gazzman

Gold Member
A couple years ago here was a heap of nosy currrent affairs types putting a lot of heat on suburban knock shops & massage joints. Ya reckon one of them jumped ship & is moonlighting for langtrees? Hope its not a mole.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
A couple years ago here was a heap of nosy currrent affairs types putting a lot of heat on suburban knock shops & massage joints. Ya reckon one of them jumped ship & is moonlighting for langtrees? Hope its not a mole.
lol moles i like :) :)

svengali

Foundation Member
I believe one of the writers of "Inside Cover" in the 'West' used to monitor this site for salacious titbits but I haven't seen any references to the sex industry there for a while so maybe the current author doesn't bother.

SAO26.2

Wiink. I'll Do the Rest
Gold Member
G
Yes there is. Hello John. I am Custer, the newly appointed Langtrees Reporter.
George Custer is a peculiar choice for a handle, given Custer's dubious role in history. Are you the modern Son of the Morning Star?

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I have had the pleasure of meeting our new reporter personally, I think George and our new main administrator will do marvelous things for our forum. When I say ours I mean all the members, I have never tried to control the forum, and believe it is owned by the members, yes I do get the members to help me a lot, but after all I am a girl, and girls need help.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
I have had the pleasure of meeting our new reporter personally, I think George and our new main administrator will do marvelous things for our forum. When I say ours I mean all the members, I have never tried to control the forum, and believe it is owned by the members, yes I do get the members to help me a lot, but after all I am a girl, and girls need help.
lol , i don,t agree as only women are able to join this forum :)
as far as you MAK needing help he he :)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
John once final decisions are made I will bring you up to date, will not be any changes your way, thanks for keeping together when I go walk about.

droppinglo4ds

Silver Member
Hi,

is there an email or something that should go out to new members such as myself to let us know what is required to be able to post? I'd like to contribute to the WA areas but as yet can not so unsure what to do.

Figured i had to introduce myself somewhere

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Hello droppinglo4ds, I have used your post to start a second thread. We have only recently changed to the zenforo forums and to be totally honest we had taken no time to set it up correctly.We are now all on board to get up to date with admin and permissions. In the old forum a welcome letter went out to all, I will get it rewritten tonight, so it explains how to make the first post. I hope you stay on board and help us make this a fun factual interesting forum.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I've noticed a pair of spectacles next to some posts, thought they were threads i was watching, dosen't seem to be...what are they?

R

rankin

Why start a thread & post rules without any debate? Are you so certain your rules are expansive or restrictive enough?

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
That's a fair comment, lets start the debate. We try to be open minded so please members let Yoda & the team know what you think is fair for the forum rules.I'll change the thread title to include debate.

R

rankin

That's a fair comment, lets start the debate. We try to be open minded so please members let Yoda & the team know what you think is fair for the forum rules.I'll change the thread title to include debate.

May I suggest that before rules are established, the fundamentals need to be set in place ie purpose of the site, topics that are acceptable or otherwise, how are the rules adjudicated, reasoned consequences etc ... additionally the rules should be set as a code of conduct with clarity as to the intent of each ... under the proposed rules, this site possibly should not exist and a large proportion of respondent's, including myself and moderators, should have had posts deleted and their memberships removed ... rules need to have a clear intent and understanding, not just wordy statements ... otherwise worthless

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Why start a thread & post rules without any debate? Are you so certain your rules are expansive or restrictive enough?

Hi Rankin

A discussion is welcome. And as to whether the rules are expansive or restrictive to a degree that can serve the liking of everyone, it will always vary with the perception of each individual.

Achieving a balance where the forum is maintained as a positive place that many return to as they do without the experience of the user being hindered by inappropriate behaviors of the minority is our aim.

Your feedback is valued.

R

rankin

Hi Rankin

A discussion is welcome. And as to whether the rules are expansive or restrictive to a degree that can serve the liking of everyone, it will always vary with the perception of each individual.

Achieving a balance where the forum is maintained as a positive place that many return to as they do without the experience of the user being hindered by inappropriate behaviors of the minority is our aim.

Your feedback is valued.

Exactly and that is why a higher level of governance is required ... rules (or statements) without substance are always open to abuse or interpretation

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Exactly and that is why a higher level of governance is required ... rules (or statements) without substance are always open to abuse or interpretation

You have a point. Yet if an iron fist approach or the other approach is used, there will be differences in interpretation from the diverse spectrum of personalities here. A balanced approach where there are agreements among a respectful community rather than commandments to subordinates is my preferred ways of being. Yet as Maryanne says, the forum belongs to all of us. Without our members, it would just be a bunch of webpages like the soulless Droid Army.

Please tell me more.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I am liking the way Rankin writes, maybe he could write out a set of code of conduct that would cover us. I have always tried to maintain the forum as a open discussion place with many points of view, and we have removed little content, have only done so when it was clearly a personal attack.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
By tonight we should have three different size avatars available for members, which a APP BEING ADDED TO THE FORUM THAT WILL GIVE YOU 200 CHOICES FROM your own settings.
Until then why don't we download avatars that would suit
suzythefloozy. We can also use the post to encourage other members to brighten up their profiles with an avatar. I find the question mark rather boring.
Suzy do let me know the meaning of viola or voila, I am not intrigued enough to search on my own.

I will award 2 - 20 trophy points for each idea posted, if I like them. 0 points for something that does not amuse me.Prizes will be awarded in the very near future in exchange for trophy's. This converts to $$$ that must be spent at a advertisers venue. Don't stress we have sex shops and all sorts of interesting advertisers coming on board.

Last edited:

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy Mak I do agree, Rankin is excellent. As well may I suggest "Honestman" as well, even though he can go over the top, he really does cover all the positive and negatives of any debate topic

I am liking the way Rankin writes, maybe he could write out a set of code of conduct that would cover us. I have always tried to maintain the forum as a open discussion place with many points of view, and we have removed little content, have only done so when it was clearly a personal attack.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Don't worry i will find a way to let you know, and I will find a way that only I can use this feature for the next few months.