have gone the way of the dinosaurs a long time ago.

Keep it up, Tania - you will probably get more bookings if you don't smell like an ashtray too.

I work in administration, so I'm not sure how that will work svengali lol

J

Jazzmine

We're proud of you too Tania ! :p :happy7:

12hours. Twelve hideous hours of non smoking for me!

S

switcher

Hardest thing I ever had to do. I have been rewarding myself with a WL once a month ever since.

Happy2

Legend Member

Switcher I do hope the cost of the cancer sticks per month was less than you outlay on a Working lady

T

Tania Admin

It's been 15 days now and no cravings at all (Champix helped that), and I don't get the urge when I'm around other smokers either. The only side affect I am getting with the Champix is really bizarre dreams. Never again am I going to smoke. :)

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Re: 15 days now since I quit smoking

Been ages since you quit smoking ----
What are you replacing the urges with?????

LOL

Its just that there is a rumour......

Happy2

Legend Member

15 Days? Well done I probably will find people on the forum who have gone longer , but for me its 19yrs 6mnths and 13days But who's counting?

M

MIA LOVE

Its just that there is a rumour......[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Fudd

Foundation Member

It's been 15 days now and no cravings at all (Champix helped that), and I don't get the urge when I'm around other smokers either. The only side affect I am getting with the Champix is really bizarre dreams. Never again am I going to smoke. :)

....am on Champix too and have been "clean" for 21 days.... :) .....I, too, have had some bizarre (and at times vivid) dreams.....unlike you, I still have the odd urge to light up but have resisted it. As an aside, being bored one night I worked out that if I don't smoke, the savings mean I could see a W/L every 3 weeks or fly to Europe once a year in business class.....hmmmmm, decisions....lol... :)

Happy2

Legend Member

....am on Champix too and have been "clean" for 21 days.... :) .... As an aside, being bored one night I worked out that if I don't smoke, the savings mean I could see a W/L every 3 weeks or fly to Europe once a year in business class.....hmmmmm, decisions....lol... :)

Or go to Europe every other year with a few of your favourite working ladies Sadly though they may have to fly Economy Though you could lash out and get Exit row seats

T

Tania Admin

Been ages since you quit smoking ----
What are you replacing the urges with?????

LOL

Its just that there is a rumour......

A woman has needs you know!!!! lol

J

Jazzmine

Is it a rumor that you gain weight when you quit smoking? You don't seem to have gained any. Are you on some kind of exercise regime now as well?

T

Tania Admin

Hmmm, perhaps some people do gain weight when they quit smoking, I'm guessing it's because they eat to fill the void, my weight has stayed the same.
But no I haven't changed my exercise regime, not yet, though I do think some toning will be in order seeing as my wedding is fast approaching.

J

Jazzmine

You have :love1: LOVE :love1: to fill your void! How cute! Over two weeks without a smoke is fantastic!!!

T

Tania Admin

You have :love1: LOVE :love1: to fill your void! How cute! Over two weeks without a smoke is fantastic!!!

That I do, Naughty Thoughts is one awesome as guy :love7::love3:

Thanks Jazz, I'm surprised how easy it has been, I can even sit in a room with smokers and have no cravings at all. :)