Thor the God of Thunder

Bronze Member
What do you do to keep concentrated on long road trips?

Especially in Australia there can be long straight roads with nothing but dust and trees. Sometimes there comes a Kangaroo out of nowhere and you have to slam the brakes.

I like to listen to music to keep my thoughts moving.

What are you doing to stay Alert?

Happy2

Legend Member
After the first two hours I stop and get out of the car or truck then after that each hour

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I have done Ceduna to Kalgoorlie once.... west bound not east.... Many many many red bulls...... The last 50 odd from Kambalda to Kalgoorlie was a bit of a blur, that dotted white line starts to do things to you....

Happy2

Legend Member
I have done Ceduna to Kalgoorlie once.... west bound not east.... Many many many red bulls...... The last 50 odd from Kambalda to Kalgoorlie was a bit of a blur, that dotted white line starts to do things to you....
You should be shot!!
Safety is paramount and sleep not caffeine is the answer

Happy2

Legend Member
Come on its about 1500K. Not bad I say........
If you need chemical stimulation You're a bloody risk you arrogant driver you
If the last 50k were a blur Means you're lucky you didn't fall asleep at the wheel

Phoebe

Legend Member
I only ever did it once, and that was with red bulls and truckie coffee's too at nullabor roadhouses... I was driving a Subaru outback too, The last 50k I was alert okay, but white line fever was setting in... I got to my hotel near hay street in kal showered and went to the Irish pub for a feed, which I walked.. :)

I have talked to truck drivers whom have done Port Augusta to Norseman in one sitting too... now that is 1660...

Trickortreat

Gold Member
Old school truckies talk about the solo drives they did and the candy bags they got sent on the road with. Silly bravado, most ha e nothing to show for it except a drug addiction and ruined health, done monster hrs and ruined relationships still paying mortgaga or re t into retireme t. Fatigue is real, cant be teicked with redbull.
That said, nothing wakes u up like fear...

Trickortreat

Gold Member
Dont judge too harshly, everyone does something they regret in hindsight. Hard to make rational decisions when tired. More dangerous tban piss. Educate instead of judging

Phoebe

Legend Member
As I said I only ever did that one time.... The longest I do now is mainly from Perth to either Balladonia or Cocklebiddy...

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
yea well spose the pump attendants out there dont mind where the W/L cums from n dat they r hi on red bull spose u drive like Daniel

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
DUI............

Obbie

Legend Member
I usually watch tv once I'm out of town , makes the trip go a lot quicker !

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Been on one already bepp !
when how long ago u met Turbo
Unf....err truckinbelivable
actually think it was a fair while eh? I kinda remember it i know it wasnt recent cause i watch that show each week
spose next u'll b on Ice road truckers fighting the polar bear and Alice bet u'd love to cuddle up to Lisa on those cold nights... 10-4 good buddy
keep F..er Trucking;)

Last edited:

Phoebe

Legend Member
when how long ago u met Turbo
Unf....err truckinbelivable
actually think it was a fair while eh? I kinda remember it i know it wasnt recent cause i watch that show each week
spose next u'll b on Ice road truckers fighting the polar bear and Alice bet u'd love to cuddle up to Lisa on those cold nights... 10-4 good buddy
keep F..er Trucking;)

Lisa on Ice road truckers is stunning :) she makes that show as does bear....